NEurope
Wii

The 90′s Arcade Racer

Can't wait for this, really wish I knew about kickstarter, I would have easily done my company on a billboard :)

Can't wait for this, really wish I knew about kickstarter, I would have easily done my company on a billboard :)

just seen their website, I would have done a billboard and/or a car. Gutted I missed this, what a great way to fund a game.

Anybody, know if this is going to be online?

just seen their website, I would have done a billboard and/or a car. Gutted I missed this, what a great way to fund a game.

Anybody, know if this is going to be online?

I should hope so! Big flop if it isn't imo. I'd only get it if it had online methinks.

Looks so good! :D

Will definitely be on my radar when I get a Wii U.

Really hope there's a crazy bonus level or something in there as well, as 90's racers were never worried about having a space levl or a prehistoric level with a dinosaur walking across the track or something ;p

Am I strange if I say that this is one of the games I look forward to the most for the Wii U? I haven't bought anything on day one (except for ZombiU for obvious reasons), but this seems amazing. It's something I bet I'll spend a lot of time with my mates on.

It does have splitscreen, doesen't it? :weep:

Anyone know the release date?

Wow, that does look good. :cool:

Please tell me this game will allow custom soundtracks...

:D

Looks brilliant. Will enjoy playing this in 200never when Nicalis can finally be bothered getting their games out in Europe (yes I'm still bitter about Cave Story and Ikachan on 3DS)

I don't get it ... the developer is Greek, why would he pick a publisher who won't release the game in his own country?

I don't get it ... the developer is Greek, why would he pick a publisher who won't release the game in his own country?

Tell that to Daisuke Amaya/Pixel, whose game (Cave Story) didn't get released in his own native country of Japan when Nicalis ported it to Wii and DSi...

Edited by Dcubed

Anyone know if this has online?

saw a report this morning stating middle of 2014 release, with anticipated 30 player online races. 30! that could put a dent in the MK league.

I can remember playing 8 player Daytona in the arcades and that was something else. 30 player online races will/should be utter chaos.

saw a report this morning stating middle of 2014 release, with anticipated 30 player online races. 30! that could put a dent in the MK league.

I can remember playing 8 player Daytona in the arcades and that was something else. 30 player online races will/should be utter chaos.

That would be epic if true! Hype rising....

That would be amazing. If they can do 30 player racers, can we start calling out for 80 player Fzero online :D

maybe just another league on another night...

30 player races sound amazing, getting excited... I hope this plays like Daytona!

You underestimate the power of the N-Europe Mario Kart league.

You underestimate the power of the N-Europe Mario Kart league.

haha, but maybe a 90's racer league could be set up to run alongside the mk league? just on a different night..

haha, but maybe a 90's racer league could be set up to run alongside the mk league? just on a different night..

Sure, setting up a league and maintaining it each week aint easy though.

I'd love to take part in another weekly league where I don't have spend hours afterwards updating the league, posting the results and writing the weekly report.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/05/90s-arcade-racer-shooting-for-a-mid-2014-wii-u-release

'90s Arcade Racer Shooting for a Mid-2014 Wii U Release

The Wii U eShop game '90s Arcade Racer is slated to finally release in the middle of 2014, according to publisher Nicalis. Originally slated for release late last year, developer Antonis Pelekanos and the team at Nicalis have run into some problems with porting the Unity-developed game from PC to Wii U.

"Without getting into minutia that we're probably not allowed to share in great detail, some things that worked on PC couldn't be ported exactly Wii U without having affecting how the game performs on the Nintendo console–and probably other consoles, too," Pelekanos and Nicalis' Tyrone Rodriguez said in a blog post. "However, we're very happy with the results."

The pair noted that the Wii U version is running in 720p at 60 frames per second. They're also hoping that 30 racers will be able to compete against each other at once online.

'90s Arcade Racer was a Kickstarter success almost a year ago, with the game originally due out November 2013. In addition to PC and Wii U, it is also coming to Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.

Depending on when Smash does hit, July/August could be perfect.

Depending on when Smash does hit, July/August could be perfect.

This game looks nice and "summery", perfect.

However, I've heard that Nicalis aren't sure if they'll release it in Europe, due to the hassle with age certifications :(

This game looks nice and "summery", perfect.

However, I've heard that Nicalis aren't sure if they'll release it in Europe, due to the hassle with age certifications :(

Would it not be possible for them to have preorders, if the number of pre-orders reaches a set amount the take the time to overcome those hurdles??

Why is it always just Nicalis (and occasionally Renegade Kid) that seem to be completely unable to handle an EU release!? What the hell is it with them that stops them while every other developer (even shovelware devs!) seem to have little or no trouble at all pulling it off...

It's so bloody irritating because they're do great dev work. Their ports are usually always quality stuff (barring the occasional bug that slips through that they do patch), but they're utterly useless when it comes to publishing!

If you can't handle it yourselves, then get someone to publish it in Europe on your behalf at least! :mad:

Edited by Dcubed