NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
FighterO'Foo

A Tad Premature, Perhaps?

Take a gander at this fine bit of picturement:

tgs1.jpg

Yes, yes, it is a bit good, is it not? But look closer, closer still … can you see it? No. You cannot as it is not there.

What am I blabbering on about, you ask?

There is not a Revolution logo in sight. It seems that Nintendo are still dithering about just what the bladdy hell they are going to call the machine. They are still referring to it as Codename: Revolution, after all.

One hopes that this site has not been a little premature in naming itself after a codename. It might not be too bad, they could still keep the name 'Revolution.'

So, in light of this Revolution revelation, what do you think they will call the machine, if not Revolution, that is? Do you think the name it has now will suffice, or can you think of a better one? Is Revolution a little big-headed, perhaps? Is it a little too much to live up to?

Based on what we know about how the controller works I'd say it is revolutionary in the gaming experience it will deliver whether or not it proves to provide a revolution as respects to changing the publics and the industries views is another matter.

Personally I like the name Revolution, it sounds good, unlike Project Dolphin (the cubes name) which was rubbish!

Good. Revolution (name) sounds too boastful, and TBH a little childish.

I'm hoping they are going to return to the name N5. That was a cool codename. Hopefully they'll make it official.

I've already discussed this with friends and revolution europe is a great name no matter what revo will be called.

Revolution is a fine name and quite frankly I can't come up with a cool name for it. Nintendo Experience? Nah...

Revolution or N5, both i think are good suitible names for the console.

Also I think that the site should remain Revo-Europe no matter what the console ends up being called as I think it's a good name. Plus it means that it won't have to change it's name when the console after Rev is released

You make a good point. It's very unusual for a codename to end up being the final title for a console anyway, so chances are, Nintendo will be hard at work thinking up another name for the system.

You make a good point. It's very unusual for a codename to end up being the final title for a console anyway, so chances are, Nintendo will be hard at work thinking up another name for the system.

You say that but the DS's "codename" was the Nintendo Dual Screen and ended up being branded as the Nintendo DS.

You say that but the DS's "codename" was the Nintendo Dual Screen and ended up being branded as the Nintendo DS.

Actually, the codename was 'Nitro'. DS was a tentative name, but it's pretty unobtrusive and fairly apt.

I'd imagine the final name will relate to the controller in some way, something along the lines of 'Liberty' or some such.

wasn't the DS's codename nitro or somthing like that.

Edit. Aimless beat me to it.

I agree...N5 all the way (though it'll never happen)

It would just be cool because it's easier to say and sounds cooler that PS3 & 360*yawn*

No, the code name for the DS was simply the Nintendo DS. It was rumored that Nintendo was going to change the name to the Nintendo Nitro, but they stuck with the codename - DS.

I think Nintendo will stick with Revolution, but these days you never know with Nintendo.

Oh and the last thing it should be called is Nintendo 5. Nintendo is moving towards the future, not doing what Playstation is doing.

I hope they do stick with Revolution, it's an awesome name for a console, unlike Xbox 360 (where the hell did the 360 come from?).

As Fierce_Link said many times on CE, a revolution doesn't have to be something "revolutionary". Look at the logo on the top right of the forums, or a car's RPM meter.

I think it should be called Nintendo (insert whacky name here). That way everyone can call it what they wish.

As Fierce_Link said many times on CE, a revolution doesn't have to be something "revolutionary". Look at the logo on the top right of the forums, or a car's RPM meter.

Exactly. A revolution is 360 degrees, so imo it would be perfect to keep the name "Revolution" because of what the controller is capable of.

I'd be surprised if they did change it really. It's a great name.

No, the code name for the DS was simply the Nintendo DS. It was rumored that Nintendo was going to change the name to the Nintendo Nitro, but they stuck with the codename - DS.

You know, I'm pretty sure the original name was 'Nitro'. Why? Well, for one thing that was the name on the machine's leaked spec sheet. For another, you'll notice that the model codes on the DS and its paraphernalia start with 'NTR'. I could be wrong, but it makes sense to me.

They could call the final machine the Nintendo. No, I'm done.

Exactly. A revolution is 360 degrees, so imo it would be perfect to keep the name "Revolution" because of what the controller is capable of.

I'd be surprised if they did change it really. It's a great name.

why is a revolution 360 degrees? as stated in a fan made revolution movie, u just end up where u started by going 360 degrees :P right ? :yes:

i don´t care what they name it i´ll still call it Revo or Revolution spite of it´s name

Sign in to follow this