NEurope
Blade

Pancake Day!

Just a light hearted thread to talk about the best thing about February...

PANCAKE DAY.

So what does everyone like on their pancakes? Im personally a Golden Syrup bloke. Im just waiting for my girlfriend to come home from work so we can have loads.

Ohoho, it'll never get old!

My mum told me earlier that she thought someone on TV had said it was pancake day today and I just thought she was chatting some shit. Turns out I'm both a terrible person and I forgot pancake day!

I knew it was pancake day and we even made plans with a friend to celebrate it (with pancakes of course)... but then Jim had to go and get ill, pffff. So now we are going to have pancakes on Saturday, hopefully! =)

Though I do miss the stuff I would put on them at home. Light brown sugar (the one I have bought here just doesn't taste as nice) or apple/pear spreadable syrup.

Or if we are going all-out, it would be ice cream, whipped cream and a hot chocolate sauce. Mmmmmm.

I knew it was pancake day and we even made plans with a friend to celebrate it (with pancakes of course)... but then Jim had to go and get ill, pffff. So now we are going to have pancakes on Saturday, hopefully! =)

If he's not man enough to get up and eat some pancakes, then that's his loss. More pancakey goodness for you.

I made lots of chocolate chip marshmallow pancakes.

Now I feel ill.

Then you're doing it right! :p

---

Since I can't be bothered to make my own pancakes, I might try to see what other options are available.

The plan was to go to my brothers place and get mega full on pizza and pancakes but sadly, we ate so much pizza we couldn't bare the thought of pancakes :(

I'LL MAKE SOME FOR BREAKFAST!

I had Chili pancakes for tee last night, followed by sweet pancakes covered in Nutella for pudding.

Was incredible -

231051_10152577019300451_309893540_n.jpg

I'm more of a French toast and waffle person. Pancakes are great, yes, but they get soggy from even the slightest application of maple syrup (maybe it has to do with the batches I make, I dunno. But still. Waffles > Pancakes).

M&S pancakes + M&S toffee dessert sauce + extra thick cream = I don't give it a shit that it wasn't homemade, it was fucking awesome.

I've made my own pancakes every year apart from this one.

Store bought pancakes are shit.

As a result I have lots of pancakes left over.

I don't really get/like pancakes... certainly not to the ZOMFG PANCAKE DAY!!!! extent. I'm meh to them.

Scotch pancakes on the other hand, I could eat all day! :D

I need to try chilli pancakes next year.
Dude you do realise you don't have to wait a year to make pancakes!? :p Edited by Retro_Link

I have persuaded (well, I just asked :heh:) my dad to make his amazing pancakes when my parents come to visit next weekend. Laziness for the win! :D

I have persuaded (well, I just asked :heh:) my dad to make his amazing pancakes when my parents come to visit next weekend. Laziness for the win! :D
I thought with all your money you could have hired a pro chef to stand in the kitchen and make them for you all night!

I ate pancakes for dinner yesterday purely by coincidence, but I'm not a huge fan. Dinner shouldn't be sweet. :sad:

I had pancakes today, I accidentally entered the pancake fray by answering yes to a question I didn't quite hear.

The lesson is reply yes to something you don't quite hear as it could result in your death...or pancakes. :D

LEMON AND SUGAR. :grin:

I had pancakes today, I accidentally entered the pancake fray by answering yes to a question I didn't quite hear.

The lesson is reply yes to something you don't quite hear as it could result in your death...or pancakes. :D

LEMON AND SUGAR. :grin:

I could murder a pancake doused in lemon and sugar right now. Not so sure about chilli :p

I could murder a pancake doused in lemon and sugar right now. Not so sure about chilli :p

Chilli, Sour Cream, Cheese & Jalapeno's...

Godly.

Basically after many a meal at the Pancake house in Centre Parcs we decided we'd do our own savoury one for tee, hence the Chili Pancake...

They are so good...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-PJ8_RfkeaA9PU_lVv8hpwoRY4UcnMTqs1pAYSwLlM5UjAnULwg

I thought with all your money you could have hired a pro chef to stand in the kitchen and make them for you all night!

Hey, I don't have THAT much okayIhavethatmuchmoney. :P