NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 26: Space to move, Space to breath, Space to win

Doesn't that end your ridiculously long unbeaten run?

Are you talking to me or Rowa... oh wait. ;)

It was ended before that either by RFC in the cup if you count that or by Winston Gardens.

Still its all good I am in no position to be promoted this season looking to finish 4th.

Alliances

Eights United, AC Elites, Bayer Neverlusen: 25

Madpool, Hadens Rangers and Recall United: 22

Intergalactico Stars, Fedex United, Leeds M.O.T: 19

Real Peeps, Coloccini FC and Andys All Stars: 9

Spotlight

Intergalactico Stars win the spotlight this week as the only team to enter, come on guys :p

Spotlight winners:

Week 1 - Intergalactico Stars

Week 2 - Atlético Aqui1a

Week 3 - Intergalactico Stars

I had been writing up reports when I've had time and was going to finally post them this week but I got really, really sick so they might be up later today or over the weekend.

Alliances

Eights United, AC Elites, Bayer Neverlusen: 25

Madpool, Hadens Rangers and Recall United: 22

Intergalactico Stars, Fedex United, Leeds M.O.T: 19

Real Peeps, Coloccini FC and Andys All Stars: 9

Spotlight

Intergalactico Stars win the spotlight this week as the only team to enter, come on guys :p

Spotlight winners:

Week 1 - Intergalactico Stars

Week 2 - Atlético Aqui1a

Week 3 - Intergalactico Stars

I had been writing up reports when I've had time and was going to finally post them this week but I got really, really sick so they might be up later today or over the weekend.

Sorry I will enter the next one, did you want me to PR them as well? I swear I can make offical posts as Assitant to the General Manager.

Galloping into the lead!

The unholy alliance of Ell and Charlie is a sight to behold.

Yeah you should be able to make official posts, that'd be cool if you could do that :p

Does it punish you for not setting tactics?

What if you log in, but then choose to keep the tactics the same? I feel like i've not changed anything in a while, and my form seems to have dropped. Maybe i should shake things up just to let the game know i'm still around...

Surely you're still changing some tactics each round? Like whether you play careful, normal or bruise or just who you're going to mark? Form is constantly going up and down, you can have a fantastic game and still drop in form. You have to work with the trends and try to use form training to balance it out.

Nope, I normally just add a win bonus and maybe switch my forwards round. Everything else I usually keep the same. I'm probably just having a bad form run.

Depending on the referee it sometimes wise and sometimes not to use cheat, traps and level of aggression. You wouldn't play bruise against H9S9 referee for example.

Nope, I normally just add a win bonus and maybe switch my forwards round. Everything else I usually keep the same. I'm probably just having a bad form run.

I would suggest not doing that :p

I don't know how you're going with developing your players so your line up may not need to change but your tactics should definitely change with each game, at least to stop your opponent predicting and countering all of your plays.

Some people stick with the same formation for each (or most) games which is fine if it works for them (I personally try to avoid it) but it does mean your opponent can easily prepare against your formation and that will make it less effective. I always change my formation to suit who I'm playing and how I want to perform in the game. If I want to play offensively I'll go with 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 but I tend to use 4-5-1 when I want to be more cautious but keep a strong midfield, etc.

I also like to change my aggression with the referee ratings. S refers to their skill and H refers to how harsh they are so if they're S1-3 I'll play cheats or if they're S7-9 I'll do offside traps (if it compliments my formation). If they're H1-3 I'll play bruise, normal if they're 4-6 and careful if they're 7-9. These are the tactics you're 'meant' to use but I have seen people playing bruise with a 7-9 rated ref and get no cards at all while I get some playing carefully. It seems to work in my favour more often than not though.

If you always have the same playmaker your opponents will soon pick up on it and mark that player. If your playmaker is marked it usually has an effect on the whole midfield. If you don't mark anyone on your opponent's team you're letting every player play to the best they're able to in that game. If you mark anyone it will at the very least make that player perform less well even if they aren't the playmaker.

With the offensive and defensive strategy it's the same thing. If you always have the same one, the chances are your opponents will notice and prepare against it. I change how I play depending on my line up, formation and what I think my opponent's tactics will be (including line up, formation and what their strategy will be).

So you can tell I put a lot of thought (maybe too much) in to my tactics :p so it's really scary/strange to me to see you saying you don't change them at all lol. I don't think I could play that way!

