NEurope
Kaepora_Gaebora

Mario Golf World Tour

Oh yes!

At work so unable to put any videos up etc, but the N64 game ranks amongst my favourite games ever, still play it to this day!

More excited for this than a 27 year old man should be, roll on summer 2013!

:D

Absolutely gutted this isn't on Wii U!

Wiimote controls, and the courses could look SO beautiful!

Edited by Retro_Link

As with Mario Tennis Open, here is a game perfectly suited for the Wii Remote and yet they decide to bring it out on 3DS ::shrug:

It doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me but I'll probably be interested if it turns out to be anywhere near as good as Mario Golf on N64 :hehe:

As with Mario Tennis Open, here is a game perfectly suited for the Wii Remote and yet they decide to bring it out on 3DS ::shrug:

It doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me but I'll probably be interested if it turns out to be anywhere near as good as Mario Golf on N64 :hehe:

Why not. It’s a good addition to the 3DS library.

Yeah I agree to an extent, just happy to be getting more Mario Golf but a Wii U version would have been nice, very nice actually, Toadstool Tour is still a staple of drunken nights in (and out) with my mates, so an update is due! Perhaps a Wii U version is in the works too, with connectivity with this one...what dreams may come!

My only concern is that it doesn't follow the formula of Mario Tennis 3DS, which as much as I enjoyed it was a very shallow experience, I found I traded it in far too early than I would have liked, so I hope there is some sort of RPG mode to lengthen the experience. But who am I kidding, I would buy it for £39.99 if it was just one course and Mario the only playable character...

Why not. It’s a good addition to the 3DS library.

It would have been a great addition to the Wii library when there was nothing else to play ;)

From how soon this is out and the trailer, it looks like this also lacks the RPG mode it should have.

I wonder if it'll be as bare bones as Mario Tennis was.

Like the other posters, I also think this is really weird that they're not brining it out on the Wii U instead.

Absolutely gutted this isn't on Wii U!

You think you're gutted? With the announcement of this, I can kiss that Golden Sun announcement good bye for a while - that's real disappointment here.

Yeah, that doesn't make a whole of sense to me either. Wiimote was made for Golf and Tennis. A huge opportunity wasted by Nintendo with this one.

cant say I am disappointed with it not being on Wii U.

I wanted this on 3DS so I am glad ninty delivered the goods.

3DS is the machine to have in 2013 without a doubt!

I'm sure they'll have Wii U versions out at some point - just because this is coming out on 3DS doesn't mean Camelot won't be working on Wii U...

Anyway, this looks really nice. If they have ring shot mode and some online play I'll be sold!

I'm sure they'll have Wii U versions out at some point - just because this is coming out on 3DS doesn't mean Camelot won't be working on Wii U...

Anyway, this looks really nice. If they have ring shot mode and some online play I'll be sold!

It's just the fact the Wii U didn't get Mario Tennis or Golf either doesn't fill me with much confidence (and the Wii was even more Wiimote focused than the Wii U). Don't understand. :hmm:

I dont want the Wii U to get it as well. Generally nintendo hardware should have its own software and only in a few occasions should we see the same game released for both systems.

I dont want the Wii U to get it as well. Generally nintendo hardware should have its own software and only in a few occasions should we see the same game released for both systems.

Agreed, if it would be the same game. If however there were benefits to having both (unlocking new courses/modes/characters etc) and being able to use 3DS as controller (am I just describing Monster Hunter 3 here?!) then I would be all 'fore' (apologies) it!

...But then I am a Mario Golf whore.

It should be:

Wii U version: Focused on multiplayer.

3DS version: Focused on character-building (through the RPG mode).

Along with the ability to use your 3DS character in the Wii U version.

Who unlocked the 3rd core on the 3DS!?

ibiXIgKBbEPpkj.bmp

i6VMfNT6nTfKw.bmp

iICzL2rlXMLAs.bmp

It's amazingly good looking! :o Resolution aside, you could fool me into thinking that was a Wii U game!

Can't wait. Been waiting 8 long years for a new Mario Golf game! :D Loved Mario Tennis Open, but I hope it has more single player content this time!

Edited by Dcubed

Never played Mario Golf, was it any good? Still, would take a proper Mario Tennis sequel any day over this one... (HINT FRIGGIN' HINT NINTENDO)

Never played Mario Golf, was it any good? Still, would take a proper Mario Tennis sequel any day over this one... (HINT FRIGGIN' HINT NINTENDO)

boxart.png

You're welcome :)

boxart.png

You're welcome :)

Well...it has a metacritic score of 69/100, so not really a worthy sequel to the original one (91/100) : /

Well...it has a metacritic score of 69/100, so not really a worthy sequel to the original one (91/100) : /

The reviewers know jack shit. The game is fantastic, even without the RPG mode.

I'd even go so far as to say that it has the best actual tennis gameplay of the whole series (and the chance shots are not overpowered at all - they're actually quite easy to counter, or use to fool your opponent into thinking that you're gonna do the indicated shot... only to slip them up :) )

Never played Mario Golf?! You haven't lived!! ;) it's a shame really because now a days if I had wanted a golf game when starting to become interested in it, tiger woods would be the easiest one to pick up and play. But fate decided Mario Golf 64 was that game for me, and what a game it is! Copies of any of the entries are probably quite rare, but golf 64 is on the Wii VC, so would recommend giving it a bash if either golf takes your fancy, or you quite like solo player skill games :) (sounds bizarre, but even in multiplayer it's very much a solo experience in terms of any mistake you make is yours and no one else's!)