NEurope
Retro_Link

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

I agree! I quite like the setting of this game, however in the past the Assassins Creed games have left me a little cold, I just haven't been bothered to try any of them. I'm tempted by AC3 simply because it's on the Wii U, however it would need a price drop before I decided to pick it up.

AC3 is always available somewhere for under £15, every time I see it i go to buy it and then remind myself that I have not even started Zombie U, Darksiders 2, Batman, Lego City or Black Ops 2. I really need to get these games done especially the ones that have sequels coming out soon.

Ubisoft confirms no DLC for Wii U ACIV

Season Pass not available for Nintendo's console.

Yesterday Ubisoft announced the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, revealing a new story, exclusive content and a 20 per cent discount.

We noticed then that Wii U wasn't mentioned anywhere on the press release, and this morning Gamereactor Germany contacted their representatives, who informed them that there'd be no DLC for the Wii U version of ACIV. Gamereactor UK has contacted Ubisoft's UK representatives, and are awaiting their response.

The Wii U version of Black Flag is to be released on November 22, alongside the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game, whereas the current-gen versions will launch on November 1.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/94044/Ubisoft+confirms+no+DLC+for+Wii+U+ACIV/

Another day, another gimped Wii U game.

It's not gimped. The full game is there, DLC is just extra. It's like saying that anybody that plays the PS4 game but doesn't buy DLC is also playing a gimped version. It's just silly.

You serious with that statement? Of course it's gimped. DLC is optional - but Wii U owners won't even have the choice of playing it. I suppose AC3 didn't get any DLC either like ME3?

I believe AC3 did get DLC. You can still download it now from the eshop. .

Im not bothered about no DLC. I werent gunna bother with DLC anyway and will only be getting this game when its cheap.

It's not gimped. The full game is there, DLC is just extra. It's like saying that anybody that plays the PS4 game but doesn't buy DLC is also playing a gimped version. It's just silly.

It is gimped. The wii u version is being treated as the 2nd class citizen again.

It just gives people another excuse to not buy the wii u version.

I'm sorry but if you buy into the WiiU version being "gimped" because it won't have DLC then you're just being stupid. It's unfortunate that it won't have DLC but that doesn't mean the game itself is gimped.

Like I said, if someone owns a next-gen version of the game but doesn't buy DLC that doesn't mean their game is gimped.

You're just being argumentative for the sake of it there. It's a stupid statement to make.

@kav82 is spot on.

A gimped version is a version that out of the box doesn't hold parity with other versions. For example, Sniper Elite VER 2.0 on Wii U was a gimped version because out of the box it lacked modes that were there on the PS3 and 360 versions.

However a game that out of the box is exactly the same on Wii U as it is on all other platforms is not gimped. Whether it offers DLC or not has no bearing, it is the same game out of the box on every platform. For example Black Ops 2 on the Wii U had everything the other versions had. So it was a full parity release. The fact Activision chose not to release DLC for that version has no bearing on what you get out of the box!

The point of this being, if you paid £40 for Sniper Elite on Wii U and £40 for Sniper Elite on the 360, the Wii U owner got a raw deal as they got less for their £40. However if you paid £40 for Black Ops 2 on the Wii U and £40 for Black Ops 2 on the 360 you got exactly the same content for your investment!

Whether games have additional paid content made available at a later date has no bearing on whether games are parity on release!

@kav82 is spot on.

A gimped version is a version that out of the box doesn't hold parity with other versions. For example, Sniper Elite VER 2.0 on Wii U was a gimped version because out of the box it lacked modes that were there on the PS3 and 360 versions.

However a game that out of the box is exactly the same on Wii U as it is on all other platforms is not gimped. Whether it offers DLC or not has no bearing, it is the same game out of the box on every platform. For example Black Ops 2 on the Wii U had everything the other versions had. So it was a full parity release. The fact Activision chose not to release DLC for that version has no bearing on what you get out of the box!

The point of this being, if you paid £40 for Sniper Elite on Wii U and £40 for Sniper Elite on the 360, the Wii U owner got a raw deal as they got less for their £40. However if you paid £40 for Black Ops 2 on the Wii U and £40 for Black Ops 2 on the 360 you got exactly the same content for your investment!

Whether games have additional paid content made available at a later date has no bearing on whether games are parity on release!

So you believe there being no DLC release has no bearing on whether someone decides to buy the game on wii u or another platform?

So you believe there being no DLC release has no bearing on whether someone decides to buy the game on wii u or another platform?

Did you not actually read his post?

I never said that!

What I said is that a parity version is when all platforms get exactly the same game with the same content on the disk. So that regardless of what platform you choose to get the game for you get the same content for your £40 investment!

If someone chooses to spend extra money at a later point to download extra content is a completely different matter.

Some people may well choose not to go for the Wii U version as they want to pay for DLC at a later date. However no one buying the disk on the Wii U will be short changed, as they got exactly the same content on that disk as the PS3 and 360 owners who bought the game on those platforms! For their £40 investment they got exactly the same value.

Wii U owners only get short changed (or get a 'gimped' version) when they pay the same price for a disk that has less content than what it would have had it been purchased for another system.

Cool Game has started shipping my Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag Skull Edition for Wii U

Should be getting this on Thursday. Though the lack of DLC almost swayed me to go back to the 360 for this series, I stayed true and hope I made the right decision. The GamePad is the thing that kept me here, plus better graphics (although framerate is apparently iffy, but I never really notice that unless it drops below 20)

Can't wait for this, although I think I enjoyed the wilderness from AC3 more than I will dig the Caribbean setting...

AC Egypt or Medieval would rock :)

Edit: got this a few hours :D

Just put my first hours in and

so far I like it. You get much faster into the storyline which I prefer already. The engine is similair up until this point, the characters still a bit flat and the graphics, well, I'm not sure. They are by no means bad, but it seems they've put some sort of smoothening layer over the character models which distracts me a lot actually.

::shrug:

Edited by markderoos
Automerged Doublepost

Cool Game has now shipped my Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag Skull Edition Wii U

Have fun with it! I'm very interested to hear what you think about the game :)

My copy from ShopTo also shipped.

Don't know when I'll get to it...will be juggling it and Zelda, and then Mario. May take me a while to finish

My copy from ShopTo also shipped.

Don't know when I'll get to it...will be juggling it and Zelda, and then Mario. May take me a while to finish

Did you order Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag Skull Edition

It arrived. Oddly, it came with Stars Catalogue points

There's a Day 0 update for it. It's 1GB. Jesus christ

1GB update for a Wii U game :p Don't think I have gotten any patches for PS3, not as I recall and definitively not 1GB.

lol what, it's predicting 5 hours to install the update. Now 9 minutes :p

Oh Ubisoft, you so crazy

This game is beautiful, but noticed a bit of screen tearing which is odd seeing as people were saying it's the more stable of the "current" gen versions