NEurope
Cube

Drive Club

Got online after this patch earlier.

Update history:

- implement several game-side fixes to reduce server load.

- fixes an issue that may cause clubs to become corrupted.

- fixes out of memory crashes due to multiple large avatars in the friends list.

- fixes occasional game-side crashes when uploading large amounts of progress data.

Done the first race. Driving mechanics are cool. Will definitely enjoy the game.

Penalty system needs to be changed.

And as long as the servers aren't up I won't continue playing.

Online racing is working! Challenges are still locked but everything else is working. My club The Choc Chips is looking for members (invite only).

Send me an invite cooky!

Sorted!

Welcome aboard.

You've got to love the online - it's so much fun and a bit of a free for all too!

Damn you Baron-Funk *shakes fist*

Invite me too! :D

The servers are down again this morning, for me anyway. :(

Invite me too! :D

The servers are down again this morning, for me anyway. :(

Will do man!

Christ! The servers have been up and down like a prozzies knickers : peace:

hooker.gif

Edited by Cookyman

been away for 3 days and the servers are still a mess.

pathetic!! paying for an online service and sony are not delivering!

offline the game is okay, its nothing special though!

A.I on this is pretty dumb, gotta be said!

Edited by khilafah

I tell ya what, i hate how you get penalised for the AI smacking into you whilst doing an overtake, or going around a corner.

Things I like are the lighting, the sense of the speed and the sound of the cars.

A quick update:

Continual upgrades to the DRIVECLUB servers are building a steady increase in performance, meaning that we're getting more and more players connected.

The next server update is coming within 24 hours and will mean we can start to switch on more of the online features, so that you will be able to play more of DRIVECLUB online.

We are sorry that we don't have more concrete news to share right now, but please be patient. We will have more information for you tomorrow.

Once it's all working I reckon it'll be even more addictive.

Any idea/news on when the weather will be integrated? And will there ever be more countries?

Once it's all working I reckon it'll be even more addictive.

Any idea/news on when the weather will be integrated? And will there ever be more countries?

The first free update will be the replay/photo mode which Once the server issue is addressed will be a matter of weeks. Weather update (also free will be before Christmas).

DriveClub will be getting free cars and tracks from its 8th October launch until next June.

Developer Evolution Studios' community manager Jamie Brayshaw explained on the PlayStation Blog that the studio is currently implementing a customisable weather system and Photo Mode due to popular demand.

Evolution also noted that the game currently has 55 routes and 25 tracks, but more free tracks will be added post-launch.

Additionally, the developer is going to add one free car every month from October until June.

Of course, there will be paid DLC too. That's why there's a €24.99 Season Pass, which will give players 60 per cent off buying all the planned DLC a la carte (an estimated €75.84 value). These will run for a full calender year starting in November and will include new packs of cars, tour expansions and challenges.

Ultimately, the free DLC will include nine cars and 11 tracks, while the paid DLC will consist of 38 cars, 176 new events and 80 unique liveries.

141036870665.png

Edited by Cookyman

Online was working great this morning and the leaderboards are fully working too, just need the challenges to go up now. I've invited both @Daft and @Fierce_LiNk to the club.

2014-10-1418_34_11jky05.gif

Edited by Cookyman

I'll have to check to see if i am still in the club, it said i was last time the servers were online. If the servers are coming on slowly, but surely then that's great news indeed.

I'll have to check to see if i am still in the club

You are in the club - Christ that makes you sound pregnant!

743.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

Accepting now. Just not been on this much waiting for the servers to work. Finally got on for the first time last night. Whoop!

Love the driving.

It's part arcade, part simulator. Perfect fit for me.

However, the game itself seems to depend on the social aspect too much. As long as the servers continue to suck the game probably won't click with me. That's why I still haven't touched the game after the first 30 minutes a couple of days ago.

Love the driving.

It's part arcade, part simulator. Perfect fit for me.

However, the game itself seems to depend on the social aspect too much. As long as the servers continue to suck the game probably won't click with me. That's why I still haven't touched the game after the first 30 minutes a couple of days ago.

I've managed fine without the online aspect, so far. It's still a great racing game at its core.

For me, the dynamic timing makes it even more awesome. Starting a race in the day and finishing it at night and vice versa. So cool. I need the dynamic weather so badly.

Bloody hell, i'm online. And it seems to be staying on.

The club level seems quite low, guess it's something to do with my low club level. Seeing as i'm a level 15, guess i need to do more club challenges or something to get it up.

Edit: My level updated on the club, overall we are a 6. Not bad indeed.

Edited by Jimbob

If @Daft and @Fierce_LiNk accept invite then yes if not I'll send you an invite.

I've been trying to accept but the servers are down for me. Even when it says that the connection has been re-established, it's down when I try to accept the invite. :(