NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 26: Space to move, Space to breath, Space to win

I don't mind forfeiting, jesus. It's my bloody fault for forgetting about the cup. Keep your panties on!!!

(Though I'd have won ;) )

We are delaying for you, send your challenge to leeds :)

I would like to welcome @Jon Dedede to the game! We now have 30 active teams!

So basically with development I like to stick by (age-skill) 18-4, 19-5, 20-6 etc... Young players are easier to raise in skill and older players are harder to, so if you have a 25+ player who deviates from that line it's ok imo - to a certain degree.

So to start off with I would keep your 3 youngest defenders, bringing in another youth and perhaps a 30+ high skill (10+) player if you can. In goal I would keep the 27-8 but bring a youth in and try to concentrate solely on the youth as the 27-8 isn't worth trying to develop but will be handy as a reserve keeper.

Midfield I would keep the three oldest and bring in three youths, they don't all have to be 18-4 (if you can get 18-5, 19-6 etc then great) but as long as they are between 17 and 20 (with respective skill levels) they should be ok. Concentrate on the youths to develop them and when they're strong enough you'll be able to play new youths alongside them.

Forwards definitely keep the 22-7, although you could probably sell him for at least 1 or 2 million with those special qualities (might be worth looking into if you need funds), get either two youths alongside him or one youth and one old and high-skilled player.

When I speak about development I mean the Development Value (DV) that each player has. When the season starts your players will have DVs of 3-5 and you should aim to get them to at least 15 if you want them to raise their skill level by the end of the season. DV of over 10 means they will raise in skill but they might not visibly raise (like they could go from 18-4 to 19-4 with either a positive or negative change).

Form is important as DV is based on average form, so keep your players in good form. If they dip below 10 form, give them a form training session. A player with from of 10 will play to his own skill level in the game, better than 10 form means he'll play better than his own skill and worse means worse (obv :p). Don't bother form training players you aren't looking to develop (ie your 27-8 keeper and your old midfielders). Train them some but don't do it if it means you won't have money to train your youths.

I'll leave it there so as not to overwhelm... you have the link to that guide I made a while back so definitely keep that as a reference :)

Welcome DeDeDe :)

I swear these new teams get better and better :p

You've got a good start with that.

Do what Peeps said, he's bang on the money.. although I'd keep the 22 forward and bring in a cheap oldie of equal or higher skill and a 16/17 year old to go alongside him.

What's up with the constant delays? There's no need for such a long gap between seasons.

*Motion for no cup between the next 2 seasons*

Is it better just to sack crap players or hang around and try and sell them?

Is it better just to sack crap players or hang around and try and sell them?

It depends how crap they are. As a quick guide I would sack anyone over the age of 20 who is skill 5 or less.

In your team; Jennings, Eaden, Rooke and Pardoe can all instantly get the sack as no one will want to buy them. Buy in some 18 4s (age 18, skill 4) to replace them.

If anyone wants to play me in a friendly tomorrow feel free to send a challenge :) Coloccini FC for those who don't know which team I am :p

If anyone wants to play me in a friendly tomorrow feel free to send a challenge :) Coloccini FC for those who don't know which team I am :p

Challenged you for a re-match. You should be the home team this time really, but meh.

The season is set to start on the 24th, I've already started it on Xpert so people can see who they're facing and so the new teams will show up in the league menu for easy access for any spies :p

Still waiting for this challenge from @Twozzok.

Challenge sent. (sorry about this, middle of exams atm)

EDIT: also, is there a way to see the previous season results?

We should deffo keep the cup people need 2 weeks to sort their teams out and it usually is about that time.

Plus it gives smaller teams a chance to win something big.

My first game is agianst Flinky, so my last game will be against Flinky as well that is epic :D

Challenged you for a re-match. You should be the home team this time really, but meh.

I didn't get the challenge, but I'll send one to you :D

We should deffo keep the cup people need 2 weeks to sort their teams out and it usually is about that time.

