NEurope
Choze

Killzone Shadow Fall

Got Killzone all installed and updated. :)

Ready for some multiplayer with whoever is on and wants to play.

--------------------------------

Cheers for showing me the ropes Cookyman, I can definitely see myself playing more of the multiplayer, I should probably spend some time training against bots so I can get used to the maps etc as I really don't seem to be very good at it.

Really liking the mechanics though, weighty but with enough precision so that the action doesn't feel sluggish, it all plays out at a manageable enough pace which I like.

Edited by S.C.G

Once i've completed the game, shall join with some online action. May even get the season pass to add modes in at some point. Liking the game so far that's for sure.

The campaign is so hit and miss.

Very. I find the level design average and I wouldn't call any of the chapters epic or ones I want to repeat.

I'm up to chapter 7 and I will finish it but based on what I played so far and I see why the reviews were so hit and miss.

It just gets boring, killing a giant robot sentry thing gets tiresome after the third time. Im sure I'll complete it, it just doesn't keep you engaged like a certain tomb raider did with me, different games obvs.

It just gets boring, killing a giant robot sentry thing gets tiresome after the third time. Im sure I'll complete it, it just doesn't keep you engaged like a certain tomb raider did with me, different games obvs.

Oh fuck that level. OK cool I did it once......oh I get to do it again....oh and again? Fuuuuck off, that's just padding it its worst.

Oh ending blew as well.

Wow a lot of tweaks to the game incoming - the main one for me is in game chat. Absolutely loving the online though.

Player Voice Update: Response To The Top 15 Feedback Items

In last week’s Q&A with the devs we talked about some of the feedback we have received and are currently working on. To clarify what exactly we are doing with your feedback, here’s a list of the top 15 issues that the community has raised and their status.

In game voice chat [in development]

In game voice chat is currently in development. While the game was setup to allow users to speak with the parties they created and people they trust, you have indicated this does make teamwork among strangers more difficult. As team based gameplay is our main focus, we are currently working on this feature as a top priority. We are targeting the December update to have this functionality. It will automatically enable you to talk to your faction and will allow you to mute players (to retain that classic Killzone Shadow Fall feel ;).

Killzone 2 style proximity chat [not at the moment]

We feel that the in game voice chat and Multiplayer battle chatter (both in development) are the first set of in game voice improvements we want. We should revisit this feature if the community still wants it after they have been listening to the new voice enhancements.

Ranking system [in design]

Instead of an XP system, we currently add skill-based ranks based on the challenges you have completed. As the community has indicated it really would like to see a ranking system that also would show their progress as a player, we are currently designing a ranking system that celebrates this challenge progress and assigns players with rank names and accompanying icons.

Clan system [in design]

We are in the process of designing the clan system and it will be deployed in phases. It will be better suited for Shadow Fall’s team oriented, objectives based gameplay. We expect the first deployment to be early 2014.

Player scorecard split into teams [under consideration]

We are actively looking into ways to put this information in the most logical way possible for Shadow Fall’s gameplay. No final decision on an implementation has been made yet.

Customized Multiplayer Announcements [not yet, but…]

Adding customized multiplayer announcements is certainly an option, but we don’t want the game to get too noisy and distracting. As we will soon be releasing a new feature that lets you customize your Multiplayer battle chatter (“reviving”, “shield activated…” etc.), we will review this feature again after that customization of MP chatter is in the game, which is targeted to be part of the December update.

Hip firing [under investigation]

We are considering this and are currently gathering and studying our gameplay data on hip firing accuracy and whether it is working/not working as intended. We need to be very careful about tweaking the accuracy, as this could inadvertently unbalance the game in another direction. No final decision has been made yet.

Overpowered drones [under investigation]

Again, we are looking into the gameplay data for Air Support drones and turrets. No final decision yet.

In game party system [under consideration]

We rely on the PSN party system which works across all games. We are considering creating our own party-system to accommodate more ad hoc squad based play.

Sniper friendly map [coming soon]

As part of our free DLC, one of the first few maps being prepped for release has some long engagement distances that might help snipers suppress enemies and support their team. Of course, it is designed to have alternate routes that can help Supports and Assaults break the flank as well. Stay tuned for more news on our next map drop.

Ammo supply boxes showing up on the mini map [coming soon]

We’re not planning to have fixed ammo locations in the map, as the support class can place them anywhere in the map. However, we are working on ways to make these locations much more obvious on the radar.

Official Classic 24 player warzone [currently live]

We’ve created the warzone and it is live.

Display K/D ratio for everyone [not at the moment]

We do not think worrying about your deaths is the way to play Shadow Fall, and a lot of the community members actually enjoy our renewed focus on objectives and team based gameplay. That being said, all players have the ability to create Warzones with Kills and Deaths as Primary and Secondary sorting on the leaderboards.

