NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 26: Space to move, Space to breath, Space to win

This game makes no sense whatsoever.....but i'm liking it again!

Yeah it did... My meeting that was meant to finish at 11 has just finished now and therefore I couldn't get a chance to do my team! :(

Lol, did you make a mistake in the line up or something Inter :p Only two midfielders and since you guessed my formation you knew I would field five...

Haha, no it was intensional! I thought I'd take a risk as I haven't been able to beat you with 'normal' formations for a while and having taken the lead with 4-2-4 against you in the friendly only to narrowly lose 2-1 away, I decided to see how it would go when I was at home but alas, that formation does suck as much as I'd guessed it would, nevermind, you live and learn! This match was always going to be a write-off for me and you've practically won the league anyway so I took the chance to experiment. :p

There's a 4-2-4 formation?!

Yeeeeeessssssssssss.....

Worst game of the season for me but I am still 4th lol

Middle League is mentally close as per usual!

Fantastic win today. Loving life in the top flight!

Fantastic win today. Loving life in the top flight!

Yeh you and DuD are doing amazing! New era in the Top League, Eights as evil overlord and everyone else.

My work internet was shiiite. Couldn't get on it until after 1 o'clock. Didn't bother setting it yesterday as I was too tired after work and had an early night. Thought I'd get it done in the morning.

So, I resigned myself to losing. Checked the score when the internet came back up. Won 3-1. All default. Set fuck all.

yes-rudy1.gif

That's how it's done, @Charlie!

Next game, THE DERBY. @Ellmeister, WE COMIN' FOR YOU NIGGA.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I hate this game.

Keep the faith! :P

Awful awful gameday for the Shield though, you did the best out of all of us lol.

Btw will do a report/summary at last for middle league tommorow. Deffo the most interesting league.

I hate this game.

You don't think you were unjustly robbed of a win, do you? :heh:

Spotlight

The spotlight this week is on Dragooooo vs AC Elites as these two mid-table, middle league rivals face off against each other once again!

Please predict the outcome and the winning team's midfield skill rating.

I think we can expect a Dragooooooooo win, but only just: 2-1.

And i think his midfield will have a skill rating of 7.

You don't think you were unjustly robbed of a win, do you? :heh:

I do, as my midfield outplayed yours by 3 and my attack outplayed you by 5, yet I create 2 chances to your 6. Where's the logic in that?

I'm sorry if I come across as a bad loser, but I just kinda am. :p

It probably comes from being a Liverpool fan...

winless team away to unbeaten team. this is going to be painful.

Spotlight 1-1 and as there's no winning team to predict their midfield rating I'll put both of their ratings down as 9-8 respectively.

Middle League Focus

MenDrinking3Wine.jpg

Stay a while and listen.

Tuesday saw the leagues approach the halfway point of the season and we can already see in most leagues clear divisions appearing between teams.

Important Result:

Fedex United 1-3 Dragooooo

Dragooooo started to turn their season around with a great away win against a lacklusture Fedex side. Both teams came out wit a 4-4-2 but it was the sight of both Wielink and the captain Guevara in midfield that pleased the away fans. Wielink stuck in a beautiful direct free kick that went in off the post to the delght of away fans after just 6 minutes. Later in the half Guevara took his time and steered a beautiful throughball onto the chest of Wielink who rounded the goalie and slotted in his second of the day. Fedex looked beaten and when they came out in the 2nd half things didn't get better, their defender Hempel was sent off for a dangerous back tackle. However shortly after that a defensive mixup let Granil head a looping header in to make it 2-1. Two minutes later though it was the captain Guevara who with a well cued half volley put the game to bed. Dragooooo have at times had a hard time in this league but with their two best players back they looked on a different level, away wins like this are crucial to stay up. For Fedex this was a very bad result, they used to be a team that would cause some shocks but last season seems a long time ago now.

What they are saying:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS GAME ANYMORE.

The Roger Federer Crew manager seems bemused by his side looking the more likely to score and gaining a point against a vastly superior Rising Phoenix team.

Awful tactics by me but you woud have won anyway well played.

Hadens Rangers manager laments some poor tactical desicions that saw his side slump to their worst defeat of the season.

Player of the Day: Kendrick Tabbart

Tabbart has always been an important player for Coloccini but against Rangers he was simply unplayable. Coloccini have had a tough start to the season but romped home to a 4-0 victory against Rangers on Tuesday. All 4 goals were scored by Tabbart. All four were from headers as Tabbart simply dominated Rangers defense, with five midfielders Tabbart was given a freerer role than he is used to being allowed to drift in and out of position. Rangers failed to pick him up time and time agian and by the end of the match his name was beng chanted around the arena.

Tactical Award:

Coloccini got their tactics completley right against Rangers, from the outset a Rangers side playing 4-3-3 were starved for possesion against a rampant Coloccini. The managers desicion to opt for wing plays and make Tabbart the centre of the attack was a brave one but paid off. Using 3-5-2 allowed the home side to start attacks from midfield and use this momentum to win the numbers game when they were in Rangers territory. This wont be a style they can use for every game but it worked in every sense in this game. A real victory for an underfire manager.

Final Buisness:

The Comrade Co-op 2-2 Seahawks FC

In a game with chance upon chance neither Co-op or Seahawks could do enough to gain a much needed 3 points. Seahawks with a 4-4-2 formation took better control of the game than Co-op with their 4-3-3 and Etxeberria scored twice with a header, but Seahawks strikers wasted a number of chances and in the 2nd half Patrin pulled the Seahawks back to 2-2. Both teams needed a win but Seahawks will be glad to get an away point.

Rising Phoniex 1-1 RFC

Rising Phoenix missed a chance to go top as they were frustrated by a dogged RFC side. Phoniex went for it with a 3-5-2 formation but RFC lined up to bog down their opponents with 4-5-1. It worked as RFC dominated chances as they forced Phoenix into error after error. Phoniex looked like they were going to sneak a win anyway but RFC scored with 5 minutes to go via a breakaway to gain an amazing away draw.

AC Elites 1-1 Winston Gardens

This was a big game and both sides knew it, they both lined up with a 4-5-1 formation not taking any risks and hoping to control the game. Winstons midfield had the edge and gained 60% possesion and a first half goal. However club hero Bull got the Elites back into the game with a crackng shot. It stayed 1-1 and leaves the Middle League without a breakaway leader.

Spotlight:

I reckon Ell will get some bragging rights here. 2-0 to Ell with a midfield rating of 11 vs 9 for Dragooooo.

Edited by Haden

Worst game of the season for me but I am still 4th lol

Middle League is mentally close as per usual!

Even closer after todays games - Four points between first and relegation - love it!

Wonderful 4 - 4 draw against the co-op today. Great spirit by the lads to come back twice...

Even closer after todays games - Four points between first and relegation - love it!

Wonderful 4 - 4 draw against the co-op today. Great spirit by the lads to come back twice...

Middle League is looking to be one of the best ever this season!

I can seriously see myself getting relegated this season, the team just isn't performing to last season's standard!