NEurope
Cube

Drive Club

That's Eurogamer though... :heh:

Other places have scored it reasonably, Destructoid gave it 7.5 I think and I'd take more stock in their reviews, so basically in my mind it's probably an 8/10 game at best but I reckon dlc will improve it over time and I'm happy with what I've seen from it so far in videos plus the GIF's - those GIF's!!! - so I'm sure it's going to be a worthy investment. : peace:

Anyway at least this wasn't rushed out for launch! :indeed:

I will be being a bit more cautious about future PS4 purchases from now on but damn this still looks to be a lot of fun. :D

It's the closest we'll get to a new PGR and it looks like everything I wanted. We'll see. Fingers crossed I enjoy it, at least.

Its all over the place scores wise...

Based on my beta experience. I was expecting an 8 average. Its missing some stuff at launch such as replays, photo mode and weather oddly.

The thing is the game is different in that its not too crazy. Its arcade but fairly down to earth. Its certainly not over the top like a Ridge Racer but more akin to something like Sega Rally. But it seems according to some reviewers there is no space for this type of racer?

Eurogamer 6/10

'The PS4's DriveClub barely manages to raise itself beyond mere competence.'

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-07-driveclub-review

Ooh dear. The actual handling looks a bit Dirt-like to me in the way that it isn't super precise and is quite forgiving, which means you don't really feel like you improve as you progress through the game. I'm interested to see what you guys make of it.

I hope this is not the case in later stages of the game. I found i was improving clearly in time trials and drifting. Though what i remember of dirt and Grid was that their handling was weird. It was like the cars were on one wheel.

Edited by Choze

I don't think we'll be waiting for the missing content long according to some sources, probably a few weeks.

Crazy. A year in and there isn't one game released for the ps4 that could be considered amazing (except p3 ports). Except maybe Resogun... But doesn't quite count. Strange as it's incredibly popular... shows what marketing and image does I guess.

Still, there is a lot of content on the system and with more to come, just so weird that there's probably nothing we'll be talking about in a few years time.

Can't think of any games that survive with a legacy after the first year since Mario 64 had its day tbh. Wii Sports maybe.

Destiny, almost definitely, but thats multiplat and going to run and run.

Yeah...at this point my PS4 is a video streaming device. Haven't played anything on it since Last of Us.

Wow talk about a difference in opinion!

Gamespot 5.0

The B Gamer likes it.

Videogamer TV - "a wonderful little racing game"

IGN - No video up yet but scored it 7.9

DJYOLZ Gaming - Fucking hates it!

Gametrailers - no vid on youtube yet 8.6.

So there you have it some completely different views on the game, I've just downloaded it in prep for launch on Friday. I'm still totally pumped for it!

Destiny, almost definitely, but thats multiplat and going to run and run.

Destiny really is something special. Forget what people may write about it on paper. Playing is everything and this game is gold.

Wow talk about a difference in opinion!

Gamespot 5.0

The B Gamer likes it.

Videogamer TV - "a wonderful little racing game"

IGN - No video up yet but scored it 7.9

DJYOLZ Gaming - Fucking hates it!

Gametrailers - no vid on youtube yet 8.6.

So there you have it some completely different views on the game, I've just downloaded it in prep for launch on Friday. I'm still totally pumped for it!

No consensus. Which isnt a bad thing. Different opinions are welcome. Would be more like music and movies and less metacritic.

Edited by Choze

No consensus. Which isnt a bad thing. Different opinions are welcome. Would be more like music and movies and less metacritic.

Ok so on the subject of opinion - was it absolutely necessary to quote me including all the you tube videos? It's my opinion you couldn't be arsed editing the quote.

Anyway - lets lighten the mood - this made me giggle!

PS+ version delayed.

The free version of DriveClub for PlayStation Plus subscribers has been delayed.

DriveClub's PS Plus edition was originally due to be a launch title for the console. US PlayStation Plus members were due to get the download yesterday but it never materialised. It was due to arrive in Europe today.

Now, in a new blog post on DriveClub's official Facebook page, Paul "Rushy" Rustchynsky explained that the delay was an attempt to ensure a smoother server experience for players who already had the full game.

"With DriveClub, we are dedicated to delivering a dynamic and socially connected racing game that everyone can enjoy, and along the way we're facing new challenges which we haven't encountered as a development team before," Rustchynsky explained.