Co-op mode to have playable Helghast [not at the moment]

Our team is currently working on the design of the co-op mode, and fine tuning the gameplay. Stay tuned for news on playable characters – we can’t confirm which characters you will play with at this time, but we can confirm you will not be playing as a Helghast.

Being able to identify my party members [in design]We are designing ways for you to identify your team members and party members. One of the things we have done is print names of party members in blue on the scoreboard and in game. We’ll keep a close eye on this to see if this adds more clarity to players.

Note that as the feedback below has become part of the development cycle, we will be closing these topics on PlayerVoice, so everyone gets their votes back for the next round of feedback.

You can create new ideas and vote on feedback for submission at http://feedback.killzone.com. We will update you about the top issues voted upon on a regular basis, and make them part of the development focus. This is an important step – you have the ability to vote and shape the game as you want.

We’d like to thank you for your suggestions and votes and will keep you posted on future updates!

Killzone Shadow Fall v1.07 Patch Is Out!

Killzone Shadow Fall patch v1.07 has been released! This update adds several new features and improvements based directly on the feedback you provided via the Killzone Player Voice system.

In a nutshell, here are some of the major features Patch 1.07 introduces:

◾Team-Based Voice Chat

Probably the most requested feature of all, team-based in-game voice chat has arrived for Killzone Shadow Fall. The voice chat system will detect if you’re speaking and start broadcasting automatically, no button presses necessary. You can choose to have the voice chat broadcasts play through your controller/headset, or play them through your TV/speakers. In addition, you have the ability to mute individual players or all voice chat broadcasts, and you can turn the voice chat system on or off in your Custom Warzones.

◾Color Blind Support

Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer now offers better support for players with color vision impairments. To activate color blind support, go to the Display section in the Options menu and choose from one of three settings.

◾Expanded Personalization Options

Patch 1.07 paves the way for further personalization of your multiplayer character – not just through automata skins and spotlight moves, but also through custom Voice Packs, which will be available from the PlayStation Store soon.

◾HUD/Radar Improvements

By popular demand, we’ve made the objective icon slightly larger and changed the image so that it becomes more visible to players. In multiplayer, party members are now shown in blue on the radar, and base camp turret locations are now indicated on the radar by icons.

These are just some of the highlights; patch 1.07 adds improvements and fixes throughout the game. For a full overview of all the changes, please visit the patch list posted in the community forums here.

We hope you enjoy the voice chat functionality and other features introduced by the patch! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and on the Killzone Player Voice feedback system, and keep an eye on Killzone.com for more exciting news about Killzone Shadow Fall!

2013-12-19_02_l

Anybody want to play this tonight? I'm totally loving the multiplayer!

You (or anyone) around to play later?

Fuck Yeah!

See you at 9!

1309.gif

Wonder if anybody else will join us?

Fuck Yeah!

See you at 9!

1309.gif

Wonder if anybody else will join us?

9 it is! See you in a bit.

Killzone anyone?

Sent you a cross game party chat invite ages ago!

facepalm-o.gif

Gave up and played some myself.

Edited by Cookyman

Aaaaaargh, I totally missed it. :\ My bad. Send me a message on Facebook next time if you like. It's annoying the Playstation App doesn't have push notifications.

Played this for a few hours at a friend's. The campaign is an analog of Crysis 3; not quite as pretty, but just as overwhelmingly boring. It's like they created a slideshow of 3D concept art for the player to walk through without much thought put into design for combat. I mean, for fuck's sake, your head isn't covered when you get behind the uniformly chest high walls. What the balls is that about?

Multiplayer was pretty good though. The analog sticks are way better than the PS3's.

I really do love the online on this. Been playing it since launch but today it absolutely clicked. Got kill streaks of 6 and 7 pretty regularly (uploaded a video onto PSN/Facebook for one of them).

I fuck LOVE the drop down assassination melee kill. It's so fucking satisfying.

The last match I snuck in round the back of the enemy base while they were defending their generator and no one noticed as I snapped three of their necks...then they noticed. :hehe:

So many new players today, too. They were running round like headless chickens.

The missile attachment comes in real useful for taking out air support, wish it locked on a little quicker though.

Actually, the online is brilliant. Haven't had this much fun since the Halo 3 Beta. I just hope they add in more game types to Warzone.

Edited by Daft

I really do love the online on this..

Couldn't agree more - the single player is ok as a tech demo but overall it's a bit meh. However the online is fantastic - where is the rest of our community though it's just seems to be me and Daft playing this.

Remember the free online event is nearly upon us so if you haven't got the game you can download the multiplayer now in preparation for the free trial which starts on the 28th.