NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ReKonvicted

When are we going to get some Wii U games released?

I bought a Dreamcast for Soul Calibur, Sonic and Metropolis Street Race. I regret nothing.

Wacky Races is probably the best kart/crazy racing game ever made (I class Mario Kart DS as more technical than 'crazy').

really?? and not even shenmue?? shenmue was the best game i ever played, sega really should bring that game back.

Yeah, I liked Shenmue but it didn't blow me away - technically it was brilliant but essentially I just had more fun with the titles I listed (and for a bonus, they all exist in some form or other today).

You're an idiom!

Forgetting the fact that statement actually makes no sense, do you have anything constructive to add?

In response to the OP:

Is gaming really that big a part of your life that you felt the need to create this thread?

Are we talking 80% or maybe around 60%?

Not trying to make you look ridiculous here. It's just that I myself am not in a situation where I'll ever have to beg for games ever.

Forgetting the fact that statement actually makes no sense, do you have anything constructive to add?

bob's just having a laugh, it isn't anything personal. If it makes you feel better his avatar does mention that he's the biggest loser, ever.

(ok I added the ever bit, but it's true!)

As for the topic at hand, I'm quite inclined to agree. I'd have gotten a WiiU months ago were it not for a dastardly parking ticket I'm still trying to fight, but I'm starting to feel more and more glad by the day that I haven't - the lineup and the things I actually wanted are looking cack. I would have gotten Little Inferno - opted for PC instead. I would have probably gotten Scribblenauts Unlimited - delayed without a date. I would have gotten Pikmin - still no release in sight. I'd consider ZombiU just for being awesome, but worried I'd give up too easy so probably wouldn't. DarksidersII would have tempted me, but its price difference to already released versions didn't warrant it. Wonderful 101 might tempt me, but that's too far away too! Monster Hunter, that's still almost 2 months away assuming no delays! I'd only be getting it because I never got the Wii one, too.

But yeah, you're right. Nintendo suck.

In response to the OP:

Is gaming really that big a part of your life that you felt the need to create this thread?

Are we talking 80% or maybe around 60%?

Not trying to make you look ridiculous here. It's just that I myself am not in a situation where I'll ever have to beg for games ever.

No, gaming isn't a massive part of my life as I am a professional with a full time job and family. However, I do enjoy gaming as a means of recreation when time allows and having purchased a new console would like to have the opportunity to use it.

If you felt that I was 'begging' for games then, you may need to re-read my original post as you have obviously totally misinterpreted my point / issue.

I was voicing my dissatisfaction at the release titles and eshop support and questioning why / when this was going to improve.

If you are happy playing poor / broken ports of games which have been released months previously on other systems, happy with a basically empty eshop and have no problem with major game releases being delayed or even no date of release on the Wii U then that's fine, that's your opinion. Your feeling on my opinion doesn't make mine any less valid though, does it?

As for creating this thread, I doubt it took much more effort for me to do so then it did for you to reply in it.

Hope that has cleared up a few issues for you.

I feel like I was conditioned to wait for games by the N64 era too. Getting so close to Jet Force Gemini, only for it to be pushed back to make them grown up, Perfect Dark for god knows what reason (framerate maybe, which still didn't get sorted ;) ) Nintendo don't seem to go by the 'WE ARE RELEASING THIS BLOCKBUSTER ON THE XX OF XXXX 200X', more 'you'll get it when we are bloody ready'. Which can be a good or bad thing! :)

When you buy a console this early into it's life cycle, the joke's on you if you expect regularly using it. All consoles are shitty for the first couple of years, that's just how it goes... and it's also why I'll never buy a console at launch ever again... Paying more to play less makes little sense to me.

So you save 50 quid and finally end up playing it two years later. How tight can you be?

If you're going to buy a console eventually, why not just buy it at launch. Makes no difference except for the slight saving on your wallet, and you get to enjoy it from day 1.

If you felt that I was 'begging' for games then, you may need to re-read my original post as you have obviously totally misinterpreted my point / issue.

I was voicing my dissatisfaction at the release titles and eshop support and questioning why / when this was going to improve.

If you are happy playing poor / broken ports of games which have been released months previously on other systems, happy with a basically empty eshop and have no problem with major game releases being delayed or even no date of release on the Wii U then that's fine, that's your opinion. Your feeling on my opinion doesn't make mine any less valid though, does it?

Well, that's not really my opinion because I have yet to buy a WiiU:laughing:

I was referring to the fact that my backlog is so massive and filled with beautiful gems for the (3)DS, Wii and some PS3 games (and even some older classics for the GameCube and whatnot) that I don't see the need to be concerned about the eShop or delaying of releases.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't your OP end with 'When are the games coming???', which would imply that you are indeed in a need for games for the WiiU.

