NEurope
Choze

Killzone Shadow Fall

It reviews like every other Killzone game. Colour me surprised.

And thats what I wasnt hoping for.

I havent played the others but all my friends who have PS3 dont really say anything great about the series so was hoping this one might buck the trend and be a stormer but doesnt look like thats the case.

The multiplayer doesn't sound as good as 3 to me. I know most people on here preferred 2 but it was all about 3 for me. Sounds limited.

The multiplayer doesn't sound as good as 3 to me. I know most people on here preferred 2 but it was all about 3 for me. Sounds limited.

I couldn't agree more on Killzone 3 - the multiplayer was fantastic on it.

I think your way off on the multiplayer of Shadowfall however. Sounds limited?

Multiplayer is fully customisable, all weapons are unlocked it's not dependent on XP. There are 10 maps in the game and more are coming oh and the clincher is all DLC maps are free!

Sounds good to me! : peace:

So basically it's a game that looks amazing and plays fairly average.

The Killzone series in a nutshell.

I'm still getting it.

I couldn't agree more on Killzone 3 - the multiplayer was fantastic on it.

I think your way off on the multiplayer of Shadowfall however. Sounds limited?

Multiplayer is fully customisable, all weapons are unlocked it's not dependent on XP. There are 10 maps in the game and more are coming oh and the clincher is all DLC maps are free!

Sounds good to me! : peace:

Hmmmm sounds like whatever review I was reading had misinformation....

Does it have the story based multiplayer maps like Killzone 3 forget what mode that was called, operations or something?

Hmmmm sounds like whatever review I was reading had misinformation....

Does it have the story based multiplayer maps like Killzone 3 forget what mode that was called, operations or something?

Sadly no - they were great fun though.

Sadly no - they were great fun though.

Shame as they were superb. I remember pretty early on they announced there would be no more on KIllzone 3 even though more were originally planned.

Just pre ordered the Killzone bundle. It sounds pretty good, nothing special but then I didnt expect it to be. As long as it's visually impressive and I get some mileage out of the multiplayer, I'll be happy. Also they mentioned in that IGN review - free upcoming dlc? Very nice.

9904090714_8104995066.jpg

Today we’re excited to announce the season pass for Killzone Shadow Fall.

We’re pulling out all the stops for Killzone Shadow Fall’s multiplayer, and we already have several forms of downloadable content planned for extensive post-launch multiplayer support. In addition to new competitive multiplayer maps – which, as we mentioned before, will be released for free – we’re also working on paid expansion packs that will further enhance your online experience.

To help you save on the first six expansion packs, we’re introducing the Killzone Shadow Fall Season Pass. For just $19.99, you will receive access to the following packs as they become available:

Online co-op expansion pack

Focusing on team play and intense combat, the online co-op expansion pack adds a new co-operative game mode in which you and up to three online friends must survive against impossible odds. Fight waves upon waves of enemies in four new arena maps, featuring a unique leveling system and new unlocks.

Three online co-op map packs

Each map pack consists of two brand-new arena maps you can play in co-op mode with your friends. Please note that these arena maps will only work with the online co-op expansion pack.

Two additional multiplayer expansion packs

We’ll reveal more about these additional multiplayer expansion packs when Killzone Shadow Fall’s launch date nears. Suffice to say they’ll offer many hours of additional multiplayer thrills!

But that’s not all – if you get your Season Pass for day one of Killzone Shadow Fall, you will also receive access to an exclusive OWL combat drone skin and a unique Multiplayer Spotlight move. Take advantage of this excellent value deal to maximize your online experience!

Good to hear GG are listening!

rjiyrjn.png?1

9904090714_8104995066.jpg

Good to hear GG are listening!

rjiyrjn.png?1

So regular maps are free but all this coop stuff is behind a season pass? Nice that they are properly outlining what's in it. Hate it when they don't.

Yup Guerilla Games are deffo listening - good stuff.

24 player Team Deathmatch added to Killzone Shadow Fall

Guerrilla Games has updated Killzone Shadow Fall's Warzone playlist with a 24-player Team Deathmatch game-type.

The news comes via the official twitter account, which said," By popular request, we've added 24-player Team Deathmatch to the official Warzones. Give it a spin and let us know what you think!"

