NEurope
Cube

Drive Club

Thanks to Amazon.de I'll get the full game for 20€. And now I get 50% off a one year PS+ subscription with it?

:yay:

Wow nice deal Drakhon. The PS plus offer is killer value.

You better not play Need for Speed: Most Wanted then! :grin:

I have :( Just one more Most wanted car to go single player wise but damn at your scores. Not sure if i have time for that :p

Considering that all PS4 owners with an internet connection will have access to a large portion of the game, why would anyone pre-order?

Considering that all PS4 owners with an internet connection will have access to a large portion of the game, why would anyone pre-order?

12 months of plus with preorder.

Just watched one of the latest gameplay videos. It really does look so much better than at E3.

The DriveClub Facebook page has got it. I'd link you but I just logged out at work and cba.

Just watched one of the latest gameplay videos. It really does look so much better than at E3.

I love how the sun shines and refracts on the glass. Thats a new next gen effect not seen before. also the objects off the track react to your vehicle. You bend plants and stuff as you drive over.

5Cj7.gif

closest thing i guess.

So has anyone else pre-ordered this?

I've got it pre-ordered and will likely keep it for the 50% off PS Plus deal alone - I'm assuming it's a code in the box or something similar - but the game itself looks pretty damn nice.

My only question now is will they be releasing a wheel for it do you think?

Not that it matters too much but, I got used to using the Speed-Wheel on the Xbox for Forza which proved to be pretty damn awesome for games like this.

Interesting... :)

This is something I'll have to look into, I have no idea if the Playstation Move Racing Wheel was any good, but that may be a viable option I guess?

According to the official Hong Kong site, both Move Sharpshooter and Move Racing Wheel will work. It just depends if the games support them.

Presumably that means that I'll need to buy the new PS4 camera then? As I assume that will contain all the necessary technology for Move in it and then some... but if the existing PSeye works as well then I'll gladly just keep using that, or rather I'll start using that again but on PS4. :wink:

The trees in driving games have always looked terrible, it's especially noticeable in GT because everything else looks so shiny and detailed.

The trees in this are decent though. ORDERED! (lol)

I'm just not sold on this because I'm not sure what exactly it's doing that's different from any other driving game already out there.

I'm excited because it looks pretty much like a next-gen PGR.

I'm just not sold on this because I'm not sure what exactly it's doing that's different from any other driving game already out there.

I think thats the question most of these racing games will be asking when GT6 comes ;) Might as well enjoy some tech advantage while it lasts.

In Driveclub's favor its not a realistic racing game. It is probably closest to PGR. This looks more refined challenge wise though and the team objectives stuff makes it much more interesting than just braking around a corner giving you kudos points. The tech looks great too. Dynamic lighting, time of day, crazy effects and insanely detailed modeling int he scenery and cars. The scenery will have physics and effects too unlike other racing games. There is plenty going for it and there is nothing quite like this game. A big advanatge Sony have is that they dont try to appeal to everyone with one big game. GT can focus on being the GT and giving realism. Driveclub can be free to do its own thing as do Motorstorm, Wipeout etc.

Edited by Choze

Details on the PS+ edition: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79403849&postcount=1714

- The PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB will be available well into the new year, so no need to worry.

- There will be a discount to upgrade to the full digital edtion from the PS+ edition, but prices won't be announced for a few more weeks yet.

- When you upgrade from the PS+ Edition you get the full digital edition which doesn't require a PS+ subscription.

- You can earn the platinum trophy in the PS+ Edition, remember its the full game minus a few cars/tracks.

- Rear-view mirrors as you've seen in the latest direct feed footage just show the environment - you'd be surprised how limited the visibility in the mirrors are for a lot of these cars and for gameplay purposes we want to give the best visibility.

- We are working on a photo mode, but that's all I can say about it right now.

- No Split-Screen I'm afraid.

I rarely get round to using all the cars and tracks in games like this, so it sounds perfect for me.

Edited by Cube