NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns... Returns!

Well, ordered it, but they add 20% VAT on top of the 29.99, making it 34.98. When did that start?

Edit: Looks like after it went through, it then changed the price back to 29.99 and said the 5 pound VAT is included in the purchase price now??? WTF.

Edited by londragon

Download code available at GAME online for £29.99.

Nice to see that they're actually on time this go around. PKMD's download code apparently didn't get uploaded on their site until mid Saturday, so here's hoping that they get it right from here on out :)

Edited by Dcubed

Well, ordered it, but they add 20% VAT on top of the 29.99, making it 34.98. When did that start?

Edit: Looks like after it went through, it then changed the price back to 29.99 and said the 5 pound VAT is included in the purchase price now??? WTF.

VAT is included so it's £29.99 inc VAT. I used some reward point and brought it down to £19.99 though. :)

Nice to see that they're actually on time this go around. PKMD's download code didn't get apparently uploaded on their site until mid Saturday, so here's hoping that they get it right from here on out :)

I was keeping an eye on it last week since I'm curious for future releases and it didn't go up until Saturday like you said, was slightly surprised DK was available. Maybe they just had an issue with the Mystery Dungeon codes last week?

My review went live earlier in the week for the game. Have to say even though I played the Wii version to completion, I still had a great time with this one.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is another great addition to the 3DS’ already strong library and a fantastic port overall. While the frame rate isn’t a smooth as its Wii original, the removal of waggle controls seem like a good trade off. If you’ve yet to try DK’s Wii adventure then definitely give this platformer a look. For those returning however, the addition of eight new stages may not be enough to warrant a second purchase right away.

Read the rest of the review here

Does anyone know what GAME's policy is for pre-orders?

I put a pre-order down for this when i traded a load of games and my xbox in a few weeks back as GAME were offering 25% extra trade in value if you simply pre-ordered a game with them at the store.

Anyway, they did say I could just pre-order to get the 25% extra then just cancel the pre-order.

Now it's out, and the digital version is only £29.99, I really want to download it. But as it's now past 'pre-order' date and it's actually out in the store, can I still cancel or do I have to go ahead with my order?

I wouldn't mind too much, but would rather download this than have it on a cartridge.

I have pre ordered then not picked up my orders, they have always been happy to refund the £5 deposit or however much it has been, so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem for you to get your money back!! Although you will miss out on the key ring and bag...;)

Maybe they'll let you swap for the download code instore. The code will probably be full RRP in store so I guess it depends how much you got from trading it?

Thanks for the updates on the £29.99 GAME codes guys. Downloading as we speak :)

I have pre ordered then not picked up my orders, they have always been happy to refund the £5 deposit or however much it has been, so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem for you to get your money back!! Although you will miss out on the key ring and bag...;)

Well it was only the keyring - the bag I wasn't too fussed about!

Maybe they'll let you swap for the download code instore. The code will probably be full RRP in store so I guess it depends how much you got from trading it?

The trade in value was just 25% extra value on my previous trade in products by just pre-ordering a game. So it wont make a difference to that. And yeah you're right in saying it'll be full RRP. I think I should be ok to just cancel and then I will put the fiver deposit toward the download code. I already have £10 reward points so could potentialy download this for £15!

hmmmm I was going to download this as an impluse buy until I saw how big it was!!!!!!!!!!!! 17,000 blocks! I only have 18,000 left on mine and 8000 odd of that I'm ready to commit to Animal Crossing. Can't really afford a bigger card so it's a no go.

You know what... going back and playing the Wii version for a bit after playing the 3DS one... I have to say that the original Wii one feels much better to play. 60FPS makes a huge difference and makes the game feel much more polished (the zoomed out camera also works much better on the TV than on the small 3DS screen).

I also think that the original Wii control scheme works better than the 3DS ones (I never had a problem with the "waggle" controls personally), it just feels right. You can tell that the game was really designed with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck in mind - that weighty feel of the gravity, the slight cool-down after rolling, the simple control scheme (especially the separation of grabbing from everything else with it using Z on the Nunchuck) and that primal feeling of pounding the ground and punching the ever living crap out of the boss at the end of each world just feels much better with motion controls. While it works with buttons, it just feels a bit "off", like it just doesn't quite fit as well.

Don't get me wrong, it's really nice to have a portable version of the game, the 3D is great and I don't regret getting it, but it just feels better to play on the home console. If you haven't already got the game, I'd recommend tracking down the original first and then maybe pick up the 3DS one later on if you really like it and want to play the extra levels.

Edited by Dcubed

First impressions are that I'm not disappointed. DK feels very weighty, the 3D effect is well judged, the amount of superfluous explosions, etc. going on is enticingly great, and it feels a lot like the wonderful Donkey Kong Jungle Climber (DS) to me, so that's a massive bonus. Finished the 1st 3 stages and already I can see that this is going to be one hard-arsed game to 100%. The return of Rambi is so cool.

hmmmm I was going to download this as an impluse buy until I saw how big it was!!!!!!!!!!!! 17,000 blocks! I only have 18,000 left on mine and 8000 odd of that I'm ready to commit to Animal Crossing. Can't really afford a bigger card so it's a no go.

17,000 blocks? :blank:

*looks at 3DS storage*

Open Blocks 221,308

*Laughs*

[/iwata]

:D

But seriously, that is actually more than my entire digital 3DS collection, for one game... I'm only actually getting it because it's gonna be 'free' for me due to the promotion, must redeem my Club Nintendo codes over the weekend. :)

(Why are people still using GAME?)

(I have no idea, slightly cheaper download codes? GAME still suck though, ShopTo ftw!)

Anyone get this as their free game, and if so how long it took for the code to appear in their account on Club Nintendo? Just wondering if it'll be the same for Animal Crossing.

Anyone get this as their free game, and if so how long it took for the code to appear in their account on Club Nintendo? Just wondering if it'll be the same for Animal Crossing.

my bro never received an email yesterday but he when he logged into his club nintendo account the code was there.

Ah good. So long as the code is in the account section shortly after release, I'm happy.

Wow I am downloading it becuse of that game promo and it Nerley took all my SD card space

17,000 blocks? :blank:

*looks at 3DS storage*

Open Blocks 221,308

*Laughs*

[/iwata]

:D

But seriously, that is actually more than my entire digital 3DS collection, for one game... I'm only actually getting it because it's gonna be 'free' for me due to the promotion, must redeem my Club Nintendo codes over the weekend. :)

Yeah I only have a 4GB card in there...soon filled up the 2GB that came with it. I do need to get a new one at some point I guess. Still though DK is huge was looking not many games anywhere near that size.

null_zpsf42096ca.jpg

Seriously!

It's been like that for about half an hour!! :o

I know it's meaty but it's taking an age!

I wanna play dammit!! :angry:

I had to buy a new SD card for it this morning. I'd been meaning to get one for aaages but didn't get round to it. This was the push I needed ha. :heh:

EDIT As if its just error coded me half way through. What the actual f*&%

Grr. Why is changing SD cards always a pain in the arse for the 3ds? So annoying. :mad:

Edited by Aneres11