But, of course, I understand that if you've just bought a WiiU and finished the games you've played on it, you'd obviously be ready to buy something new.

Could you tell me what your backlog looks like?

The fact you don't own a Wii U does detract somewhat from your point as 'you' haven't spent hundreds of pounds on a product that, due to poor support, you are not able to enjoy to it's full potential. You aren't having to accept poor ports of old games and a basically non-existent games catalogue on the eshop etc, etc.

My games backlog on other platforms is totally irrelevant as I didn't buy a Wii U to play games on my PS3, PC, etc.

If your WiiU is gathering dust this fast, you should probably put the hoover round a bit more...
You shouldn't hoover electrical items, dusting clothes are the way forward! :p

Just twiddling my thumbs until this puppy comes out in just over a month's time...

monster_hunter3_ultimate_box.jpg

Me too, i have load of others to finish up but i keep looking at videos of this one and sighing lol, ive got it bad for Monster Hunter.

bob's just having a laugh, it isn't anything personal. If it makes you feel better his avatar does mention that he's the biggest loser, ever.

(ok I added the ever bit, but it's true!)

How rude!

At least i'm not an idiom.

And to contribute to the thread a bit more, here is when we are actually going to see some game releases:

u23do.png

RVlGS.png

Thanks @Murr!

Edited by 130131301364

So you save 50 quid and finally end up playing it two years later. How tight can you be?

If you're going to buy a console eventually, why not just buy it at launch. Makes no difference except for the slight saving on your wallet, and you get to enjoy it from day 1.

It's that crisis and austerity thing we have going on here in Portugal, that minor annoyance.

Plus, games and consoles are more expensive around here, and we don't have the kind of gaming market you guys have (I bought two used games for less than 20€ in London, and that's unthinkable here). I bet he won't even buy a new console, later on, he'll likely buy used, which will save him even more.

I'll be doing the same thing, really. Buying any gaming product at launch is only worth it for bundles and/or extras. If you do it later, you're already aware of what's worth playing, and the games you had not played will likely be cheaper, too.

You shouldn't hoover electrical items, dusting clothes are the way forward! :p

But what about all our electrical items then?

How rude!

At least i'm not an idiom.

And to contribute to the thread a bit more, here is when we are actually going to see some game releases:

Tbf most of anything good in there is vaguely dated, loser! :p

It's that crisis and austerity thing we have going on here in Portugal, that minor annoyance.

Plus, games and consoles are more expensive around here, and we don't have the kind of gaming market you guys have (I bought two used games for less than 20€ in London, and that's unthinkable here). I bet he won't even buy a new console, later on, he'll likely buy used, which will save him even more.

I'll be doing the same thing, really. Buying any gaming product at launch is only worth it for bundles and/or extras. If you do it later, you're already aware of what's worth playing, and the games you had not played will likely be cheaper, too.

I've always been shocked at how some of the foreign markets are with games. How much would a Wii U be setting you out over there?

Still breaks my heart seeing Scribblenauts down for Feb release, now it's an unknown release :(

Oh well... I was wanting to buy Tekken, so guess i'll get that now in the wait till Scribblenauts, Pikmin, W101 etc ...

Monster Hunter next month too is a good release.

@bob that's a very outdated list, though. Monster Hunter 3 now has a release date, and Rayman, Scribblenauts and Aliens have been delayed.

I love nintendo and i will support them no matter what, but they really have screwed up since launch

3 decent new games mario zombie and nintendoland

( ports dont count )

iwata better get another video ready

I love nintendo and i will support them no matter what, but they really have screwed up since launch

3 decent new games mario zombie and nintendoland

( ports dont count )

iwata better get another video ready

Why? Their last one was very sufficient.

It's up to third parties to reveal what they're doing, not Nintendo.

Why? Their last one was very sufficient.

It's up to third parties to reveal what they're doing, not Nintendo.

They did promise a Nintendo Direct for 3rd party games...

Guessing I am in the minority here, but am more than happy with my Wii U launch so far. Clocked up 10 hours play on the first day, 80+ in December, just under 80 in January too, and still have the COD single player campaign to play. I think maybe they made a mistake on launch with so many games being released, though having not touched my xbox since Arkham City still thinking ME3 is a good shout to pick up something, and the whole Rayman debacle just means I can pick up MH3 on Wii U and 3DS without sacrificng a wedding gift for my brother! :D

You are in the minority, but I completely agree with you. I for one don't have much time to game, so NintendoLand, Tank, Tank, Tank!, and ZombiU have, and will be, sufficient for some time to come. Plus I have Batman on the way, have preordered Lego City, and wish to pick up a few more when cheaper (like AC3 and ME3).

There are just too many games for me to choose from.

Sign in to follow this