NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

Wasn't the E3 demo of Battlefield 3 playing on a PC and it still came out fine on the other consoles? I didn't see any sort of graphic overhaul that is completely out of the reach of the PS3.

Oh it'll come out fine, I very much doubt people believe otherwise except in the graphics department.

Though the hinted drop in drop out aspect of the game has me cautious regarding the belief it will come out on current gen systems. Battlefield had to cut down some of its multiplayer features for consoles due to performance issues, but we have no idea on what sort of numbers they're aiming for with Watch Dogs.

First interview

•The city itself will be used as a weapon - tap into any computers or infrastructure. Or the ''darkest secrets of the people living in Chicago.''

• The demo shown was just one example of what the players can do to achieve their objective.

• Aiden Pierce isn't good or bad, but neutral.

• The example given is that by causing collateral damage with civilians getting killed, giving a bad image towards the player.

- The other way in killing the person that was shown in the trailer could have been by tracking the guy down in the parking lot, and take him down there.

- This gives the player the choice in how he approaches his missions

• ''Online is in the DNA of Watch Dogs''

- The motto - ''Everything is connected, and connection is power''

• Two people were playing during the demo, one was playing as Aiden Pierce, and another person was playing as another character, which had his own objectives, and ''crossed paths''. Basically, both players had their own objectives and crossed paths.

• Their wanting to blend in multiplayer, online and singleplayer, in ways that haven't been done before.

• Their game was inspired by other games, such as Assassins Creed, in reference to open world. Day to day news from Chicago was also an inspiration.

• Powers will grow as the game progresses, and you get more and more powerful as you progress.

• Left questions raised as to whether Aiden Pierce is the only person in the world of Watch Dog that has the powers that Aiden himself has.

• New IP, with three ingredients involved,

- Talented team

- Time, with it being developed for two years, but definitely not being shipped this year, so a lot more time is available.

- Awesome technology such as a new engine to give the designers new tools to allow new things and a lot of detail.

• City is based on Chicago - heavily inspired by Chicago. Very similar.

• Poor districts or more wealthy districts will influence how you play and approach missions.

• You choose what to do with the information you gather on the civilians around the city, so not all civilians have ''dark secrets'', but those that do, you'll be given the option to act on it, for side-missions.

- These ''dark secrets'' may include prior criminal convictions, etc.

- The city and the media will have an impact on how you take action.

• Definitely not being shipped this year.

• Will support ''multiple platforms''

NEW YORK - February 20, 2013 - Today, following the announcement of the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE), Ubisoft® revealed that its highly anticipated open world action-adventure game, Watch_Dogs™, will be available for the launch of the new system.

As demonstrated onstage today at PlayStation Meeting 2013, Watch_Dogs' ambitious scope illustrates that Ubisoft is once again at the forefront of new technologies, giving freedom to development teams to create unprecedented entertainment experiences. Development of Watch_Dogs is being led by Ubisoft Montreal, with support from Ubisoft's Bucharest, Paris, Quebec and Reflections studios. Receiving more than 83 awards and nominations at E3 2012 where it was first announced, Watch_Dogs blends cutting-edge technologies and sophisticated game design into a realistic, living open world.

In Watch_Dogs, players will experience the realities of living in our fully connected society, where individuals and corporations are at risk of exposure by our ever-increasing reliance on networks and technology.

Players will assume the role of Aiden Pearce, a new type of vigilante who, with the help of his smartphone, will use his ability to hack into Chicago's central operating system (ctOS) and control almost every element of the city. Aiden will be able to tap into the city's omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control systems such as traffic lights or public transportation to stop a chase, and more. The city of Chicago is now the ultimate weapon.

"Ubisoft has a strong history of supporting new technologies with unique and creative offerings," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer, Ubisoft. "The power and capability of the PS4 allows the Watch_Dogs team to further push the boundaries of what was previously thought possible in interactive entertainment."

Watch_Dogs will be available on PS4 at launch, along with its release on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Wii U™ system from Nintendo and Windows PC.

Stay connected to Watch_Dogs by visiting the official website: http://www.watchdogsgame.com,

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/watchdogsgame and

Twitter account: http://twitter.com/watchdogsgame.

watch.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Phew, good news that it's coming to Wii U, I'm a bit surprised I have to say.

Whoa what's that running at 20fps, so jerky, or is that the compression of Youtube. I played my brother's XBox 360 a year ago and most of the games on there looked like this jerk-fest. Before you ask, I played Batman AC, Gears of War and Battlefield 3. I don't get the complaints of Batman having frame rate issues on the WiiU, it seems far better than the XBox version.

no i'm not into that nerdy stuff, like boycot them because they delayed a game, i will but this game in the store brand new.

im glad we are getting the rayman online challenge mode for free till the game comes out.

i hope games like splinter cell will head our way also. i still support ubisoft, they have done alot for nintendo in the past and still do.

Great news to see it finally confirmed for Wii U :D

Here's hoping that they really take advantage of that 2nd screen for hacking gameplay!

I'm surprised it has taken the bloody PS4 event for it to come to light that this is coming to the Wii U.