Because £50 for the game isn't enough. I don't like Season Passes.

See I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to this...

If they didn't originally budget for something in production or couldn't or decide they want to expand the scope beyond the original box product I have no problem with them charging extra in the form of a season pass. I feel like it's a more elegant solution then paying piece meal for DLC. Although like I said I feel the right way is to outline exactly what the content will be rather than saying "3 pieces of DLC"

It's a way of seeking alternative revenue streams outside of the conventional boxed product. If we compare to the movie industry that has cinema ticket sales, dvd sales, streaming deals and tv royalties. The video game industry is lacking in ways to continue to make money during their development cycle for their project. People don't think twice about forking out for special edition dvds that give them the full story of a movie through extras, deleted scenes etc...

Loving the fact all the games are being patched prior to the European release - thanks Yanks.

Killzone: Shadow Fall PS4 Patch Shoots Down Single Player Difficulty Problems

An uneven campaign that features too many scenarios where you're not simply gunning down Helghast has been a popular criticism of PlayStation 4 launch title Killzone: Shadow Fall. Thankfully, Guerrilla Games has its sights set firmly on your concerns, and has released a patch that puts an end to some of the single player's biggest problems based on player feedback.

Update v1.05 tweaks two problematic scenarios, hopefully allowing for a more enjoyable blood-soaked experience. For starters, the end section of Chapter 7, "Secure the Target", has been shortened. Even better is the fact that it's now easier to avoid smashing Lucas Kellan's face into the side of a crumbling building during Chapter 8, "Outcast", thanks to a raised collision ceiling.

There are also a few bug fixes peppered into the patch as well, It's great to see the developer already taking steps to reshape the shooter based on noted concerns, especially before the game's launch in Europe tomorrow.

General

•The controller options menu now offers support for left-handed players. Please note that this change only affects the analog sticks, not the shoulder buttons or the triggers.

•The end section of single-player campaign chapter 7, “Secure the Target”, has been shortened based on player feedback.

•In single-player campaign chapter 8, “Outcast”, the collision ceiling has been raised to allow players to fly over certain buildings, instead of crashing into them. This should result in less overall player deaths.

Bug Fixes

•Several UI issues fixed

•Error messages in Multiplayer amended to have better indication of the error

•Edge-case crashes related to friends lists fixed

•Additional integrity fixes for the patching system

In rare cases, patch 1.05 may not download and install automatically. If you’re one of the unlucky few, Guerrilla Games suggests rebooting your PS4 to begin the installation process. The integrity fix within patch 1.05 will prevent this error from happening again in the future.

Edited by Cookyman

Why doesnt my fucking halo/eve thing attack anyone. It fly's down to them and gets shot to shit. Am I meant to press something.

Why doesnt my fucking halo/eve thing attack anyone. It fly's down to them and gets shot to shit. Am I meant to press something.

I've not had that issue, i've pressed the touch-pad (nice feature i might add) to select "attack" and pressed "L1" whilst looking at the enemy, it attacks them no problem.

It shoots now, the first bit when you have to order it to kill two guards below it wouldn't shoot them so I had to rappel down and melee them, maybe the patch fixed that....

I've not had that issue, i've pressed the touch-pad (nice feature i might add) to select "attack" and pressed "L1" whilst looking at the enemy, it attacks them no problem.

I'm over all not that impressed with the use of the touchpad for things like this....it's essentially just being used as an extra set of buttons so to speak.

I've got it but have yet to even put the disc in the PS4 yet - due to Resogun being so brilliant :p - but I was possibly planning on at least trying it out later tonight so I woild be up for some multiplayer on it some time this week, most nights are good for me, particularly Tues/Wed/Thur/Sun but any other nights and I'm either too tired from work or it's too late by the time I get on.

But yes I would love to play some multiplayer Killzone at some point soon. :)

Off to the cinema at 6 but should be back home at 9. If I'm on shoot me a message/invite.

I'm over all not that impressed with the use of the touchpad for things like this....it's essentially just being used as an extra set of buttons so to speak.

It was slightly annoying to begin with, but i got used to it. It's exactly that, an extra D-pad.