NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Mould

In my room there is black stuff, which i assume must be mould round the window, and anywhere on the outside wall that is touched by furniture, eg around the wall next to my matress.

i was just wondering if mould was harmfl in anyway, as all the knowledge i have on this i from a king of the hill episode and they say it doesnt matter too much.

you might want to sort that out. it can spread and will probably stink like a bitch pretty strongly.

In my establishment we have these little condensation boxes that collect condensation and reduces damp. I think you should invest in one and place it in your room near the window. They're cheap, you can get them from Wilkinson's.

In my establishment we have these little condensation boxes that collect condensation and reduces damp. I think you should invest in one and place it in your room near the window. They're cheap, you can get them from Wilkinson's.

de-humidifier? I had one of these myself when i had damp in my bedroom, my wall was actually damp to touch, lots of mould and stuff, but it fixed it up fine.

The is a small patch forming in my bed room, im moving soon so i may just paint over it or something, it was prevuisly behind a poster.

You might want to treat it before you paint over it, you can get fungicides which will kill it - otherwise it will just come back through the paint.

It wont hurt you but it will smell if there is a lot of it, and being in a damp room is not good for you in terms of getting colds, breathing disorders (makes people with asthma worse sometimes) and feeling run down.

It certainly wont kill you if there is just a little bit of it.

there is a type of mould which is pretty nasty, the spores can do nasty stuff in your lungs. its a more furry mould though, if memory serves

there is a type of mould which is pretty nasty, the spores can do nasty stuff in your lungs. its a more furry mould though, if memory serves

WARNING! Mould expert! :yay:

Sign in to follow this