NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 26: Space to move, Space to breath, Space to win

Condon is shit btw... goes to check how good Condon really is =p

I think that's a fair estimate :p

He's pretty good actually =(

Right. Does anyone know how to cancel a friendly? I sent Federer a request for monday but he accepted it after gametime so it's scheduled for friday - but I need to play my first round game on friday :/

Also I was thinking the other day - you know how everyone a couple of seasons ago was suggesting a big reset? I think that would be great to do, one day, where all the teams are reset and everyone's on equal footing, but noone will ever want to just stop and do it suddenly.

So maybe we could think about having an end date in the future? Probably properly far away, say in six or seven seasons time... the last two or three seasons would be great, kind of a desperate need to win something before the teams are reset...

If it was a loooooong way off, it might be a good idea. But, I wouldn't fancy it personally, because I'm already rebuilding right now. Plus, it screws over people like Tales and Odwin who have spent ages building fantastic teams and people like Ell, Charlie and Haden have already started afresh.

Also, if we did reset, sooner or later new people will join in and will be in the same position as if they joined now anyway. The only way to compete I guess is to buy good youths, overhaul the squads and build teams which can compete, but this will take time. I'm doing that now.

I wasn't aware you were building a team to compete... let me know when that happens ;)

triple-h-angry.gif

miz-girl-face-o.gif

tumblr_lna116LqHN1qcehfo.gif

no-this-is-the-ultimate-look-of-disapproval.gif

Qwbhu.gif

I'd just like to say for the record I agree with Haden on this X11 transfer thing. It is only a game but should be civil enough to do things above board.

I'd expect people like Charlie to do something underhanded like that, but only because his team are so dire.

I'd just like to say for the record I agree with Haden on this X11 transfer thing. It is only a game but should be civil enough to do things above board.

I'd expect people like Charlie to do something underhanded like that, but only because his team are so dire.

Only because you're poor and can't afford a VIP account, braaah.

Is the Colocconi manager on the forum I had an idea he was? I wondered if he wanted to join the Shield in the alliances next season. No offence to Jimbob of course but you left me and MadDog hanging last season :p

In other sad news I am going to sell Exton my sqaud is huge atm (20) and I need to get rid of at least one person. I wanted to face Peeps with him but its not to be I may see if I get drawn against Peeps in the next round if he gets through and have Extons last game then.

Anyway he is worth 1 mil, first person that thanks this post gets him for 50k!

Oh wait

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1597-1347992379-13.gif

Is the Colocconi manager on the forum I had an idea he was? I wondered if he wanted to join the Shield in the alliances next season. No offence to Jimbob of course but you left me and MadDog hanging last season :p

In other sad news I am going to sell Exton my sqaud is huge atm (20) and I need to get rid of at least one person. I wanted to face Peeps with him but its not to be I may see if I get drawn against Peeps in the next round if he gets through and have Extons last game then.

Anyway he is worth 1 mil, first person that thanks this post gets him for 50k!

Oh wait

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1597-1347992379-13.gif

I'll have him for 10k, but don't tell the others!

Sending you a PM now.

I'll have him for 10k, but don't tell the others!

Sending you a PM now.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26853-1348003850-7.gif

Yessir! x2 :D

The problem is that:

1. It's restricted to VIPs. The VIP system isn't designed to give players advantages in being able to get cheap players and therefore a better team. It's to give them more stats so they can make more informed decisions.
  2. Seahawks (I believe) is starting a new team. His old players are therefore forfeit and shouldn't be continuing in the league unless they are bought at recommended value.
  3. It's against the Xpert11 rules. Although we're in a private league, we should still adhere to these rules. Private transfers a little bit cheaper are fine, but selling players at 10% of recommended value is not on. It's not fair for everyone who is trying to build a team fairly.

1) If non VIPers want VIP they can trial it for a month for £0.10. Direct transfers come as part of the perks, not just the stats. Therefore, if two teams wanted to do a deal it should be up to them...you get deals like that in real life ie Berbatov (one of Man U's top scorers going to Fulham for like £2m when other clubs missed out and could have easily paid more)

2) So would anyone have a problem with me buying those players at 'recommended value' or 'a little bit cheaper' then (If Seahawks bought them back off me then I rebuy them at the going rate)?