I would suggest not doing that :p

I don't know how you're going with developing your players so your line up may not need to change but your tactics should definitely change with each game, at least to stop your opponent predicting and countering all of your plays.

Some people stick with the same formation for each (or most) games which is fine if it works for them (I personally try to avoid it) but it does mean your opponent can easily prepare against your formation and that will make it less effective. I always change my formation to suit who I'm playing and how I want to perform in the game. If I want to play offensively I'll go with 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 but I tend to use 4-5-1 when I want to be more cautious but keep a strong midfield, etc.

I also like to change my aggression with the referee ratings. S refers to their skill and H refers to how harsh they are so if they're S1-3 I'll play cheats or if they're S7-9 I'll do offside traps (if it compliments my formation). If they're H1-3 I'll play bruise, normal if they're 4-6 and careful if they're 7-9. These are the tactics you're 'meant' to use but I have seen people playing bruise with a 7-9 rated ref and get no cards at all while I get some playing carefully. It seems to work in my favour more often than not though.

If you always have the same playmaker your opponents will soon pick up on it and mark that player. If your playmaker is marked it usually has an effect on the whole midfield. If you don't mark anyone on your opponent's team you're letting every player play to the best they're able to in that game. If you mark anyone it will at the very least make that player perform less well even if they aren't the playmaker.

With the offensive and defensive strategy it's the same thing. If you always have the same one, the chances are your opponents will notice and prepare against it. I change how I play depending on my line up, formation and what I think my opponent's tactics will be (including line up, formation and what their strategy will be).

So you can tell I put a lot of thought (maybe too much) in to my tactics :p so it's really scary/strange to me to see you saying you don't change them at all lol. I don't think I could play that way!

Wow, i didn't realise there was that much you could do.

I also didn't realise that there were referee ratings, i thought they were just an avenue for hilarious pun names. I would never put 'bruise', i always put 'careful' because playing to injure other fantastical players seems a bit mean. Same with cheating, cheating is wrong.

If i've played the person before, i sometimes check to see what formation they used against me last time and counter it, but if they're new to the league (like the last few i've played) i obviously haven't played them before and so can't do that.

I wasn't aware that the other team could see who i chose to be playmaker! I might swap that around in the future too....although i don't have that many players who could do that. i will see.

I considered marking certain people from the other team, but since i didn't know who they are going to play, i thought it would be a waste of time since i'd probably end up marking someone who is sat on the bench.

Maybe in the next game i'll completely change all my tactics. I probably won't

EDIT: I just went and completely changed up all my tactics! I didn't know who @Charlie will play, so obviously i just marked the guy with the stupidest name. He's not going to know what hit him. Mwahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Edited by 130131301364

After the game both sides can see what tactics the other team used when you look at the match report :p so they can only see it afterwards but if they buy your tactic reports from previous games it can be really easy to see a pattern :p

@bob go to Help>Rules>Team>Tactic and read that whole page.

Yeah, right.

Even just a win bonus makes a massive difference. I'd have guessed your playmaker and formation, and actually set a playmaker of my own.

Plus it didn't actually pick my strongest team.

We played shite in that last match. Couldn't play a strong line-up cos of the injuries, thankfully I have a fully fit squad now. Should make a massive difference.

Bit unlucky I guess with the scoreline. We had a similar number of chances, but their strikeforce was better. Can't wait til they're older and wiser.

Away to Real Peeps tomorrow. A six-pointer in the relegation dogfight. A win would put me 6 points clear of Peeps and hopefully 9 points clear of the dropzone. Afterwards I have to play Madpool and Inter twice so I don't expect to get many points for a couple of weeks.

A 2-2 draw away to Madpool is the very least I deserve there, I have to say! :heh:

Got my tactics pretty much spot on today, just wish we could have held onto that initial 1-0 lead. Relieved to have come back from 2-1 down, though. Good game..

Edited by Aqui1a

Lol, did you make a mistake in the line up or something Inter :p Only two midfielders and since you guessed my formation you knew I would field five...

I don't understand why I never get the manager of the round, only got it once the whole last season and I don't even get it when beating Inter away. Should count for a lot more than beating Peeps away :p

Anyway, 5 point lead is very nice. 6th win in a row, 7 with Silverdale on Friday. If Dud could draw against Battlestar that would be wonderful.

This game is fixed. 2 injuries. One of which is to a player that was subbed on at half time.

This game makes no sense whatsoever.....but i'm liking it again!