NEurope
Retro_Link

Battlefield 4

Starting playing the single player mode the other day.

I'm stuck on the part with the tanks. Any advice how to get past this part? My tank doesn't seem to last long against them. Are you supposed to go on foot?

The only advice for the single player is to not play the single player, it's poop from a butt.

As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any good first person war campaigns since CoD4. BF's single player is insultingly poor.

Man I missed BF! I'm loving this game so much, getting much better at it too, albeit I'm still a noob at piloting.

I'll have a bit of a break from it with Destiny being released but I'll still find time to pop it on and get my fix I think.

So glad I got it after it had been patched out. The game is fantastic, so much fun!

Yeah its been an absolute pleasure so far! Its also weird that the PS4 version is just like the pc game.

Double xp weekend for premium owners right now. Loving it. Busy unlocking stuff. But the grinding here is so fun. Great game. Definately should have been polished more at launch.

Also whats up with Battlefield: Hardline? Is that even a game?

Anyone else tried this since the new big patch was released, it runs so smooth now, even for the people who have just got it after most of it was fixed you'll notice a difference.

Anyone else tried this since the new big patch was released, it runs so smooth now, even for the people who have just got it after most of it was fixed you'll notice a difference.

I'll look forward to popping it on again then! It'll be next week but if you and anyone else fancies a big Battlefield night sometime I'll be up for that... @Blade, @Fierce_LiNk, @Cookyman, @Choze?

Deffo's!!!

Helicopters seem a little easier to fly now, not sure why, but if you kept on crashing a choppa full of friendlies into the ground it might be a little easier.

I'm actually getting alright at flying the helicopters, I've won a few aerial battles now, if it seems easier I'm looking forward to giving it another go.

Well practice makes perfect as they say. Crashing is all part of practice.

Yeah they improved the framerate on all versions. Its consistently more smooth and norubberbanding from the early days (alpha/launch period). Lots of things have changed, aiming is different and its now practical to use silencers etc. Good stuff :)

You can get Battlefield 4 premium for a measly £10.70, go to the PlayStation store on the web and choose the ps3 version, you don't need to own the ps3 version, buy it will be available ton download on your ps4, this premium pack is normally worth 40 quid. Get on it battlefielders.

You can get Battlefield 4 premium for a measly £10.70, go to the PlayStation store on the web and choose the ps3 version, you don't need to own the ps3 version, buy it will be available ton download on your ps4, this premium pack is normally worth 40 quid. Get on it battlefielders.

Good shout!

But what is it? What do you get?

5 expansion packs, each pack has 4 maps in it. Plus you get camos, paint, new weapons, dog tags, battle packs.

Oh i got the Ps4 version but its backwards compatible with PS3.

Definately a great deal. Premium is superb value for money. Great maps in many cases. 4 most played BF3 maps as well. 20 maps overall with extra game modes. Game still isnt perfect and has some bugs but its way better than before. Quite fun to play. Shame its running at 900p.

@Sexual Chocolate @Choze..? Any one else too if you fancy it? @lostmario if you fancy getting it off your brother and joining? :p

Edited by Kav

@Sexual Chocolate @Choze..? Any one else too if you fancy it? @lostmario if you fancy getting it off your brother and joining? :p

Kav and I had a blast on this last night! So much fun! At the beginning I was a tad overwhelmed as to what was going on. There were tanks on the ground, choopers and planes above, I was being sniped and then gunned down :D

Amazing stuff. Anyone who prefers shitty PvP Destiny over this is mad!

Anyway would be good to get a group together at some point. I'm looking forward to playing it again.

FREE MAP ALERT *** FREE MAP ALERT *** FREE MAP ALERT *** FREE MAP ALERT ***

Battlefield 4, a game that released exactly two years ago tomorrow, is still being supported by developers DICE, in the way of a new 4GB patch on the PlayStation 4. This includes a plethora of tweaks and changes to vehicles, with ground vehicles given better mobility and countermeasures, air vehicles now having below radar support and improved countermeasures, and various other vehicle weapon balances. Most notably, the Mobile Anti-Air has had its effective range nerfed, meaning that it'll have to foray further into the battlefield in order to be effective, while the Attack Boat has had its damage, speed, reload time, and blast radius improved.

Of course, the patch also includes plenty of bug fixes, server, and netcode improvements as well.

Also coming out in the update – though you'll have to download it off of the PlayStation Store – is Community Operations, which contains the Operation Outbreak map, which was created with the Community Map Project that DICE launched earlier this year. It's set in an Indonesian jungle, and is a medium-sized map with highly destructible terrain, with five key locations – the Medical Facility, the Temple, the Ghost Town, the Fishing Village, and the Palm Oil Plantation. The map weighs in at 2.7GB.

It's cool that DICE is still updating and supporting a game that didn't have the best launch, but it seems a little weird that the company's not fully concentrating on Mirror's Edge Catalyst and Star Wars: Battlefront now. Then again, 560 people do work at the Swedish studio.

So you agree with these changes? Do you like Operation Outbreak? Fire some shots in the comments below.

Edited by Cookyman

Popped this on last night after an age of not having played... man I LOVE this game so much! Easily my favourite multiplayer game!

It's made me even more excited for Battlefront! :D

Popped this on last night after an age of not having played... man I LOVE this game so much! Easily my favourite multiplayer game!

It's made me even more excited for Battlefront! :D

It's quality. I play every couple of months and get really into it, such a great game. Can't believe it's almost 2 years old!

And the fact they still release massive patches and updates for it is more outstanding for a game two years old.

And the fact they still release massive patches and updates for it is more outstanding for a game two years old.

Shame it took them about 6 months to make the game playable in the first place though. :p