NEurope
Wii

The 90′s Arcade Racer

They detailed how retarded and expensive pegi are to deal with as the reason...

WTF! is this official, is it not coming to Europe?

They detailed how retarded and expensive pegi are to deal with as the reason...

Is there any more information on this? I'm curious to know more deets. What platforms is this due to be coming to, as well? Wonder if Nintendo could(well, should) help them out to get it over here but of course it's less in their interest if that also helps it get onto other platforms.

No it isn't confirmed it won't be coming, in fact I'm pretty sure they're releasing all of their games in Europe; they just said it'd be delayed. Basically there is a 300 euro fee, they also don't take digital files and you have to post the game on a USB ir disk to them, and a few other niggly thing which just slow it all down. But also I think there are TWO european ratings... Something like that. But definitely more of a delay than not coming :)

No it isn't confirmed it won't be coming, in fact I'm pretty sure they're releasing all of their games in Europe; they just said it'd be delayed. Basically there is a 300 euro fee, they also don't take digital files and you have to post the game on a USB ir disk to them, and a few other niggly thing which just slow it all down. But also I think there are TWO european ratings... Something like that. But definitely more of a delay than not coming :)

PHEW! I think I actually want this more than Mario Kart 8

30 player online would be amazing! Just possibly hard to find that many people :( I loved the HD re-release of Daytona but finding just a few people to race online was hard work!

Yes, Germany has USK while rest of Europe use PEGI. But still, with 'only' two agencies for all these countries, there must be money to be made releasing games in Europe, even on Wii U! Right?

I just don't understand this. Is EUR 300 the whole cost for a European-wide rating? Less Germany, of course.

I've been in touch with Nintendo over this whole malarkay. Apparently, you don't need both ratings to release your game in the whole of Europe, just Germany. So if they can't be arsed with two ratings, they can just ignore the germans. Or release it there at a later date.

It is baffling that a succesful company can't find the grand sum of 600 € to make the game available to got knows how many customers. They don't even need to sell a hundred units to earn that money back!

Edited by Hogge

I've been in touch with Nintendo over this whole malarkay. Apparently, you don't need both ratings to release your game in the whole of Europe, just Germany. So if they can't be arsed with two ratings, they can just ignore the germans. Or release it there at a later date.

It is baffling that a succesful company can't find the grand sum of 600 € to make the game available to got knows how many customers. They don't even need to sell a hundred units to earn that money back!

not just that, it was a funded game in the first place so why didn't they just raise the initial funding level? I know me and @dazzybee wanted to get involved in this project, but it was closed when we found out about it. Seems a bit crazy that people are trying to invest in a project but can't and yet the project is having cashflow issues.

You thought it was dead? Think again!

first 90s Arcade Racer gameplay

It both looks and sounds terrific.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

It does indeed look and sound terrific! :D

Still, with Nicalis in the driver's seat... I'm not hopeful for an EU release at all, let alone a timely one :(

Look great, loved the back to the future reference.

Is this WIi U exclusive?

bttf-2-shark-2-o.gif

Ya, there was tonnes of cool stuff going on in the background, especially on the first track. Planes, ships, rockets, sharks, whales. No, I don't think it's exclusive. If I have 1 niggle about this, it's the car turning nearly sideways going around corners but it's probably a deliberate design.

Edit: Nah, I take that back, the steering is alright.

What do we know about this in terms of Wii U? Release dates, Wii U functionality/features, pricing, online, voice chat, anything?

What do we know about this in terms of Wii U? Release dates, Wii U functionality/features, pricing, online, voice chat, anything?

Not a lot.

It's already 6 months late.

90s Arcade Racer 60fps Wii U gameplay

you can see more details here:

Nice video.

Need to see how frame rate stacks up with multiple cars on track though.

Nice. But yeah need to see more cars on track.

Also, not sure that excessive drift angle and tyre squeal isn't gonna get a little annoying.

it would be nitpicking, but I'm not so keen on the intonation of the voice actor, it seems a little off. Not saying I could nail it, just I hope they'll still refine that element of it!

I bet Pelican13 were only delighted when they seen Nintendo reveal the updated Ribbon Road for MK8. :heh:

It looks fantastic but we still need to see a lot more like other cars on track but I think they said before that it's more of a Trial Run game. Anyway other things needed are more car choices, more tracks, some customisation, leaderboards, online. And there's still no idea how far away from release this game is.

I've never been particularly big on racers for some reason(though I do still buy them) so I'm 50/50 on this - as I said before though I do appreciate its style so it's tempting - is it due to be a full retail priced or cheaper downloadable title?

Beyond the small-ish selection of cars, this seems great.

When this releases, it'll be my first digital purchase for the Wii U (Apart from that Hyrule Warriors DLC).