@Nikos9 @DuD

Seahawks needs to buy back those players as it's the only fair way to sort this out. I can understand Intergalactico not being happy with this solution but it wasn't a fair deal in the first place and not just because of the amount of econ paid. This is what has to happen.

I just checked my economy and I spent 750k on evaluating his players (didn't realise it was gonna cost that much) so if he buys them back can I ask him to include that amount in the fee so I don't lose out, seeings I never knew it was gonna become this much of an issue!?

Intergalactico and DuD will have to play each other.

I've sent DuD my invite and am awaiting their acceptance.

I do agree that it was perhaps rather reckless to put my players around as bets etc so we can all learn things.

Btw if you were doing cheeky bids I feel sad you went to Seahawks and didn't bid on the machine that is Condon.

Does that mean our Money In The Bank deal is off?? :o

After what you said about Conden being your brightest youth prospect I knew there was no chance in you accepting the bid so didn't bother! Plus I was holding back in the event I may get him off you anyway as part of my MITB claim! :heh:

You evaluated a 23/8 and 24/9 both costing 250,000? Weren't you sure enough that you were getting a good deal?? They were pretty risky prospects. :blank:

You evaluated a 23/8 and 24/9 both costing 250,000? Weren't you sure enough that you were getting a good deal?? They were pretty risky prospects. :blank:

Nope, I evaluated 5 of his players at 150k...wanted to see which of them would be best compatible/had best hidden abilities!

Why would he accept when he knows he's in the cup ::shrug:

We'll sort it out when we come to it. I don't think anyone wants to delay the cup for a round?

Yeah, dunno, maybe he thought the cup started on monday or something - and I was a bit late in relaying the info. Good chance I'll lose as my form is dreadful and ive had LLD in our last 3 games together, so we'll see.

--

Didn't think the reset suggestion would provoke such strong reactions! Tales you never know, you might get bored of winning every league for the next few seasons :P

If it was a loooooong way off, it might be a good idea. But, I wouldn't fancy it personally, because I'm already rebuilding right now. Plus, it screws over people like Tales and Odwin who have spent ages building fantastic teams and people like Ell, Charlie and Haden have already started afresh.

Also, if we did reset, sooner or later new people will join in and will be in the same position as if they joined now anyway. The only way to compete I guess is to buy good youths, overhaul the squads and build teams which can compete, but this will take time. I'm doing that now.

I get the rebuilding thing (I'm a couple of years into the current Winston project) which is why I'd suggested many seasons away - maybe more like 8 / 9 - as that would give people a pretty full cycle with rebuilt teams - youths age 20 would be 29 and have maxed out their potential, more or less.

And I get that that people who have spent ages on their teams would lose out but, really, they'd have literally about 2 years in real time to lap up the glory - would probably be enough.

Basically I think people might eventually want to reset their teams individually, as haden, ell etc have done, and a very far off future reset date might be a good idea rather than one or two managers resetting every couple of seasons and teams being at different points in their development.

Anyway, I'm fine with not doing out - just thought I'd clear up what I meant / justify the suggestion!

(as a side note I'm also against these inter dodgey dealings but I think that's been covered by everyone else!

I get the rebuilding thing (I'm a couple of years into the current Winston project) which is why I'd suggested many seasons away - maybe more like 8 / 9 - as that would give people a pretty full cycle with rebuilt teams - youths age 20 would be 29 and have maxed out their potential, more or less.

And I get that that people who have spent ages on their teams would lose out but, really, they'd have literally about 2 years in real time to lap up the glory - would probably be enough.

Basically I think people might eventually want to reset their teams individually, as haden, ell etc have done, and a very far off future reset date might be a good idea rather than one or two managers resetting every couple of seasons and teams being at different points in their development.

Anyway, I'm fine with not doing out - just thought I'd clear up what I meant / justify the suggestion!

(as a side note I'm also against these inter dodgey dealings but I think that's been covered by everyone else!

It's a good suggestion, I'm just not sure if it's worth thinking about at the moment. Also, if we take it into account that teams have players that are 20 years old now, the players might only have 1 or 2 years at the top before the reset takes place. If somebody did manage to break into the top part of the Elite League, it would be a good achievement, but it would ultimately be short-lived before the reset.

