NEurope
Cube

inFamous: Second Son / First Light

So we play as Nix's husband? He looks a little generic but otherwise I'm pumped.

I enjoyed infamous so am quietly looking forward to this. Hope to see some actual gameplay soon :)

I like that fact that it had yesterdays date on all the camera feeds. Not very subtle, but still cool.

Unnff, at this. It's all I wanted.

secondson-16-7fps-290hhp6v.gif

I hope Cole turns up. Wouldn't be surprised if he does. I'd like to see Sucker Punch expand on the user content, too.

Lets not go there. :heh:

I guess another game with Cole an electrical powers would just be more of the same and it's nice that this is the same universe. I hope Sony push this like they did Uncharted last generation. It deserved more. Infamous 2 was a crap load better than Uncharted 3.

I jest.

This is exactly what I wanted from Sucker Punch - a similar kind of superhero game, but with a new character with different powers.

It also looks like accidentally walking through puddles won't kill any nearby civilians.

Given that Sucker Punch have always used the in-game engine for trailers and cut-scenes in their games (Sly, Infamous)... it's pretty exciting right!? :D

If I'd seen this in isolation I'd have assumed it was pre-rendered but with the other games shown (and Sucker Punch's history) this looks ingame and insanely gorgeous.

It also looks like accidentally walking through puddles won't kill any nearby civilians.

No more puddle kills. :(

No way in a million years is this rendered with the same engine you'll be playing it in. How is the difference not instantly obvious?

No way in a million years is this rendered with the same engine you'll be playing it in. How is the difference not instantly obvious?
Well that's what I thought, but then I remembered Sucker Punch always use the in game engine for everything in and out of their games, I remembered Killzone 4, and if you look at that GIF above that Daft posted, there's just something about that section of the footage that got me wondering.

What makes you think it isn't? (Real question, not sarcasm.)

One of the devs tweeted to cliffy b that it was all done in house and in engine.

i39SGfaDFe0ay.PNG

I'm an Infamous whore so fucking bring it on.

What makes you think it isn't? (Real question, not sarcasm.)

Actually, I'mma go ahead and eat my words there, during the livestream I thought it was nothing but a fully rendered video, but I went through and paused here and there looking for examples to back up my point and ended up finding evidence that maybe it is an in-game engine after all. I think the first section is separately rendered, the part with the overhead view of the car. Look at the guard on the right patting down a civilian, it's overly smooth, too much reaction in the person being checked.

Some of the particle effects seemed very tailored to the situation during the fight but that was probably just me being thrown off by the camera angle.

Tips to actually suggest that it's in game, to me, would be any unnaturally sharp bends (neck armour on the first armoured guard you see), hair being made of fairly flat shapes (part of the hair of the woman looking at the screens) and small details (character's bracelet) being made of minimal polygons.

So yea... that's the reason why I didn't think, and then went on to think, it was the in-game engine.

Its a tech demo. Not the game. Looked fantastic and i like the title Second Son. Clear Infamous reference before the logo even popped up confirming its a sequel. :awesome:

That was so 'FUCK!'... When you'd just saved one person from a mugging, or defibrillator'd a couple of people, only to not notice a puddle and in an instant wipe out the adoring crowd that had gathered.

It's nice to see everyone buzzing about this in here. A few podcasts (joystiq being one) seemed to think this wasn't a big enough title for launch but I think it's perfect and very ambitious. I've never understood why Infamous doesn't seem to be held up in that pantheon of great open world games certainly had more fun with both of them than I did with GTA 4.

I have Infamous 1 because of the PSN outage a couple of years ago and Infamous 2 in my download list from PS+, but I have yet to play either. (Well, I'm about an hour into I1.)

Which do you recommend I start with?