NEurope
Cube

inFamous: Second Son / First Light

I wouldn't worry. I thought that but it was a cake walk. Last boss too, make sure you have some blast shards with you to power up during the fight. Real easy.

I'm loving this now. Shame to hear that it's short because I don't want it to end.

At first I was a bit meh. Turns out I don't really absorb quality visuals for the most part so they don't really wow me. On the other hand Delsin was quickly more likeable than Cole. The controls/general movements for moving around and scaling buildings hadn't changed which annoyed me greatly.

Then when I got a handle on my powers, including BEING THE NEON FLASH, which I didn't even know was going to happen (awesome, this is why I avoid trailers), I realised you don't even need to climb up/go around anything ever again so who the heck cares?? I'm desperate to hit good karma level 5 just to unlock the unlimited speed boost.

And whilst lovely vistas and lighting and textures don't wow me that much, amazing animation tends to impress me much more (I remember thinking Perfect Dark was one of the best looking games of all time, just for the weapon reload animations, had a similar feel for Halo 4). So I love little things like the neon standing capture, and draining the signs. So damn cool.

Riffing off the above, since I'm playing Metro 2033 again, the detail and atmosphere of the world is completely ruined by the awful NPC animations. It makes it a thousand times more jarring to look at a poorly animated character when she exists in a beautifully created world.

I finished my first run through of the game yesterday. As I always do, I decided to go with the good path first. I always find the evil path easier to do when I play on expert as I don't need to worry about killing civilians and can basically just unleash hell. :D

I ended up loving Delsin, which is a big surprise because I thought the guy looked like a real douche. I especially liked seeing the relationship he had with his brother being played out. I also found the little scenes where Delsin phones up that billboard wifey hilarious.

When you get the power to go invisible and Delsin says he's been imagining what to do with the power of invisibility since puberty.

The facial animations on some of the characters is amazing, with real emotion being displayed at times. Some of the textures on some of the lesser characters looked a bit off to me though. Kinda rubbery.

I found the voice acting to be great as well, but then i've always found this a strong point in the series.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the digital powers you get but I did enjoy them a little more once I got my wings.

I thought smoke was the best for combat and neon was best just for running around and getting the blast shards. Running up the side of a building is just win.

I did all the misc trophies and got all the collectibles on this play through, so once I do my next play through it's just a matter of doing the story. Saying that I had a blast doing everything so I may just do that again.

I'm not sure if I should start it again straight away or let it rest a bit and start something else. Either way, the game is amazing and i'm sure i'll enjoy my next play through, whenever that is, just as much as my last one. :bowdown:

So I 100% the game with my karma as good. Was pretty good although one thing perplexes me... why can't he swim?

Started over again and gonna be mega evil now. Everyone dies!

So I 100% the game with my karma as good. Was pretty good although one thing perplexes me... why can't he swim?

Started over again and gonna be mega evil now. Everyone dies!

His main power was based on smoke/fire so that and the water isn't a good mix, the same with Cole from the first two inFamous games as he's the 'Electric Man' so again, not the best combination. :p

That's always how I've rationalised it anyway. :)

Wait until the next inFamous game which will surely happen, I bet that we'll end up getting a character who has the power of water, maybe then you'll be able to swim in inFamous...

...but then you'd have to avoid anything electrical so it would still be a trade-off. :heh:

As a series inFamous fascinates me. : peace:

I love the games to bits, which is surprising as I'm not big on open world games. The original game has one of the best game endings I've had the pleasure of watching. The vampire DLC was also a great addition to the second game and I look forward to playing the First Light content.

I haven't played any of the series before this one but would gladly lap up a sequel.

His main power was based on smoke/fire so that and the water isn't a good mix, the same with Cole from the first two inFamous games as he's the 'Electric Man' so again, not the best combination. :p

I accidentally fell in the water before getting any powers and he still couldn't swim. He did moan about it being cold though. :awesome:

I had low expectations for this game and ended up getting Platinum, my first for the system :D

I love the games to bits, which is surprising as I'm not big on open world games. The original game has one of the best game endings I've had the pleasure of watching. The vampire DLC was also a great addition to the second game and I look forward to playing the First Light content.

Yeah, I really cannot get into open world games anymore. I'm not too sure what it is. Infamous is one of the few open world games that I absolutely take to. I think part of it is it feels a little like one massive Mario 64 level.

Bought this today, its decent enough at the minute. Is it worth keeping around for any DLC? I generally trade my games in when im done with them!

Bought this today, its decent enough at the minute. Is it worth keeping around for any DLC? I generally trade my games in when im done with them!

As far as I'm aware the First Light DLC digital game is a standalone product. I'm sure someone else who's more in the know can confirm or deny this though.

I started my evil run this afternoon. It's so much fun just blowing the hell out of everything and not worrying about civilians. :D

As far as I'm aware the First Light DLC digital game is a standalone product. I'm sure someone else who's more in the know can confirm or deny this though.

Oh yeah you are right

I played the game some more late last night and noticed that the dualshock light colour has changed to orange/red due to me being an evil SOB. Fantastic little touch. :bowdown:

I played the game some more late last night and noticed that the dualshock light colour has changed to orange/red due to me being an evil SOB. Fantastic little touch. :bowdown:

The way that the light colour is displayed on the pad does its a small bit of disservice, imo. It's almost a bit too subtle. I'd have loved it even more if the light was facing the person holding the controller a bit more. Where the back of the controller curves downwards (where the light and charging port/usb socket are), it might have been even better if that was curved the other way, so it faced the gamer holding it, maybe just appearing above the touch pad.

Although, aesthetically, it probably would have made the controller look "bulky" and a bit more ugly. Nevertheless, pretty lights, yaaay.

IM smashing through this at the minute, i must be about 50% through it. Great game so far :)

Europe is getting a retail release of a First Light on 10th September.

BttzjRZCUAM3FOF.png

I'll be getting this version as I prefer boxed goods over digital.

Started playing this, really enjoying it. I will say though, the game looks amazing when you play it, but looks awful in the cutscenes. The facial animation and such is so bad, bang in the uncanny valley. Weird as it it's usually the other way around. Though this the best way around, some of the effects are stunning!

Also. I want to be bad. I do. But when it comes to making the decisions I just can't do it.

Picked up a copy for 50p after trading in some games (mentioned in PS4 General Thread).