With Wii U gamers screaming for the last while "where are the games" you'd think Nintendo would have done a 3rd Party Wii U Nintendo Direct BEFORE this Sony event and had that as there "Oh one more thing" at the end.

That would have created a storm of positive press for Nintendo.

Now if they do a 3rd Party ND and show off this everyone will be like "meh we knew it was coming already".

Unless they show off some actual Wii U gameplay with various ways the GamePad will be used in game and those features then blow everyone away.

Whoa what's that running at 20fps, so jerky, or is that the compression of Youtube. I played my brother's XBox 360 a year ago and most of the games on there looked like this jerk-fest. Before you ask, I played Batman AC, Gears of War and Battlefield 3. I don't get the complaints of Batman having frame rate issues on the WiiU, it seems far better than the XBox version.

Poor Youtube video. It isn't even at SD :p

I will be getting the game on this, especially after that Ubisoft leaker on NeoGAF said it's between the 360/PS3 and New Xbox/PS4 in looks. I don't intend to get a PS4 or new Xbox on launch (nothing compelling me to, plus the PS4 controller sucks) but I want this game. It's only logical

I'm not actually fussed for this game, but I suppose I should get it day one, as basically the more Nintendo fans that stay away from these titles the more publishers will cease their support for the Wii U.

Now, had they ported Far Cry 3, I'd have been a lot happier, but I guess I'll just have to play that on PC.

The one thing I do think about these late generation games is that sadly the developers will to push for better graphics often lead to the kind of performance issues that I find more off putting than I do lower quality 'graphics'.

I find it odd that some gamers seem to be able to play a bloody slide show if it looks pretty enough and sit their cooing at the 'great graphics'. Give me 60fps over that any day of the week!

I really like the sound of this game, being able to hack and manipulate the city sounds just awesome! I hope it lives up to the hype surrounding it. I know I'll be purchasing it anyhow!

This is going to be a tough choice. The game interests me but which platform to get it on?

Wii U will hopefully use the GamePad well but will the PS4(+Vita) or new Xbox have similar functionality with improved visuals? Or do I just go PC and have the best visuals but no GamePad features.

Boycott ubi , only Buy this 2nd hand if you must

Yes, and kill Ubisoft's incentives to release their games on Nintendo systems.

Very, very happy about this. When this was shown at E3, I remember thinking "gah, wish this was on a Nintendo system." Now it is. :D

I wonder what the differences will be between the various consoles. How much different will the PS4 version be to the PS3? Will the WiiU version be completely different entirely?

Will the WiiU version be completely different entirely?

There'll probably be something wrong with it.. :indeed:

From the ps4 event yesterday, this is clearly a current gen game. So the ps4 and 720 version will likely be only marginally be better than wii u ps3 360 version. If the gamepad is put to good use there'll be no question for me.

So whilst watching the Playstation thing last night on an HD stream i got to see some WatchDogs running on the machine and honestly, my current PC can do those graphics and its nearly 5 years old, dosent look that much better than Sleeping Dogs. Also noticed it had an inconsistant frame rate and some screen tearing which is likely a sign that the newer consoles are going to have the usual launch day port problems.

The good news is that since Xbox360, PS3 and WiiU are all running on current hardware, those versions of the game should run much smoother and wont have to sacrifice too much in the way of shiney effects since its running on a modified Anvil engine. Id fully expect the WiiU to have some touch screen mini game-esq stuff to keep things interesting which may or may not make it into the PS4 game with its copycat Vita screen thing.

The game itself looks like a modern day version of Assassins Creed and that is no bad thing, if they make good on the premise it could be one of the best games to launch this year.

Just a reminder, a known Ubisoft insider posted on NeoGAF and stated that the visuals in the Wii U version are superior to the 360 and PS3 ones

Day one purchase for me is this game! although i was less impressed with the game shown last night during sony's conference i was still impressed with the IP

Seems I'm so out of the loop I hadn't even heard of this before now; literally just got told about it 10 minutes ago. From the sounds of things, it'd be a perfect game for a second screen/gamepad, so I'd probably consider adding it to my growing hypothetical Wii U collection!

Seems I'm so out of the loop I hadn't even heard of this before now; literally just got told about it 10 minutes ago. From the sounds of things, it'd be a perfect game for a second screen/gamepad, so I'd probably consider adding it to my growing hypothetical Wii U collection!

Look for the E3 2012 demonstration of it on YouTube - it's really good. I mean, it's really 'demoey' and scripted, but it looks conceptually interesting.

This is screaming out for comprehensive GamePad functionality. Ubi pls.

Think I'm gonna add most of the posts from the Other Consoles Watch Dogs thread into this thread, so people can read up on the game and check out other videos.

I'm really interested to see how the gamepad is used in this game. It will likely be the deciding factor for which console I'll get it on. I can happily sacrifice graphics if we're going to get the same game (ie. not watered down) along with good gamepad mechanics.

Look for the E3 2012 demonstration of it on YouTube - it's really good. I mean, it's really 'demoey' and scripted, but it looks conceptually interesting.

This is screaming out for comprehensive GamePad functionality. Ubi pls.

Yeah @Vonviel was saying it was one of the best at E3. Will have to try and check it out this eve when I get home.

Edited by Rummy