NEurope
Choze

Killzone Shadow Fall

I don't understand how people get lost or don't know what to do in single player. It's a pretty easy game.

This was on the previous page.

Guerrilla Reveals First DLC For Killzone: Shadow Fall

Since PlayStation 4’s launch this past November, gamers have been keeping themselves busy with the exclusive first-person shooter Killzone: Shadow Fall from Sony-owned Guerrilla Games. And now, those gamers will be able to spruce up their experience a little bit with some new multiplayer maps.

Following-up on a promise made this past summer, Guerrilla will release these new maps completely free of charge.

One of the two maps is called The Cruiser, “a close-to-mid range combat map set in the confines of a decommissioned ISA cruiser.”

11954686744_6bc35b6cf7_o-610x340.jpg

The other map is called The Hangar, “a wide-open map situated in the hangar bay of one of the Helghan’s humongous mining spires.”

11954542193_07f3c5a72f_o-610x340.jpg

Poria Torkan, Guerrilla Games’ Producer, further notes on the PlayStation Blog that the studio is “also working on the first DLC expansion pack for Killzone[:] Shadow Fall,” with more information available on that in the near future. Unfortunately, neither that expansion pack nor these two new maps have a release date as of yet.

We gave Killzone: Shadow Fall an 8.0 at launch. It’s the sixth Killzone game overall

Those don't really give much away. Are we really only getting 2?! new maps?

Those don't really give much away. Are we really only getting 2?! new maps?

2 new maps this time, more are coming.

Free DLC maps are rather yummy - me and another four peeps on my friend list all had a blast online.

It looks like there will be a minimum of 6 total DLC's for Killzone so loads of free map goodness to come!

85p for the game.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/killzone-shadowfall-0-85p-playstation-store-1844738

I aint got a PS4 yet but bought it via the webstore. It says in my download list that the game is 35GB so it seems to have worked. Some are saying it may just be tied to the free weekend or whatever it is but figured I would give it a shot for 85p. :D

@Shorty @Retro_Link may be interested in giving it a shot as well.

Edit: Never mind. Sony have fixed the glitch on the store now. Mines still in my download list though so hopefully I will have the full game when I get a PS4

Edited by Hero-of-Time

The game is currently 89p on PSN if anyone is interested. On my phone so can't leave a link but there's a gaf thread about it :)

If you haven't downloaded the free DLC maps yet please do so - they are both very very good.

Sounds good to me!

What time do you fancy? I might head on now.

Edit: Actually a little worn out tonight. Let's play soon, though.

Edited by Daft

Bloody hell - You've got to hand it to Guerrilla Games they certainly support their games here's another patch just out.

With the Insurgent Pack DLC set to be released for Killzone: Shadow Fall later today in North America, and tomorrow in Europe, Guerrilla Games has unleashed patch 1.12 for the game, which adds support for the content and a good host of fixes/additions.

First up, here’s everything that the patch added:

Added Support for the Insurgent Pack DLC

•Added support for the new Insurgent class

•Added support for 3 new abilities: Tactical Echo Emitter, Epulse Emitter, Guard Drone

•Added support for online collectibles during warzone matches

•Added support for Elite difficulty campaign mode (3 lives, no checkpoints to finish the entire game)

•Added support for 3 new weapons: M82 assault rifle, StA-14 rifle and LS12 SMG

•Added new challenges for the Insurgent Pack DLC

•Added 7 new Trophies for the Insurgent Pack DLC

Note: All of these features are only available if you buy the expansion pack or have a season pass

Added Connection Quality Indicator

•You can now view your connection quality in the scoreboard. Open it with the Touch Pad while in-game.

•You can also view your connection quality in the options menu. Press options and use R1 to switch to the connection tab.

•Finally, you can view your connection quality next to your name on the right side of the screen in the main multiplayer menu.

Added Class Distribution on the Spawn Screen

•You can now view the class distribution in the loadout section of the spawn screen.

And here’s all the single player bugs that the patch squashed, with detailed information included for each fix (SPOILERS ahead for all chapters):

Chapter 1 (The Father)

•After being killed near the beginning of the section (for example, by the guards entering the apartment, or by the flying drones while crouched under the debris), players could perform actions only available in later levels, such as sprinting, jumping, sliding and opening doors. They were then able to break progression by sliding into Sinclair or Kellan’s father and killing them, or alternatively by opening the door blocked by a plank.

Chapter 2 (The Shadow), Section 3

•After restarting the checkpoint, players were able to navigate to the armory and find the dropship console prematurely hackable. Hacking the console too early would result in the player falling out of the dropship during the end of the level cinematic. Restarting the section or checkpoint didn’t resolve the issue, requiring players to reselect the section from the menu in order to complete the chapter.

Chapter 7 (The Handler), Section 1

•Restarting the checkpoint would cause gravity to return, making players fall outside of the mission area. This would in turn trigger an automatic checkpoint restart and result in a death loop.

