NEurope
Choze

Killzone Shadow Fall

KZ2 online multiplayer was awesome! I remember many a good game online with peeps from here.

KZ3 just didn't quite live up to that for me online.

How can you forget it was a KZ3 session that gave birth to 30 Minute Gamers?!

I was certainly better at 3 than 2 and I think that's why it stuck with me more in multiplayer.

How can you forget it was a KZ3 session that gave birth to 30 Minute Gamers?!

I was certainly better at 3 than 2 and I think that's why it stuck with me more in multiplayer.

Clearly I have a memory like a sieve!

I just remember playing the second a lot more online compared with the third.

You can customise the skin for the OWL.

https://twitter.com/killzone

9zu1e0.png

proxy.jpg?t=HBgtaHR0cDovL3N0YXRpYy5vdy5seS9waG90b3Mvb3JpZ2luYWwvMndOT3UuanBnFJADFKwCABYAEgA&s=NC7Ag53AS8ZEj_3S8zbzHoHV8ulTmAg_wiKaksIBpv4

No answer in regards to custom skins in multplayer but at least that 8GB of GDDR5 is being put to good use lol. :D

There is also a new article on killzone.com :http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/blog/news/2013-07-03_sta-55.html

Regarding the Sta55 Assault Rifle. Successor to the Sta 52. Types of attachments are mentioned. This is a change form previous Killzone games. Full details in the link.

kzsf_in_2013-07-03_StA-55_01.jpg

Edited by Choze

Teh grafix.

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/blog/news/2013-07-09_sinclair-echo-actors-revealed.html

To bring these two key characters to life, we are very pleased to have secured the amazing talents of David Harewood, who plays Sinclair, and Jamie Gray Hyder, who has taken on the role of Echo. David is a British actor best known for his role as that other intelligence agency director - David Estes, the deputy director of the CIA's Counterterrorism Center, in the critically acclaimed television series Homeland. Jamie is a young American actress known for her breakout role as the werewolf Danielle on the award-winning television series True Blood.

kzsf_ne_2013-07-09_sinclair-echo-actors-revealed_01.png

5phsbt.jpg

4uwsab.jpg

7scswt.jpg

7scswt.jpg

15osbm.jpg

2afsfp.jpg

Might be the first shooter i've bought for the single player since Perfect Dark (well technically PD:zero but i'd rather forget that)

i miss onld FPS games where the levels weren't quite so linear

Not exactly new features for fps but after the last gen and even many pc fps these are hugely welcome!

High quality downloadable trailer (Not Youtube!) http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/home.html

Bolded the new stuff!

We’re thrilled to finally be able to show you Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer! We’ll go into details about the game’s exciting multiplayer features in a moment but first, have a look at our brand-new GamesCom multiplayer trailer to get a taste of the action.

Just like in the single player campaign, Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer gives you the freedom to play the game exactly how you want. Using the new customizable Warzone features demonstrated in the trailer, you can pick the number of players (4-24), rules, mission modes, classes, abilities and weapons you want to allow in a match, then save these choices as a preset to share with the rest of the Shadow Fall community.

With an ever-evolving selection of Warzone presets, you’ll have no trouble finding fresh and challenging online matches in Killzone: Shadow Fall. In addition, the community team will regularly highlight interesting new Warzone presets and introduce new options to customize and play with by means of expansion packs.

That’s not all, of course – we’ve worked hard to make sure Killzone: Shadow Fall will be a fun, competitive multiplayer experience that’s easy to get into, but difficult to master. There are now eight different rotating mission modes, four of which are new to Killzone: Shadow Fall. The game has three classes with unique abilities and 22 different weapons – all unlocked from the get-go, so you can determine for yourself how and in which order you want to specialize.

We’ve also redesigned our progression system to work with challenges rather than XP. There are over 1500 increasingly difficult challenges to complete in Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to prove your skills and collect rewards. To increase longevity even further, we plan to continue support for the title well after launch – and yes, DLC multiplayer maps will be released free of charge to ensure everyone can play.

We hope you’re as excited about Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer as we are. In the coming weeks we’ll release more details about the multiplayer features on Killzone.com and the PlayStation Blog. In the meantime, have another look at the multiplayer trailer, and check out the screenshots in the gallery below!

kzsf_ss_2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer_01.jpg

kzsf_ss_2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer_02.jpg

kzsf_ss_2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer_03.jpg

kzsf_ss_2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer_04.jpg

kzsf_ss_2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer_05.jpg

kzsf_ss_2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer_06.jpg

kzsf_ss_2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer_07.jpg

kzsf_ss_2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer_08.jpg

kzsf_ss_2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer_09.jpg

I fear the little robot companions will screw multiplayer balance like it did in KZ3. There has always been too many pissing turrets and niggling things that can chip away at your health when playing online.

