NEurope
Choze

Killzone Shadow Fall

Yeah I thought the latest trailer looked pretty rough.

But the game sounds like it could be really great. Like you say a Goldeneye like structure would be amazing and make the game SOOOOOOO much more appealing than a corridor set piece shooter!

If that's the case I'll be very keen to give this a look. Haven't played the series before, and I'm kind of glad now!

This game looks immense, it reminded me of Halo which is what killzone was obviously intended to be a rival of,

when i get a PS4 this will be a day 1 purchase

Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It'll be gushing reviews for a shit game come launch time.

The multiplayer will probably be worth a look though.

kz4_owljdznf.gif

kz4_smokeivqkt.gif

ibmyL9jJhjC7IO.gif

You can disable alarms to stop reinforcements Goldeneye style. Seems like the route they are going down.

Edited by Choze

This game is looking so different that I think I'll skip the Vita game and make this my first proper Killzone experience.

This game is looking so different that I think I'll skip the Vita game and make this my first proper Killzone experience.

Seems like an ideal place to start seem as it's a "new" story. Mercenary is set during the same events as 2 and parts of 3 from what I understand.

It seems so weird how Goldeneye is used as point of reference are there really no more recent shooters that can be used a point of reference?

It seems so weird how Goldeneye is used as point of reference are there really no more recent shooters that can be used a point of reference?
The Goldeneye remake? :p

But yeah, shooters have got so linear!!

Well Goldeneye is that perfect balance between open world and corridor shooter. FPSs nowadays are pretty much one or the other with rare exceptions like Halo.

The Goldeneye remake? :p

But yeah, shooters have got so linear!!

Well Goldeneye is that perfect balance between open world and corridor shooter. FPSs nowadays are pretty much one or the other with rare exceptions like Halo.

Exactly it just beggars belief that Rare nailed it all of those years ago and no one has really managed to even get close. I just think they got it so right. Man I want to play it right now so bad! Hmmm....

But yeah good shout on Halo remember the first one was certainly like that dunno about the newer games in the series but assume they did.

Looks very pretty!

Which is very different considering KZ2&3 I remember just being very dark and grey with red eyes! ha.

Exactly it just beggars belief that Rare nailed it all of those years ago and no one has really managed to even get close. I just think they got it so right. Man I want to play it right now so bad! Hmmm....

But yeah good shout on Halo remember the first one was certainly like that dunno about the newer games in the series but assume they did.

I think alot of people will like Destiny :) I want to see more fps games do different things that other genres already do.

I hope we get a better preview of Killzone prior to launch. I like the boxart. Multiplayer lets see. Its got plenty of competition from Planetside 2 and Battlefield 3 anyhow.

Personally I'm not going to use the multiplayer, so it's all about the single player experience for me.

I'm not really bit on shooters, but this looks like it's doing something interesting and different :)

Oh, you'll play multiplayer with us. You'll play it and you'll love it.

Buying Killzone for the single player is a very interesting decision.

Buying Killzone for the single player is a very interesting decision.

That's what I did with 2 and 3. Although I did dabble with the 3rd games online mode and quite enjoyed it.

If this game is more Goldeneye then it won't be a strange decision. I don't go out and just buy Shooters, that's why I'm hoping this has something different to offer.

I'm sure I can be convinced to Multiplayer though as well! ;p

I've never understood why Killzone has been adopted as the posterboy for the Playstation platform. Killzone 2 is one the blandest game experiences I've ever sampled, while 5 consecutive minutes of Ratchet & Clank almost made me go home and smash my 360 with a hammer.

I think it's already evident that it won't be a Goldeneye. The actual shooting is so...flat. That's the best way I can describe it.

KZ2 online multiplayer was awesome! I remember many a good game online with peeps from here.

KZ3 just didn't quite live up to that for me online.

KZ2 online multiplayer was awesome! I remember many a good game online with peeps from here.

KZ3 just didn't quite live up to that for me online.

Yeah KZ2 is much better than KZ3. So many good memories from KZ2. We'll see multiplayer at gamescom i think. This would make a good launch game if its great. It's a given this will be a graphical showcase but I want that clever design element that KZ2 had. It seems like they are trying with more open ended missions in single player so far. Excited and hopeful.

Personally I have a feeling Planetside 2 could turn out to be a big multiplayer fps winner. Its already put me off BF3 and other fps on pc. Its very player centric unlike the current PS3 and PC fps free to play games. You dont need to spend a penny and its crazy fun. The scale is simply beyond anything and you really are in a massive war.

Destiny is introducing a new style to the mainstream with its Borderlands fps influences expanded. But i really hope its more than that. Cant wait to 'explore' and really build my own character/class. The RPG elements are excellent and Bungie have put a ton of effort in.

We are spoilt for fps. So in a way KZ needs to stand out as its going against the biggest heavy weights.