NEurope
|Laguna|

Guess Who Played The Revolution...!

I was wondering how Smash Bros would be altered to allow for play with the new controller. I must admit if that is how they intend to go with it, it should be a lot of fun especially with Link.

Hold on a second, i thought Nintendo just came out and denied the statements from NGC about the Revolutions control modifications to Twilight Princess, which are pretty much the same as shown here. Unless there talkin about a new game.

As for SSBM thats got to be in a first person perspective to work, or at least third person, not side on. Could we be seeing a dramatic change in Smash Bros.

I'd take all this with a pinch of salt, I mean National Geographic kids? Come on.

Maybe they didn't play it but were told about the functions, so it could just be what they guess the controls will be like or Nintendo told them something and they took it slightly further than what it actually was.

Or maybe they did play it :P who knows.

I don't like that Zelda thing. You use two controllers. One for the sword and one for the shield. How on Earth are you going to move your character? Don't tell me I need to use a D-pad. For christ's sake we're not in the 90's anymore! I don't like the SSB idea either. That's stupid if you ask me!

I don't like that Zelda thing. You use two controllers. One for the sword and one for the shield. How on Earth are you going to move your character? Don't tell me I need to use a D-pad. For christ's sake we're not in the 90's anymore! I don't like the SSB idea either. That's stupid if you ask me!

Well if its anything like NGC reported you use the Nunchuk add on and use that to move. The two buttons on that would be used for shield and lock on. Or atleast thats what I remember.

seriously, for smash bros, just stick with the formula, u add some stupid punch thingy, and it just slows down the gameplay, smash bros was fast and crazy. lets keep it that way

I think these are just ideas, not actual gameplay things.

At least the Rev's getting good media attention for once.

Hope this 'good' media attention appears in the UK. Anyone see what they did to The Sun's website at the launch of the PSP and 360. They had a huge section proclaiming the PSP as the best thing in portable gaming as for the 360 they changed the whole background layout to show PD0 as a wallpaper theme. Hope all the media here decide to do something attention grabbing for the Rev.

Hope this 'good' media attention appears in the UK. Anyone see what they did to The Sun's website at the launch of the PSP and 360. They had a huge section proclaiming the PSP as the best thing in portable gaming as for the 360 they changed the whole background layout to show PD0 as a wallpaper theme. Hope all the media here decide to do something attention grabbing for the Rev.

Never read the Sun for gaming news. Never.

Looks like this magazine is just suggesting some ideas... Why the hell would Nintendo invite National Geographic Kids Magazine to playtest the Rev, anyway?

seriously, for smash bros, just stick with the formula, u add some stupid punch thingy, and it just slows down the gameplay, smash bros was fast and crazy. lets keep it that way

You read my thoughts! :kiss:

I wouldn't think they have played it. I mean, why them? Anyway, anyone could come up with ideas like that from watching the trailer

well, im dissapointed. If i really wanted to use real punches to fight someone, i wouldn't be playing a video game. How the hell are we supposed to execute super rapid Falco punches and kicks?

"NG Kids recieved an exclusive invitation to preview and play with the top-secret controller for Nintendo's soon-to-be-released Revolution console."

"(...) So we traveled to Tokyo (...) "

They are either lying, and only making things up, or they did test play something.

Does "soon-to-be-released" sound like a phrase you'd use about a console predicted due out in November?

why did they travel to tokyo...?

That is probably the most interesting part of the whole article. Good eye ;). Add that qoute to another "You'll be able to use it with games you already have and new games too" and you have a very interesting bit of news.

My theory is that they flew to Tokyo to test out NEW demos. In every article regarding testing out the REV they have never failed to tell you what they had tested out. Every article described the same demos. This time, they mention swinging a bat, driving a car, and painting. These are new demos released by Nintendo to the press. On top of that, Nintendo mentioned the idea that some games COULD use the REVmote. They didn't announce it. However, they will in the near future and drop a BOMB when Reggie speaks later next month.

