NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

But he has the other console where those games came out first/earlier on. Which basically comes back to my original point - so you like that kind of game, but you didn't get it when it was on the original console (and much cheaper). I was wondering why people ignore the content on other consoles, but check it out on Wii U, then comment they have more titles on Wii U and its library is more to their tastes.

Becuse if they are out on Wii U then I will get Wii U version of the game to Surpport Nintendo

Becuse if they are out on Wii U then I will get Wii U version of the game to Surpport Nintendo

Heh, fair enough. :p

Although you're missing out on some real good shit.

Heh, fair enough. :p

Although you're missing out on some real good shit.

I don't are I get the game to just have fun

Hang on, you can't dismiss a game on the wii u because it's on another console, it doesn't take away the fact it's a quality game on the console...?!

I'll give you 15 games as a matter of a fun debate

Nintendoland

Zombi U

Super Mario U

Rayman Legends

Donkey Kong Country

Pikmin 3

Wonderful 101

Lego City Stories

Need for Speed

Deus Ex (great wii u exclusive functionality)

COD Ghosts (good gamepad functionality)

Sonic Racing Transported (5 player local play with gamepad)

Mario 3D World

Batman Arkham City (fantastic gamepad use)

Monster Hunter 3

Zelda

10 are exclusives! Not bad!

Not mentioning the Assassins Creeds which I don't like, Splinter Cell, Injustice or Tekken which are both great beat em ups, or that Fifa 13 has some brilliant functionality (and the last decent playing FIFA engine)...

Doesn't include some excellent virtual console games, however crap the service is as a whole, it as a good dozen great games, eshop has at least a dozen great games.

IMO...

Nintendoland - A demo, with low single player playability (an issue that could have been solved with online play - didn't satisfy)

Zombi U - Felt very buggy, unpolished and crude - to add Im not a fan of First Person games.

Super Mario U - Absolutely boring, not worth the price.

Rayman Legends - I played the demo, and it also seemed a bore. Not a fan of the main character, and I think at that point after owning SMU, didn't need a platformer.

Donkey Kong Country - Love the detail and audio, sadly was never a fan of DK and actually would have welcomed it more if it wasn' a platformer (and perhaps a 3D game?)

Pikmin 3 - Short and sweet, but expected more since Pikmin 2 (I am a major fan), and no online was simply crippling. I would have been playing this till this date if it was an online RTS.

Wonderful 101 - Didn't appeal to me, semi-button mashing.

Lego City Stories - Wasn't a fan of the lego series so I didn't buy this - regardless of being open-world, I need to like the characters/setting. I think the snob in me doesn't want to play a 'kiddie' lego game.

Need for Speed - Wont give this a chance, just too many in the series, and too many of the same shite.

Deus Ex (great wii u exclusive functionality) - Was curious, and this would be something I would be most likely to pick up at present but FP games aren't my thing.

COD Ghosts (good gamepad functionality) - No FPS for me pls.

Sonic Racing Trans(formed)ported (5 player local play with gamepad) - Loved it! Mrs loved it too, probably has the most hours spent playing.

Mario 3D World - It was good... But it didn't have that 64, Sunshine or Galaxy appeal... After a while, felt 'meh'.

Batman Arkham City (fantastic gamepad use) - Great game, a bit button-mashy, but good quality and presentation.

Monster Hunter 3 - Ugh, disliked.

Zelda - While its nice to see on the shelves, I dont really have the energy to play this again. This wasn't the Zelda that needed the remake IMO and I won't be paying the prices I see at the mo to play it, especially with its visuals-only upgrade and a few minor others.

So only really about 5-6 games for me... 20 games, that surpass the PS360 experience I can never vouch for.

You could say Im picky, but Im a simple man really. Pro online, pro scale and pro variety. Im against FPS and at the moment, platformers.

But on the story of Watchdogs - I guess I was gullible to look forward to this on Wii U, I agree with fierce Link - its a pisstake and shouldn't be accepted - Nintendo should have solved the issue 10 years ago when we were getting this treatment with the Gamecube.

Guys stay on topic or open a new thread if ye want to discuss 3rd party output (or lack thereof) or whatever it is ye are on, cheers : peace:

Watch_Dogs Wii U Version Release Windows Pushed to Fall 2014 on Ubisoft’s Own Uplay Store

When Ubisoft announced a further delay of the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs, they just said that a 2014 release for Nintendo’s home console was possible, but they didn’t give any precise data.

Now Ubisoft’s own North American Uplay store pegs the release window for the Wii U version of the game to “Fall 2014,” which I guess is better than a “2014, maybe.”