The more I think of it, the more I can't see if there's much to gain from it. Getting to the Elite league is fun and finishing in the top half would be nice, but there's still loads of fun to be had in the Middle and Lower Leagues. It seems like people are enjoying the game as it is for now, and there's lots of good rivalries going with teams trying to out-do each other.

I just checked my economy and I spent 750k on evaluating his players (didn't realise it was gonna cost that much) so if he buys them back can I ask him to include that amount in the fee so I don't lose out, seeings I never knew it was gonna become this much of an issue!?

I'm fine with that

Didn't think the reset suggestion would provoke such strong reactions!

We got feelings you know :p Xpert Eleven is serious business.

Tales you never know, you might get bored of winning every league for the next few seasons :P

Never!

I don't understand the logic behind a league reset. All you get is 30 jojo teams. Teams that were vastly inferior suddenly get top positions the next season. Teams that were vastly superior get relegated due to more or less chance. Doesn't make sense.

I can't see this wish for a league reset for anything other than wanting a shortcut to glory.

I didn't start in the Elite League you know, it took me roughly two years just to get there, and another two years to win it. I got kicked around a lot in the beginning. Inter and Madpool both achieved 9-0 records against me and Inter, Madpool, Silverdale and Odwin still have positive H2H over me. It may seem a daunting task to break into top half, but it's gonna happen sooner or later for you anyway. And it doesn't have to take that long for everyone either, I was a turtle :p

If someone wants to reset their team they should just go ahead with that and delete their old team and start anew, shouldn't be forced upon anyone else. Some get tired of their old team, some never do. I would never ever abandon my team. Too much history.

Edited by Tales

I joined a freshly reset league a couple of weeks before this one. I'm actually having more fun in the league where everyone started on equal footing.

1) If non VIPers want VIP they can trial it for a month for £0.10. Direct transfers come as part of the perks, not just the stats. Therefore, if two teams wanted to do a deal it should be up to them...you get deals like that in real life ie Berbatov (one of Man U's top scorers going to Fulham for like £2m when other clubs missed out and could have easily paid more)

2) So would anyone have a problem with me buying those players at 'recommended value' or 'a little bit cheaper' then (If Seahawks bought them back off me then I rebuy them at the going rate)?

I've sent DuD my invite and am awaiting their acceptance.

Does that mean our Money In The Bank deal is off?? :o

After what you said about Conden being your brightest youth prospect I knew there was no chance in you accepting the bid so didn't bother! Plus I was holding back in the event I may get him off you anyway as part of my MITB claim! :heh:

The deal is on but there is no way you are ever gonna be cashing that in it will spur me on to report every week! (Hopefully) Even if you get it this will happen immediatly!

I do actually sympathise that it would be quite interesting to have a closed transfer system where you could score bargians etc. Before next off season we deffo need to get some ideas into place of how to make it workable to make it fair yet fun.

Edited by Haden

Where do you guys get all these fucking wrestling gifs from....

....why can't there be more....pugs?

4aGwS.gif

The deal is on but there is no way you are ever gonna be cashing that in it will spur me on to report every week! (Hopefully) Even if you get it this will happen immediatly!

Is that so...

...have you ever heard of the crippler crossface Haden? If not then allow me to elaborate -

:p

Comerade hasn't accepted my invite yet. It would be nice if he did. I didn't get to play a match on Tuesday because no one accepted my invites then either and I've decided not to spend money on training so I really need as many matches as possible. It would be nice if he accepted it today.

Comerade hasn't accepted my invite yet. It would be nice if he did. I didn't get to play a match on Tuesday because no one accepted my invites then either and I've decided not to spend money on training so I really need as many matches as possible. It would be nice if he accepted it today.

He knows, apparently he just forgot but I reminded him this morning so he said he'll accept the invite when he gets home from work this evening.

Edited by Nikos9

Is that so...

...have you ever heard of the crippler crossface Haden? If not then allow me to elaborate -

:p

That image before you open the video is damn scary!!

Shame what happened he was one of my faves, him, Jericho and Angle was a golden period for the IC title, good times.

Rossers Rovers still need to send me a challenge. I've sent him a mail on the site but no challenge so far.