Plus it gives smaller teams a chance to win something big.

My first game is agianst Flinky, so my last game will be against Flinky as well that is epic :D

This off season will last 3 and half-4 weeks?

Interesting start for me. The seemingly five weakest teams in a row. And double header against Odwin again.

Edited by Tales

This off season will last 3 and half-4 weeks?

Interesting start for me. The seemingly five weakest teams in a row. And double header against Odwin again.

That's with 2 unfortunate delays so you can cut that by one week. Usually there's a preliminary round then last 16, 8, 4 etc making 5 match days total - 2 and a half weeks :p plus an extra match day after the final makes it up to 3 weeks. So 9 weeks on and 3 weeks off isn't too bad.

If people still want a cup next season I'll either do the draws myself (won't be as fancy as a live draw) or make sure I'm ready to do so as backup. If people don't want a cup, they won't sign up and we won't have one. Democracy ftw.

I find it is best to sell them to @Fierce_LiNk, who will then sack them for you.

8c1f6eb0b17e012f1793123138132b32.gif

Also, I am ALWAYS IN for the cup. I love the magic of the cup.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Challenge sent. (sorry about this, middle of exams atm)

EDIT: also, is there a way to see the previous season results?

The cup? Checked the other thread, and it seems it was Inter, Inter, Silverdale, Eights and Eights.

The cup? Checked the other thread, and it seems it was Inter, Inter, Silverdale, Eights and Eights.

Thanks was going to ask someone for that will be putting it in thread. Cup is so good!

Even if my cup run was awful this time around lol.

I think we should say no delays if we are to do the cup from now on.

The rules you guys imposed stated that if they didn't challenge on time then they forfeited the match, why make exceptions?

First game against Eights...time to let the youth know what they'll be facing all season.

I think we should say no delays if we are to do the cup from now on.

The rules you guys imposed stated that if they didn't challenge on time then they forfeited the match, why make exceptions?

First game against Eights...time to let the youth know what they'll be facing all season.

The time limit for Twozzok was unfair. "Challenge by tomorrow or else we can't play the game!"

Not fair. That's not even a full day's warning.

N-Euro Championship Cup - Quarter Final

bob 3-0 Intergalactico Stars

bob's fans turned up at the stadium today expecting to see a dashing display of skill and finesse... from Intergalactico Stars. Well they weren't disappointed by the show from the pitch but they were pleasantly surprised to see bob themselves showboating for the crowd and scoring goals! The first half was fairly slow-paced but set a precedent for an offensive force of bob against Intergalactico Stars. bob managed 4 chances against 2 from Inter in the first half which expanded to 11 against 5 in the second.

bob's first goal came from Samual Goufran in the 52nd minute and soon after, Mathurin Onfiang scored from a freekick putting bob 2-0 up. Despite their 2 goal lead, bob didn't take things easy and actually pressed harder against their opponents. Intergalactico weren't ready for the pressure placed upon them and in the 86th minute it proved too much for Rocky Miavia who scored an unfortunate own goal!

Leeds M.O.T 5-2 Eights United

Another major upset for this second set of teams in the quarter finals as Eights lose face against Leeds M.O.T. Both teams won their league this season but while Leeds won the lower league, Eights have the prestige of winning the Elite League trophy. Leeds were all over Eights from the start, kicking off with a goal in the 8th minute from Gaizka Carrero. A freekick in the 16th minute, scored by Jonathon McGee, put even more distance between the two teams. Leeds were first to score again in the second half as Gene Halden scores from a header in the 62nd minute.

Eights were getting in nearly as many chances as Leeds but to no avail until the 65th minute when Emil Beck finally gets them a goal after a corner. Leeds weren't happy with that though and soon enough Monty Garner scores their 4th goal and in the 84th minute Arturo Mancebo scored a 5th! Leeds were so pleased with their performance that Orlan Nagore forgot himself and in the last minute of the game he scored an own goal against them!

I don't think anyone objects to that, problem was the late draw.