NEurope
Choze

Killzone Shadow Fall

Updating

Inagme demo:

In game graphics. Launch title. Set to 1080p and enjoy.

ibkLh2II7UZlqe.gif

iSylqprP2LVet.gif

icY0iBxWbyFDX.jpg

ibeNWvgEaHtcCO.jpg

i5M3K9ZQvYcq3.jpg

ibzwdrMeMRcums.jpg

ibykP0UTwfpxCY.jpg

ipgmFeu53Ty7w.jpg

ibjYbu5mTYmMlU.jpg

i1Wb93gU9EpDo.jpg

iblg9DfJVkeL5J.jpg

iuZtyonEYUV9r.jpg

Edited by Choze

The general story for this makes me excited. The graphics are insane. The reflections and lighting, and the water. Youch.

'Launch title' or 'launch window'?

we all know a launch window can be anywhere from 6-12 months after the consoles *Nintendo 4240826.jpg

Can't believe people last night saying that this looked anything less than stunning. Look at that gif of the ship going through the building with the player using the sidearm and tell me anything we have on consoles right now that gets anywhere near that.

Can't believe people last night saying that this looked anything less than stunning.

I think it's only PC and Nintendo fanboys who say that. *ignites the fire*

Never played any Killzone game, probably won't play this one. Still looks amazing.

Was that Matthew MacFadyen doing the voiceover in the trailer? Sounded a bit like him....

Can't believe people last night saying that this looked anything less than stunning. Look at that gif of the ship going through the building with the player using the sidearm and tell me anything we have on consoles right now that gets anywhere near that.

And it also looked unfinished in some ways (various textures, some animation problems), which does suggest that they've learnt their lesson and this is actual gameplay.

Serebii is right. My Sega Game Gear could do those graphics. This is disappointing. It'll ruin the industry.

Looked technically impressive, but the animations were still stiff as fuck. I hope that's something the next generation goes some way to addressing, because the disparity between how realistic characters look and the verisimilitude of their movements is going to be a sticking point.

Looked technically impressive, but the animations were still stiff as fuck. I hope that's something the next generation goes some way to addressing, because the disparity between how realistic characters look and the verisimilitude of their movements is going to be a sticking point.

Its clearly early. It doesnt match up to KZ2 or 3's awesome animations which are some of the best in gaming. Some of the graphical effects are also rough PS3 looking. Even the shooting mechanics looked not ready. The cover mechanic is there and I like that it was emphasized much like KZ2.

I am much more impressed with this gameplay demo than say Halo 3's cutscene reveal or KZ2's CG. They could have also gone the cutscene tech demo route like most devs did at this conference but they didnt.

The game is set in a near future, 30 years after the events of Killzone 3. The world is a very different place; two rival factions known as the Helghast and the Vektans live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall.

Tensions are high, and the cold war they are embroiled in is about to go hot. In the midst of this all stands a Shadow Marshal, you. The most special of the special forces, tasked with maintaining the delicate balance.

From responding to bold attacks, to quiet infiltrations or all out combat, you will be required to adapt and think on your feet as you have to face a variety of escalating events that could destroy your home world.

I like the sound of the synopsis, much better than the invading-because-cunts basis for the other two. Sounds like the direction KZ Mercenaries is going with different ways to take on missions.

Edited by Daft

lol 'near-future'.

Like the sound of the plot though, makes me feel less concerned about having not played the series before. It's design didn't really interest me before, but I loved the change in the feel for the series in yesterdays footage.

The game does indeed look pretty good, how people can not notice a massive leap between current gen and this is beyond me. They were still utilising a little bit of bloom, but the brown was gone and only used in times were it's actually justified, and that was during the blast scene.

This is the only demo I'm inclined to believe out of all of that was shown, mainly because the PS3 Killzone tech demo was pretty faithful to the final product(aside from the texture quality, which I have no means to compare thanks to low definition quality video).

Still going to wait on the demo's around E3 before I believe too much.

Stolen from gaf - Killzone Shadowfall Demo Developed With Less Capable Hardware Than Actual PS4 #1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-spec-analysis-playstation-4

The official specs are in for the PlayStation 4 and what we have is, by and large, confirmation of existing DigitalFoundry stories - with one outstanding, exciting exception. At the PlayStation Meeting yesterday, Sony revealed that its new console ships with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, not the 4GB we previously reported. It was a pleasant surprise not just for us, but also for many game developers out there working on PS4 titles now and completely unaware of the upgrade - a final flourish to the design seemingly added in at the last moment to make PlayStation 4 the most technologically advanced games console of the next gaming era.

---

might of been done with 4gb of ram in mind.

qabcHLe.png

Naughty Dog weren't aware of it so there's a more than solid chance this was made targeting 4GB of RAM. All games could do with more volumetric fog and smoke.

Maybe they reserve a lot of ram for their social stuff and gaikai etc, so told devs to program for 4GB. 4GB for that would be a bit much though...

This is a launch title supposedly. Same goes for Drive Club. I added the highest quality In game footage yet in the first post.

Set it to 1080p.

Definitely a massive leap ahead from current consoles. Despite some slight anti-aliasing problems and some imperfections in explosive effects, the game looks absolutely gorgeous. It'd be very easy for me to lose myself and not notice that stuff while playing the game

You've got to be fucking barmy if you believe that there is not much improvement here.

It's a bit disappointing when completely negative people are in chats and you know they are trying to hate :hmm: A few people just said bad things about everything.

But yeah, agreed that the lighting is absolutely gorgeous. I know this gen Sony put a huge amount of research and time (guerrilla and naughty dog in particular) into lighting and weather effects like water and snow, and it paid off. Uncharted 2 had such good rain and killzone's oceans too. PS4 has a head start, so a launch game with lighting like this is not too surprising, still glorious though :)

It really does make all the difference watching it being played by someone who isn't a thickshit, in 1080p.

My laptop can't even run that video in 1080p.

BRB just going to pop out and buy 8GB of DDR5 RAM.

I would like a nice high bitrate 1080p movie rather than the youtube one. Put it up on the PS store or something.