NEurope
Wii

The 90′s Arcade Racer

TRACKS

Here is a breakdown of the race tracks:

fe692a0a1f3585d05c9e9xcrma.png

Oval: This is the most basic track in the game, it's a good place to practice and get accustomed to the game's drift mechanics.

Difficulty: Easy

895884e527e8d70fc82efu5qa6.png

Oval Infield: A few tricky corners can catch you out so you will have to use the brakes.

Difficulty: Medium

92638828d3409d39d2fc555qy3.png

Island Short: This is the signature track of the game, it's small with quite a few tricky corners.

0d2c86bff35ab4f18d6dc5erjz.png

Island Long: This track has long straights and wide corners with only a couple of places that require braking.

Difficulty: Easy

731b355099035cfcb42d3zopkp.png

Mountain Short: There are plenty of U-turns in this track, you will need to master the drifting mechanics to put in some good times.

Difficulty: Hard

e6bcaefca9fa8314e5228i4pf2.png

Mountain Long: This is the longest track in the game, it has everything from very tight U-turns to long straights and plenty of elevation.

Difficulty: Hard

44c94a41dc8c933fb84c1kkqtu.png

Airport: Long straights followed by sharp corners.

fe0b11fef44223080fc3dv6rfc.png

VR track: This is a bonus track Inspired by a certain Racing game about Virtua.

6558f1532eaa77e2e9348vhpr9.png

Playroom: Another bonus track, this one is inspired by Scalextric, the famous slot racing toy.

'Oval' :p

Tracks selection look great.

Love the short and long versions. I think MRC Rally back on the N64 did this, and I really enjoyed it.

Damn, look at that straight on Island Long!

I do hope there are a few more tracks to unlock and be revealed.

'Oval' :p

Tracks selection look great.

Love the short and long versions. I think MRC Rally back on the N64 did this, and I really enjoyed it.

Damn, look at that straight on Island Long!

I do hope there are a few more tracks to unlock and be revealed.

Yeah, I had MRC and the way the tracks would change to make them longer and add more difficult areas was great. Also, if I remember correctly, there were off road routes in MRC so you could tailor your car to be more off raod or more on road depending on the route you were taking.

Looks like the best racing game for years if you favour this style (which I do). Can't wait.

Looks like the Wii U version may have been canned.

From NintendoLife...

The long-awaiting 90's Arcade Racer has been given a new name - '90s Super GP - but it appears that the title is no longer coming to the Wii U.

The product page on the Nicalis site lists the formats as Xbox One and PS4 only, along with a release date of Fall 2016 - that's three years after the original release window of late 2013.

The game's Kickstarter campaign ended at the start of 2013, and a Wii U release was confirmed when developer Antonis Pelekanos - also known as Pelikan13 - partnered with Nicalis. In an interview with Nintendo Life, Pelekanos claimed that the Nintendo version would launch alongside the other editions of the game in "late 2013", but that never happened.

A 2014 launch was then mooted but also missed, and fresh footage - showing the gorgeous visuals and smooth frame rate on Wii U - was released in 2015 to prove the project was still very much alive.

We've contacted both Nicalis and Pelekanos to get clarification on the news and will update this article when we hear back.

I'm still not convinced that the PS4/Xbone/PC versions won't be either :laughing:

Looks like the Wii U version may have been canned.

From NintendoLife...

Then it seems like a no-buy for me.

The whole point of buying it was to have a racer to play with my mates on my Wii U. THANK GOD I didn't back it.

Second, this game has been delayed beyond belief. Perhaps no wonder, since this guy decided to take a break from developing this and instead made a beat em up!

90's Super GP?

Terrible title, should have kept the original

Another disgraceful kickstarter campaign that failed to deliver on promises and now looks to short change those who funded it.

In my opinion, if you set up a kickstarter and you set stretch goals, which when met by donations, you then renege on, you are utter scum and you are no better than a fraudster.

The site with the new information is kind of odd. There's no actual proof that it's made by the developers, it just claims to be. At the same time, why would someone spend so much time for faking indie news?

Plus not listing all platforms on a new site isn't exactly news either. The information on some of the other games is incorrect.

That said, there hasn't been much in the way of updates for 6 months.

Edit: Another possibility is that the developer is self-publishing on Wii U/PC.

Edited by Cube

Another disgraceful kickstarter campaign that failed to deliver on promises and now looks to short change those who funded it.

In my opinion, if you set up a kickstarter and you set stretch goals, which when met by donations, you then renege on, you are utter scum and you are no better than a fraudster.

This is why I never have and never will fund any Kickstarter. So many must use it to just defraud the public legally.

It only takes a few to undo all the good that could be done.

This is why I never have and never will fund any Kickstarter. So many must use it to just defraud the public legally.

It only takes a few to undo all the good that could be done.

No matter what happens with certain Kickstarters, I'll never forget that Shovel Knight came from one.

And nobody can say that it wasn't worth it for that little gem!

The angelcomm.net-site is taken down.... This is quite suspicious all in all, and the developers and publishers are not talking.

angelcomm.net? looks kinda weird. And as others have said, the "new" name is terrible.... if they have a version running on Wii U then surely just release it in at least a cut down form rather than scrap it entirely...

I feel that if the worst comes to the worst then the developers should release the game as is on PC at the very least for all of the people who backed it, though I realise anything funded on Kickstarter is under no legal obligation to fulfil all its promises.

To date I've got four projects backed on Kickstarter but only because I have complete faith in the developers after either reading through their mission statement on the site and following progress on them even before they became funded.

The 90's Arcade Racer seemingly came from nowhere offering something people have wanted for a very long time, any news on it took a long time to surface between updates, following the last avalanche of content the game looked near complete to me so I get the feeling that a stumbling block may have been reached at the publishing/release stage or the game is perhaps being rebranded following its name change; let's hope this is all it is and that something good will come out of all this.

Otherwise... it's not looking good. :hmm:

The game on the other hand was looking pretty decent, it looked finished enough to me.

That video does look good - why not just release it.

No other cars on the track I suppose.

I gave up hope of this game ever being released ages ago. For a generation Daytona and Sega Rally were the pinnacle of arcade and multiplayer gaming. I never understand in these situations why a big company doesn't step in a finish the game off. The game already looks like it's nearly complete and somebody like Nintendo with an army of programmers could probably have it ready for release in a few months. I'm sure from nostalgia alone it would do pretty good numbers.

I have a real dislike for how the cars corner sideways and all that tyre screech.

We've never seen more than 1 car on track at a time. Unless it's a time trial game that's not a good sign.

We've never seen more than 1 car on track at a time. Unless it's a time trial game that's not a good sign.

No worries:

Ah well, at least it's close to E3, the time when anything could happen.

I think this has a chance of getting a revival, it may or may not end up on Wii U - though I hope it does - but it would be such a waste not to release it at all.

Though if we don't hear anything around E3 time then I'll probably just start playing some real 90's arcade racers as I have such an appetite for them right now thanks to this title be it non-existent or not at this stage. :heh: