NEurope
Retro_Link

Splash or Crash! (eShop)

Kersploosh... Nintendo missed a trick by not having the Wind Waker Battleships Fish as a character/voiceover in this! :p

Have to admit, not what I expected the game to be like from the way the trailer started.

Actually thought they were going to do some sort of 2D side scrolling adventure game where you play a pebble that's been dropped down a well, rolling around in the sewers, drains, tunnels, etc. to create a sort of metaphysical/philosophical adventure somewhat similar to Journey. That sounds a lot better than what they're putting out, it has to be said (Although I may be slightly biased on that one :D).

Have you ever dropped a stone down a well?...

Yes! :)

Just to hear the sound?...

Maybe I guess. ::shrug:

Have you ever wondered what the stone would see?...

... :blank:

Have you ever wondered what the stone would see?...

Facepalm.gif

(actually think it looks kinda fun!)

Edited by Retro_Link

So it's out this Thursday and it's only £2.69 - much cheaper than I expected!

Wait really?!!!! Wow that's awesome. Wonder if it's lacking in depth....

Hey this isn't out till 7th March in NA!

Guess what this game made me shout at my 3DS?...

..."FUCKING BISCUITS!"

:laughing:

Now there's a phrase I never thought I'd use. :D

Anyway... So yeah, I also downloaded this earlier and have played it for just over an hour in total. In that time (less actually, because I spent most of that replaying Stage/Well 1 :heh:) I already completed all 10 wells and unlocked most of the 10 different types of stone.

Yep, that's it. 10 stages (all of which offer around a minute of gameplay) and 10 types of stone (which have different stats). :blank:

Pretty minimal right? Sure is. But the hook for this game is clearly in replaying/speedrunning stages to try and get the fastest time, and in that sense it's actually a lot of fun. :hehe:

There's also StreetPass feature to share your records.

I spent over 30 minutes replaying Stage 1, trying to get my time under a minute. Managed it eventually using the standard stone, but you basically can't make a single mistake.

This game is kind of old-school in its design and difficulty, it's all about memorising the layout of each well and replaying them over and over to be able to do a perfect run. :awesome:

So not very much content in this, but one aspect of the game which is absolutely incredible is the 3D. Seriously, this has the best 3D effect of any 3DS game that I've played so far! Not only does it help immensely with gameplay (as you can easily judge distances) it just looks so damn cool. Seeing objects fly past, or the speed trail from your stone coming out of the screen is amazing! And the faster you go, the more impressive the 3D gets. icon14.gif

I definitely don't recommend this game for anyone that's just gonna play through it once and leave it at that, you'll literally only get around 20 minutes of playtime. :hmm:

But, if you're into improving your times or just want to see some of the most awesome 3D, then this is worth downloading. :)

I agree with what RedShell says. I downloaded it earlier this evening and was rather disappointed by the lack of content. I'm sure I'll continue to unlock all the wells, but it's not going to take long. There's definitely value in replaying stages, though, as it's quite a difficult game, and so far my scores have been pretty laughable! 3D is great, though, as RedShell said.

I agree with what RedShell says. I downloaded it earlier this evening and was rather disappointed by the lack of content. I'm sure I'll continue to unlock all the wells, but it's not going to take long. There's definitely value in replaying stages, though, as it's quite a difficult game, and so far my scores have been pretty laughable! 3D is great, though, as RedShell said.
What's your best time on the 1st well?

I managed to destroy my original record by using the Mutagen stone:

75wkf7C.jpg

Bloody difficult though, took me loads of tries to make it to the water. The Mutagen is so fast and only has 1HP, so a single mistake and it's all over! :o

There are only 2 stone types left for me to unlock now, altough I have no idea how to get them. :blank: Have you unlocked the Matryoshka stone yet? That one is a lot of fun to play as. :)

There are only 2 stone types left for me to unlock now, altough I have no idea how to get them. :blank: Have you unlocked the Matryoshka stone yet? That one is a lot of fun to play as. :)

Yeah, I've unlocked that one, but I'm not finding it that fun to play with - I can't get anywhere without crashing into something! I've just been trying the first well with the Russian doll, but haven't got anywhere near the bottom. My best time with a stone is 1 min 6 secs, but I've only made it near that time once - my other scores are around 1.19.

That mutagen stone is an utter beast, managed 59.73 secs with the stone, but cannot control the mutagen, barely got past the first load of doughnuts before crashing! Looking forward to another go tomorrow morning :)

Love the music as well, especially the menu tunes, very relaxing/animal crossing-y I think :)

Yeah, I've unlocked that one, but I'm not finding it that fun to play with - I can't get anywhere without crashing into something!
Same here, that's why it's fun! :laughing:

Love the music as well, especially the menu tunes, very relaxing/animal crossing-y I think :)
I really like the contrast between the relaxing menu music and the lively in-game tune. :grin:

The stone selection screen/music has a major Kororinpa vibe too.

At @RedShell... worth starting a High Score thread in Online Gaming? :D
Probably not, no. :heh:

I really doubt many people will be getting this, and even less will have the patience to go for fast times with the Mutagen.

Finally got it. It's awesome!

Great little pick up and play game. The 3DS really needs more games like this :)

I've just gotten to Well 5 and unlocked the iron ball. I love how each "stone" has it's own little backstory :laughing: (LOL @ the bouncy ball one!)

I can already tell that chasing the high score on this is gonna be the death of me :D

Has anyone unlocked all of the stone types? I've still got 1 missing on my game, but no idea how to unlock it. ::shrug:

So far I've got:

• Stone
  • Iron Ball
  • Matryoshka
  • Watermelon
  • Bouncy Ball
  • Jewl
  • Wooden Fish
  • Plate
  • Mutagen

This game really needed an Endless Stage in my opinion. Can't understand why they didn't include one. :blank:

Well kerploosh or what ever the hell it's called here is out and I love it! So much fun can't wait to dig in and start trying to get better times.just wish Nintendo had online better sorted with leaderboards.

RedShell beats the current record on the first Well!
That didn't last long. :heh:

Anyway, I've unlocked the final stone type now...

The Egg.

If anyone finds themselves only having the types I mentioned a few posts up, you probably need to complete Well 8 with the Matryoshka. ;)