NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

Still no word on how much [or little] the Wii U pad will be used with this huh?

I'm really stoked for this as long as it's not completely gimped Wii U Pad function- and graphics-wise.

This is the game I'm most looking forward to on the WiiU this year... I find it sad that it's not a Nintendo game I'm most looking forward to. They seem to be a little lack-lustre as of late.

This may be a silly question, but is it in any way related to Sleeping Dogs?

no not @ all dude.

Bit 'a Wii U footage?

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Watch -

Bit 'a Wii U footage?

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Watch -

Still looks decent enough :) Happy with my Wii U order for it

Still no word on how much [or little] the Wii U pad will be used with this huh?

I'm really stoked for this as long as it's not completely gimped Wii U Pad function- and graphics-wise.

I doubt they'll go to the trouble of implementing the pad. You'll probably end up playing it with the HC controller.

I constantly mix them up in my head at first, I don't know why. They're just unfortunately rather similar names!

I doubt they'll go to the trouble of implementing the pad. You'll probably end up playing it with the HC controller.

HC Controller?

I constantly mix them up in my head at first, I don't know why. They're just unfortunately rather similar names!

HC Controller?

Also wasn't there a bit in a demo where he 'called for help' but it was done on a tablet or something? I thought it was done in the Sony conference though, but now this confuses me. When I saw it I thought nothing of it, thought of smartglass and wondered if they'd essentially take any similar features and stick them on the gamepad.

Hardcore controller.

I now have a VERY disturbing image in my head!

Is that wrong...?

It's not just that that confused me. They are both sandbox games(right?) and Sleeping Dogs had a mini game where you could hack stuff. I just figured they made a sequel and expanded upon it.

Watch Dogs: Gameplay Series Part 1 - "Hacking is Your Weapon" [uK]

ONly just seeing that vid for first time now.

Really like teh idea of the Crime Detection system and you getting to choose if you want to help out or not... will choices made in such scenarios have any effect on story/character development?

The 'other player in your game thing' just seems utterly pointless no?

Like it's just really petty, what's the point of it?

So I take it you fully customise your character at the start of the game as this other player looked different.

Also it seemed just kind of fake, like how this second player was clumsy and not acting like the main character of their game but a secondary character.

Watch Dogs 14 Minutes Gameplay Demo [uK]

That is 360/PS3/Wii U graphics yes? Or the graphics have taken a real nosedive.

After watching it I have to say it looks amazing.

The second player probably is the main character in their game, but appears as an NPC persona when entering other worlds. I don't think he looked clumsy at all though. Don't see where you're getting that.

It's obviously staged to show the gameplay anyway but yeah I didn't get the impression of it being fake or the guy being clumsy. The other player almost hacked the 'main' player and got away and the main player then did exactly the same back.

When Player 2 realised you were on to him, he seemed to become more erratic and he tripped after jumping over the flowerbed or whatever.

Enjoyed that. Quite excited for this - just hoping it's done everything well enough to have really good variety. I worry the novelty mechanic might get tired in places after a while, but all I've seen so far has been rather impressive. Just need to decide what system I'm gonna get it on now!

The thing that concerns me a bit is if it will get a bit repetitive. There doesn't seem to be a video that goes by where he doesn't use bollards to stop a car, I mean... IS there another method? and then the same applies for everything else.

If he can presumably hack a cars alarm system/engine to steel every one, can he hack an opponents car to switch it off as they're driving it? Can he change the lights as an opponent is approaching a crossroads and have them crash into/or have to stop as a result of the traffic now moving across their path etc...

Still need to see more, as it's looking a little bit boring to be atm.

The thing that concerns me a bit is if it will get a bit repetitive. There doesn't seem to be a video that goes by where he doesn't use bollards to stop a car, I mean... IS there another method? and then the same applies for everything else.

If he can presumably hack a cars alarm system/engine to steel every one, can he hack an opponents car to switch it off as they're driving it? Can he change the lights as an opponent is approaching a crossroads and have them crash into/or have to stop as a result of the traffic now moving across their path etc...

Still need to see more, as it's looking a little bit boring to be atm.

co-sign. The game looks like it will get boring quickly.