Chapter 7 (The Handler), Section 4

•After restarting section 4, players were unable to progress as the doors did not open, forcing them to quit.

Chapter 8 (The Dead), Section 4

•Section 4 wouldn’t stream if players continued the campaign during “We’ve Got Company” and restarted it. To continue, players had to restart the section from the chapter select option.

Chapter 9 (The Destroyer), Section 1

•Players returning to the checkpoint where they left off after blowing up the mobile scan unit would find it respawned. The bombs, however, were no longer available as they’d already been detonated.

Killzone Shadow Fall DLC: Insurgent Pack arrives

PS4 shooter multiplayer expansion launches, includes new class, weapons, modes and more

Killzone Shadow Fall players can access the new multiplayer expansion, the Insurgent Pack, from today, 1 April, in the US, and tomorrow in Europe. The add-on is priced $9.99/£7.99/€9.99, although Season Pass holders will be able to download the new content at no additional cost. The Insurgent Pack introduces a new multiplayer character class, Insurgent, as well as new weapons, game modes, and more. Full list of Insurgent Pack contents after the DLC trailer.

Insurgent Pack contents:

Insurgent character class

Insurgent abilities Steal: The Insurgent starts out with only a pistol, but his ‘Steal’ ability allows him to swipe weapons and abilities from downed enemies. The use of stolen abilities is limited, but the Insurgent can continue to use stolen weapons throughout the game – even if he falls in combat. Stolen abilities are l

Hack ability: By using the ‘Hack’ ability, the Insurgent can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, swiftly turning the tide of battle.

New abilities for Assault, Support, and Scout classes E-Pulse Emitter: A deployable beacon for the Assault class that sends out an E-Pulse, making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area.

Tactical Echo Emitter: A deployable beacon for the Support class that sends out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location, making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units.

Guard Drone: A stationary buddy drone for the Scout class – deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.

New weapons for Assault, Support, and Scout classes M82: The legendary ISA assault rifle makes a triumphant return for the Support!

StA-14: A sturdy Helghast battle rifle for the long-range combat arsenal of the Scout.

LS12 SMG Pistol: Also known as the M66, this sidearm for the Assault packs considerable punch.

New game modes Campaign Elite Mode: The nightmarish difficulty of the Elite Mode will test even the hardest of warriors. Can you beat Killzone Shadow Fall’s single player campaign on the hardest difficulty level with only three lives?

Multiplayer Collectibles Mode: Insurgent Pack owners can hunt for online collectible crates during matches to earn points and win in-game rewards!

New Trophies: 5x Bronze, 1x Silver, 1x Gold

Insurgent Personalization Pack: 3x Spotlight Moves, 1x Voice Pack, 1x OWL Skin

Nice. Not played this for a while. Kind of wish their DLC release scheduled had been a little tighter because I've kind of lost interest a little.

I don't really understand what the new Collectables Mode is.

I don't really understand what the new Collectables Mode is.

Multiplayer Collectibles Mode: Insurgent Pack owners can hunt for online collectible crates during matches to earn points and win in-game rewards!

online collectable box

Killzone - the game that keeps on giving!

Killzone: Shadow Fall will receive a brand new official game mode in the form of King of the Hill, which introduces some key changes to the regular warzones seen in the PS4 game to promote hectic competition this Friday, April 18.

Killzone: Shadow Fall launched alongside the PlayStation 4 in November of last year and developer Guerrilla Games has made sure to support it via many different patches, not to mention plenty of DLC. Some have been free, while others, like the Insurgent pack, have been available for a fee.

Now, a brand new warzone has just been confirmed by Guerrilla Games, in the form of King of the Hill.

Quite a few major changes have been made to set this warzone apart, so check them out below via the official blog.

16 Player Limit – The community has requested strongly for 16 player battles. The new rules are designed for 16 player Capture & Move with 15 minutes per map.

Shorter respawn time – In order to make the competition heated, the respawn time is reduced.

Point limit – The points needed to capture the location have been increased from 100 to 250, making it the gritty uphill battle you’ve always wanted from Killzone.

The new warzone will be highlighted when you enter the Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer on PS4 starting this Friday, April 18.

Shock, horror - another update.

New free DLC maps coming soon then!

Download-Now-Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Update-1-14-to-Reduce-Multiplayer-Blur.jpg

Sony and Guerrilla Games have just released a brand new patch for Killzone: Shadow Fall on the PlayStation 4 platform, taking it to version 1.14 and bringing a variety of bug fixes and tweaks, not to mention reduced blur for multiplayer, support for an upcoming DLC map, and more.

Killzone: Shadow Fall appeared back in November of last year, right alongside the PS4, and since then quite a few different patches have been released by developer Guerrilla Games and publisher Sony.