I fear the little robot companions will screw multiplayer balance like it did in KZ3. There has always been too many pissing turrets and niggling things that can chip away at your health when playing online.

The good news is worst come to worse they can be disabled. I hope they can also be powered down or up too. Kz2 had the perfect balance though before they buffed them.

I am excited for this over Mercenary as it looks much more complete. they nailed the feel in Mercenary though.

Edited by Choze

Now this is good news.

From IGN

Gamescom: Killzone: Shadow Fall’s DLC Maps Will Be Free

Expansions at no cost.

by Colin Moriarty

August 21, 2013

Today, during a behind-closed-doors presentation for Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer functionality, Guerrilla Games confirmed that the Sony-owned developer has “extensive plans” to support Shadow Fall post-release. That means that the company will unleash a slew of new maps after it launches, and all of these maps will be available completely free of charge.

Killzone: Shadow Fall will launch on PlayStation 4 with 10 multiplayer maps in total, and it’s unclear when new maps will begin to join the roster. Guerrilla Games did note that it already has part of its team working on expansions for Shadow Fall, indicating that DLC maps may be available for the game sooner rather than later.

As you likely already know, Killzone: Shadow Fall is a PlayStation 4 launch title. With word that PS4 will launch in North America on November 15th and in Europe (and in over a couple of dozen other countries) on November 29th, you’ll start playing Shadow Fall in about two and a half months. In the meantime, keep a close eye on IGN for extensive impressions of Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer.

Looks like the multiplayer is going to be 60fps.

Sexy character models and single player screens.

index-fig-2-16.jpg

index-fig-2-17.jpg

index-fig-2-023muc6.jpg

index-fig-2-058nu89.jpg

index-fig-2-13jnuqv.jpg

index-fig-2-1491un5.jpg

index-fig-2-1556ufw.jpg

That's actually...pretty smart having the single play in 30fps and the multiplayer in 60fps. I wonder how it will feel switching between them.

That's actually...pretty smart having the single play in 30fps and the multiplayer in 60fps. I wonder how it will feel switching between them.

Bear in mind they are targeting 60 not a fixed 60. So its not the same thing. The fact its 1080p and got a decent framerate makes it oneof the showcase games for the system. COD PS3 games arent a perfect 60 in multiplayer either as they drop quite alot sometimes below 30.

So far everything sounds great about the game and they really seem to be putting a ton of effort in. I like the sound of multiplayer so far. The custom games thing solves my biggest complaint of KZ3(and mercenary) which was customising public games. This is very much like the server list system in KZ2.

Yeah the custom multiplayer stuff could make this game the absolute tits - no more cloaking or overpowered C4 ftw. Would like them get a bit more inventive with the weaponry (i.e. more stuff like the bolt gun).

They extended it to assault rifle users too in the third one, shambolic design if you ask me.

Doorway campers are 24 carat twats.

I've noticed there are invisible bastards in Mercenaries. Just stop with the fucking invisibility. It's probably the closest perk to trolling ever.

Yeah the custom multiplayer stuff could make this game the absolute tits - no more cloaking or overpowered C4 ftw. Would like them get a bit more inventive with the weaponry (i.e. more stuff like the bolt gun).

C4 in Mercenaries emits a large blinking red light and loud beeps now. The sutomisation was a big deal in KZ2 we turned stuff off always.

Here is several minutes of gameplay.

The compressed youtube vid ruins it but it is very nice looking. So here is a normal quality download at 1gb.

https://mega.co.nz/#!VtlCRDaL!T9VUfnQDsulcBt3usnnkU1_qNCAkS1xTeHdtKYhs2tA

Edited by Choze

Interesting way to do things. I really like that all the maps for Warzone are free for the main multiplayer :) Very different approach to other disk games where maps divide the players. I wonder what the other dlc is besides customisation.

I still would prefer 32 players. But the game was fun at eurogamer. Rough demo but fun.

I should mention the teamplay was top notch. People actually gave a damn about the objectives at eurogamer lol. towards the end of the rounds you get the trademark desperation attempts. The way the game emphasises objectives is excellent. You also have more visual colours etc. showing this. A good example being zones now have a holo circle and light up in the area rather than your hud. Abilities are a ton of fun. They were singificantly changed compared to KZ3 but felt more balanced. They had ziplines to shields, remote bombs to stealth etc. All of which can be shut off. These should lead tons of great custom game types.

Probably the best looking game at the show. It wasnt fully 60fps. So the up to 60 fps is probably accurate as it was pretty variable. Crysis 3 PC wasnt too far away from the booth for a comparison. I would say KZSF beats it nicely with maybe some minor texture weaknesses. Aiming was trickier than the other fps at the show but way more satisfying. The guns all felt different. Movement was good and aiming felt nice and weighty. Spawning was in your team base mostly unlike the other fps (titanfall, bf4).

Probably missing some stuff impressions wise but yeah it was top notch. Definite buy for me.