So to re-cap:

- New demos

- Greater possibility of fowards-compatibility

As for smash bros, here's a control scheme that i think could work marvelously:

Analague stick: Movement

A: Normal attack

B: Special attack

z1: block

z2: throw

Holding A then flicking your wrist: Weak Smash Attack (Smash attacks can now be aimed in any direction)

Flicking your wrist + A: True Smash Attack

Flicking your wrist + A (then Hold): Charging Smash Attack (even more powerful then before but takes longer to reach maximum power. Also you can alter the direction mid-smash (only after being charged for a set amount of time))

Flick of the wrist upwards / up and to the right / up and to the left: jump up / up and to the right / up and to the left

Flick of the wrist downwards: Dodge (which is changed to allow you to "A" attack (no smash) afterwards)

While in air, holding Block then flicking your wrist: Air Dodge

Flick of the wrist left while facing right: slide/jump backwards (if a jump, you still have 2 jumps as you would normally have)

Flick of the wrist right while facing right: lunge forward

Lunging forward and at anytime before landing pressing A: Jump Attack (there is a recovery time invovled)

Sprinting and Lunging forward: Dive roll

Holding Block then flicking your wrist: roll

Holding Throw and flicking your wrist: throw item

Flicking your wrist + Throw: Smash throw item (Can be charged)

Throw w/o an item: grab

While grabbing, flicking your wrist: Will throw the opponent in any direction

While grabbing in air, flicking your wrist: Will throw the opponent in any direction and will result with your charachter moving slightly in the opposite direction.

While grabbing in air, flicking the ANALOGUE STICK downwards: Dive while subdueing charachter. If the charachter isn't that weak, he/she/it can break free.

D-pad: This could be used creatively somehow.

I know your probably thinking "Why have a jump back/ lunge forward move when you already can roll?" Well, because you can not only dodge, but jump while jumping back (something you can't do while rolling). Their is no recovery time when you finally land (unlike rolling, where you have a brief moment where you can't do anything). Also, jumping back is very fast. So you can jump back and forth really fast if you time it right. However, rolling still has the ability to roll around a person. Jumping forwards or backwards doesn't allow you to jump through someone. You can, however, shove them back if the charachter is stronger or the opponent has a high percentage.

For example, an opponent is charging a smash. Before they release it you lunge into them, disrupting their charge and forcing them back. While they slide back, you can press A mid-lunge and attack them. The opponent can counter this move simply by releasing the charging smash before you hit them. However, if you were to jump Attack the opponent instead of just lunge, then the player who had the more powerful attack would deal more damage and would move less.

I see a one on one fray between masters going like this:

Ganondorf: 110%

Link: 75%

Ganons on the right, Links on the left.

Ganondorf does a super-punch. Link jumps back barely missing the punch, then jumps forwards and attacks. Ganon rolls back, charges, grabs Link, and tosses him forward. Ganon follows up with a sliding kick. Link, as soon as he touches ground from the throw, hand-springs backwards (requires perfect timing), jumps upwards and stabs downwards. Ganon is sent flying off to the left. He returns to the platform barely by hanging off the edge. He flips upwards off the edge. Link retaliates by jumping and attacking mid-air. Before he can attack though, Ganon grabs him mid-air and dives towards the ground. They crash into the ground, and Ganon flips off of Link. Link rolls to the right, and it becomes a stand-still. Link charges forward, stops short, throws his boomerang, and jump attacks forward. Link had hoped Ganon would dodge the boomerang then get hit by his jump attack, instead Ganon simply blocks and slides across the playing field as a result of the force (the block "bubbles" are gone, and are now replaced with translucent bubbles that light up at the point of contact). Link sprints towards Ganon. Ganon prepares a charge smash attack (which direction can be changed mid-smash after a set amound of time). Link sprints towards the charging Ganon, only to dive roll as Ganon releases his charging smash attack. Link, now behind Ganon, delivers a spin-attack.....

So on and so forth

Tell me that's gotta be fake! Surely "Nintendo Power" magazine or "Official Nintendo Magazine" would get first dibs! :D

Just speculation...

"But this is all just wishful thinking, according to Nintendo. "What the magazine has done is imagine how existing franchises would work with the Revolution controller, rather than actually seeing anything," a spokesperson told Eurogamer, adding: "It's all still speculation."

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62378

Twilight, you saved my day :bowdown:

I think Edjamakated's idea is quite good. I couldn't think of a better idea myself :)