The game has just received another fresh update, this time in the form of patch 1.14, which brings quite a few major improvements.

According to the changelog image above, via NeoGAF, the new update brings support for an upcoming DLC map, while reworking the combat log, reducing the blur in multiplayer, and lowering the requirements for certain challenges.

Players can finally switch factions in multiplayer when the teams are unbalanced, and several controller configurations have been added, not to mention a variety of tweaks and bug fixes for the whole game.

The patch weighs in at around 1GB and is already available for download via the PlayStation Network for the PS4. Expect to hear some official announcement in the following hours from Guerrilla Games.

New free map is on PS Store and it's a cracker!

Also there's a major announcement this Friday!

Jetpacks coming to Killzone Shadow Fall

Revealed via Twitter, a short vine video shows that there will be jetpacks coming to Killzone Shadow Fall. The 6 second video shows the player looking down, switching from gun to jetpack, then they jump in the air and begin flying. There were jetpacks implemented into Killzone 3. The return of the jetpack seems to be well received. (Killzone: Shadow Fall, PS4)

Exciting!

With this week's free DLC release out of the way, Guerrilla now plans on making an announcement of some sort this Friday, May 16. A tweet sent out by Guerrilla reads, "We are ready, how about you? #Killzone #SomethingNew #Jetpack," along with a short Vine video that appears to show a jetpack being used in the game. Jetpacks and exoskeletons were both left out of the game's multiplayer at launch.

"Their inclusion would introduce a wide number of new variables and exceptions to account for, and we want to focus on offering fair, reliable and consistent Warzone customizability," read an explanation from Guerrilla's Victor Zuylen last September.

It now looks as if Guerrilla has managed to get jetpacks working in a way it feels comfortable with. We should find out more about the particulars later this week.

Shadow Fall was released alongside the PS4 last November and by January had sold over 2 million units, which, at the time, represented nearly half of PS4 owners in the world.

Anybody else tried this yet - it's a brill map and its FREE!

Hmm I seem to be the only person posting on this thread - what's up with that?

This looks like fun!

Looks like the Season Pass was well worth the money.

However since I'm the only person who posts on here - I guess I won't be playing with you lot.

readbetweenthelinesLOGO.gif

Killzone Shadow Fall Gets Online Co-op with Intercept Expansion

14191713931_b5355db2eb_z.jpg

Today we’re pleased to announce Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept, an expansion for Killzone Shadow Fall. Slated for a June release, this pack adds a brand new, four-player online co-op mode to the game.

Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept places you and up to three of your friends on the elite VSA team known as Intelligence Squad Alpha. Operating behind enemy lines, your team is on a mission to intercept and relay Helghast military transmissions back to VSA headquarters.

To succeed, you’ll need to keep Helghast interlopers at bay long enough to establish a Hacking Uplink and transmit the data. Thankfully, the members of your team have all been trained in unique Combat Roles — from close-quarters Assault and mid-to-long range Marksman roles to supportive Medic and Tactician roles.

To successfully fend off the enemy and transmit the intel back to HQ, teamwork is absolutely essential. Your Team Score indicates how close you are to establishing a Hacking Uplink; increase it by defending your Uplinks from Helghast capture attempts, or by “banking” the Personal Score you’ve accumulated from kills, ability uses, and recaptures. You can even earn bonuses such as artillery strikes and jetpacks!

Always be on your guard, though: if you lose an Uplink to the enemy or have to respawn after critical injury, your Team Score will incur a penalty. If all members of your team are dead and your Team Score is too low to allow respawning, the mission is a failure.

14194956194_8da0ea7870.jpg14008362158_e7498ea48a.jpg

14215162343_3127ec76c4.jpg14008418107_c02176b829.jpg

Just like the members of Intelligence Squad Alpha, the AI-controlled Helghast enemies in Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept have their own sets of goals and Combat Roles. They will switch up tactics and angles of attack when they capture an Uplink, so you’ll need to adapt your defense strategy accordingly. On top of that, the enemy can call on special Helghast champions with unique abilities, based on key characters from the Shadow Fall single-player campaign. Expect to go up against some very familiar faces…

Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept comes with four arena maps inspired by locations from the single-player campaign, and it launches this June. It will be available for free for Season Pass holders. A standalone version of the co-op experience will also be available later this year.

14171863096_a7d0bf2954_z.jpg

8ufzh.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

This looks like fun!

Looks like the Season Pass was well worth the money.

However since I'm the only person who posts on here - I guess I won't be playing with you lot.

readbetweenthelinesLOGO.gif

[/center]

I'll dig in further in the summer once I have time in June. Really busy right now.

They are doing a great job so far. Free maps are a superb way tio support the game and users :)

BOOMSHAKALAKA!

This looks fucking awesome too bad only me and @Daft play the game online and have season passes (ridiculously good value for money).

9h215.jpg

Edited by Cookyman