"We are seeing a lot of activity and new social behaviours right now, but unfortunately this is pushing the servers to their absolute limits.

"In order to help all DriveClub players who have the game already, we're temporarily holding back the PS Plus Edition and the My DriveClub app to ease the load and traffic to the servers. This should give players a better chance of connecting to the game servers and, once the servers are operating well, we'll be sure to let you know when the PS Plus Edition and My DriveClub app will be available to download.

"To our PS Plus fans, we're sorry you're having to wait longer to play, but we want to ensure that when you come on board, you get the best experience possible. Rest assured, if you've pre-ordered the full game upgrade from the PS Plus Edition, you will still get the full version of DriveClub digitally, and if you can't get online you'll be able to get started offline like everybody else with single player mode as you start your DriveClub tour.

"You'll still be able to earn fame, unlock cars and get to grips with all of the options for playing and creating your own events and challenges - and everything you do will be synchronised with the servers when you do get connected, so you can set-up a bunch of challenges to send out to your friends as soon as you are able to join each other online.

"We fully appreciate how frustrating this is for everyone. We want you to get online with your club because racing, challenging and having fun together is what the game is all about. We know that racing with your friends online is what you've been waiting for and we are doing everything we can to deliver that experience to you as soon as possible.

"Sorry again for the difficult start. We'll keep you regularly updated on our progress as we work round the clock to improve connectivity."

The full DriveClub game will be available to buy from the European PlayStation Store later today as planned. It will be sold in shops this Friday.

"The problem with DriveClub is that it's just competent," Mike Channell wrote in Eurogamer's DriveClub review. "You'll drive some fast cars in some arresting environments. You might even have fun, in between getting clobbered with penalties. But there's no romance to it. No passion."

Started this last night and I think the eurogamer review is pretty spot on. Game does feel empty and the A.I is not good at all.

Constantly bash you and it seems scripted.

Servers were down all last night.

Edited by khilafah

PS+ version delayed.

Damn even with a paid subscription service Sony are having these issues.

Yeah, I would be a little surprised if they didn't. Evolution always said they'd keep working on the game after release. Fingers crossed they continue to improve it.

oh crap. They charged me. I forgot to cancel my pre order on PSN. £30 short now...

Can i ask for a refund and cancel? Or the best way to do it? I was about to order Inafmous instead.

Started this last night and I think the eurogamer review is pretty spot on. Game does feel empty and the A.I is not good at all.

Constantly bash you and it seems scripted.

Servers were down all last night.

Of course the game feels empty the servers weren't running that's like bitching about Battlefield when the servers are down. The online component of Driveclub is what sets it apart from other racers check out the videogamer tv video I posted earlier to see what I mean.

I reckon they'll patch the AI/penalty system.

I reckon they might tweak them slightly, although a lot of folk on neogaf were defending them.

Yeah, I would be a little surprised if they didn't. Evolution always said they'd keep working on the game after release. Fingers crossed they continue to improve it.

They will and we've still got replays, photo mode and weather to be patched in too oh and free maps and cars!

oh crap. They charged me. I forgot to cancel my pre order on PSN. £30 short now....

Oh boo hoo nobody to blame there but yourself. Instead of being a moaning git before you've even played it why not give it a go, you might like it.

Can i ask for a refund and cancel? Or the best way to do it? I was about to order Inafmous instead.

So you played the beta and on the strength of that preordered it and now you want a refund? Is it just me or do you you make no sense at all? The only thing Infamous on here are your posts.

Hmmmm interesting... I too preordered the game and have been charged for it today as expected. I checked the email and it said:

Details

DRIVECLUB™ PlayStation®Plus Edition Full Game Upgrade (Full Game)

Pre-order Expected Release Date: 09/10/2014 @ 11:00 PM £34.99

Nice, so should be playing at 11 then? Preorder countdown still makes it out to be midnight!

Edited by Cookyman

Drive club get! :D

No chance to play until later though but still, it's here! :)

(kind of want to play Alien Isolation instead though) #toomanygamesnotenoughtime

No idea if my copy is at home or not, i'm expecting either the new NBA game, Driveclub, both or neither of them to arrive.

Will be downloading it at midnight - cant wait to set up a club (if the servers are working).

Mine downloaded a while back. Unlocks at 12. Too late for me to go back now :p

Must play. Try to enjoy etc...

Having said that the beta was fine. It was like an old school racer from before last gen type days for me. It is somewhat plain and basic I guess.