NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Saints Row IV

Still think I preferred SR2, though SR3 was an enjoyable affair nonetheless, and still above average compared to most games I've played. Is there any sort of pics, footage etc about this yet though? Wonder somewhat how much it'll differ from SR3 really.

Still think I preferred SR2, though SR3 was an enjoyable affair nonetheless, and still above average compared to most games I've played. Is there any sort of pics, footage etc about this yet though? Wonder somewhat how much it'll differ from SR3 really.

"It may be out in August" is the only thing we know about the game.

Weren't they going to do superhero DLC for SR3?

That was apparently "too big" for DLC, so I assume that it is a large parts of SR4.

That was apparently "too big" for DLC, so I assume that it is a large parts of SR4.

I hope so. I'd love an open world superhero game.

Hope there'll be a Wii U version.
That'd certainly be nice.

I really enjoyed Saints Row 3 (first SR game I ever played), despite struggling with the keyboard/mouse control setup.

But yeah, I loved the character creation tools/customisation, and the crazy nature of the game in general. :grin: So would definitely be up for playing SR4.

I really hope that they'll do something about the flight mechanics in SR4.

Normaly, I love flying in games, but in SR2+3, it felt really broken. Planes behaved in strange ways, guns only fired remotely in the direction you want them to and the draw distance is awful.

Touché, Volition... touché.

This looks like it could be the game Crackdown 2 should have been.

Hilarious. And some people thought the Wii U would get next-gen games.

Nintendo are shit at making hardware. They'd make an absolute killing if they stopped restricting themselves.

Like Sega and Atari do?

Nintendo going 3rd party isnt the answer!!

Seriously, why not?

Their hardware is poor and it clearly distracts them from what they are brilliant at, and that is making games. Keep the handheld going, because there is clearly a need for that.

Sega and Atari aren't, and never were, even close to Nintendo in terms of quality.

I really can't be bothered with Saints Row any more, in a way I'm kind of glad it's not coming to the Wii U as it seems like a waste of time - to me - I get that it's outlandish, hilarious etc but it relies too much on its initial 'shock' value rather than being substantial. ::shrug:

[/rant]

Oh and with regard to Nintendo dropping out of the hardware business... No... just no.

The Wii U might not be selling as well as it should be right now but I'm still glad that I have one.

I really can't be bothered with Saints Row any more, in a way I'm kind of glad it's not coming to the Wii U as it seems like a waste of time - to me - I get that it's outlandish, hilarious etc but it relies too much on its initial 'shock' value rather than being substantial. ::shrug:

This one seems to be going for the "shock" value much, much less than Saints Row 3. Less "Hehe! Giant Purple Dildo" and more "look all the fun stuff you can do".

AWESOME!!! :D It looks like tons of fun, and more mental than ever, which is not a bad thing at all. The music kicks ass too, anyone know what the song is? It sounds so familiar...

It looks silly, but I'll still get it. There's something so unashamed about Saints Row, and I think it just really nailed being what it was without going too far in the wrong direction. I never played SR1, but I'm with Daft on this one that SR2 has so far been the pinnacle - but SR3 was still pretty good imo. This is going to be over the top, but I'll be getting it a few months down the line if/when it drops to £25ish.

Bit of a shame it isn't gonna go to Wii U. Personally I'd disagree on it being shit hardware from what I understand of it, though I would call the Wii U current genx1.5 and not next gen, it's a shame it won't get the good titles that 'last' gen still will.

lol well Saints Row 4 has a dubstep gun that makes all enemies dance to the drop and blows out car windows according to some tweets posted at gaf. GOTY.

Sounds like the Groovitron in Ratchet & Clank, except not as cool.

Sign in to follow this