It’s worth mentioning that the European Uplay store lists the Wii U version for May 27 like the other platforms, but that’s most probably just a mistake.

Of course the “Fall 2014″ window hasn’t been announced officially, so take it with a grain of salt, but Ubisoft’s own store should be a bit more believable than Amazon.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/11/watch_dogs-wii-u-version-release-windows-pushed-to-fall-2014-on-ubisofts-own-uplay-store/

The game will be forgotten about at that point if this is true.

TBH Autumn is earlier than I was expecting...

I get the feeling that nobody will care once the game gets released and is revealed to be a steaming pile of turd though ;)

TBH Autumn is earlier than I was expecting...

I get the feeling that nobody will care once the game gets released and is revealed to be a steaming pile of turd though ;)

Even if it is a decent game the fact that it is likely to be twice as expensive than the other platforms makes it criminal.

We don't know anything about this or how the GamePad will be used.

If it comes, I'll be surprised. I doubt it's optimised for the Wii U, though. My head tells me that the PC version of this will be the best, but that the game as a whole won't be as it was originally touted for any system. Colonial Marines 2, if I ever saw it.

I think Ubisoft have seriously messed up with this game, regardless of the Wii U version fiasco. I mean it feels like it should have come out centuries ago! :D

My interest in it has long gone at this point. :zzz: GTA V satisfied that open world action game itch very nicely indeed, and I won't be needing another fix anytime soon. :heh:

They clearly revealed Watch Dogs waaaay too early.

I think Ubisoft have seriously messed up with this game, regardless of the Wii U version fiasco. I mean it feels like it should have come out centuries ago! :D

My interest in it has long gone at this point. :zzz: GTA V satisfied that open world action game itch very nicely indeed, and I won't be needing another fix anytime soon. :heh:

They clearly revealed Watch Dogs waaaay too early.

I don't think it was too early, but the worrying thing is that they perhaps delivered too much when they did show the game. Maybe what they showed perhaps wasn't something that they could deliver. It's a criticism of Ubisoft and one that they've had for years. Their trailers or first impressions/first looks aren't always representative of the final product.

What's killed it for me slightly is the lack of buzz or content over the last few months. If they truly believed in this game, there would be so much more news, footage (in-game) or trailers about it. It just seems to have flat-lined.

If this isn't shown at E3 running on the Wii U I'm going to forget about it. Like others have said I've my doubts that it'll be optimised for Wii U or that it'll use the gamepad.

If this isn't shown at E3 running on the Wii U I'm going to forget about it. Like others have said I've my doubts that it'll be optimised for Wii U or that it'll use the gamepad.

Will there be much point in this being at E3 though other than somewhere on the show floor? That's a week or two in June, and this is across platforms on May 27th atm, no? I was in GAME(shudder) the other day - they apparently think it's still coming to Wii U with the others on the 27th(lol).

this game wasn't really on my radar, but having watched the video, I think I'll get it.

That looks really really good... God I hope the Wii u version is awesome!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/ubisoft-now-concentrating-on-watch-dogs-for-wii-u

Ubisoft Now Concentrating on Watch Dogs for Wii U

Still no release date for Wii U version.

With Watch Dogs shipping on a laundry list of platforms later this month, Ubisoft is now reportedly "fully focused" on the Wii U version.

Speaking with Red Bull, Watch Dogs creative director Jonathan Morin touched on the Wii U version of the open-world game. “Right now [the Wii U version is] currently being done, but I'm not directly involved," he said. "We wanted to finish all the platforms that we are currently shipping. ... The good news now is that they're all fully focused on the Wii U version, making sure it gets the attention it deserves to make it the best version it can be.”

News of the Watch Dogs delay on Wii U came earlier this year, but Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot didn't give any specifics for the postponement. He only stated that Watch Dogs for Nintendo's home console would come at a later date, though there still hasn't been any official word of when the game is slated for release.

Last month, a Uplay Store listing for Watch Dogs on Wii U pointed to a fall release window for the game. Watch Dogs comes out May 27 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Maybe I'm just not in the mood to watch it, maybe it's the players, but it looks boring...

Can't tell whether or not this looks good or not. Either way, I'm not going to be picking up the Wii U version anymore. Unless we suddenly get some info that it's graphically on par with the PS4 version or it has some cool features, I'm just going to wait for when I inevitably pick up a PS4. That's provided the game is actually any good.

I'm waiting for the sequel, Watch_Cats :p

Watch Doge.

Wow. Such hack. Much steal.