NEurope
Retro_Link

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Whale & shark hunting, underwater swimming, sailing in the sunset, Amazonian temples and Cubans cities circa 1700?

SOLD!

I'm very excited for this. Looks like it's shaping up to be a fantastic game.

Yeah, I'll be picking this up... I still need to get AC3 mind! Haha

Yeah, I'll be picking this up... I still need to get AC3 mind! Haha

Yeah, me too. Still waiting for a good price point for AC3. This and ME3 have kept their price up, whilst Batman (one of the best games I've played on the WiiU yet) dropped rather quickly. Maybe after the 2nd tranche of quality titles is released then a price drop may rear its head.

AC3 continues to be my favourite Wii U game. The open nature of it massively appealed to me, taking away the focus on just being an assassin. I found it more RDR and GTA than the previous iterations giving it a feeling of freedom far greater than the previous editions.

This seems to be going in the same direction. Amen to that.

The assassination elements are great but when you've the opportunity to create settings from human history in fine detail - it's an opportunity for more than just assassinating surely. The rich backdrops are now coming to the fore which, in my opinion is expanding the AC games.

I do find it amusing that the main complaints about the game so far (often both from the same people) are

- They're making the same game yet again.

- This is too different for Assassin's Creed.

I'll pick it up too. The first previews I've read made me want it, and it does look interesting. Also, the ending to III makes me wonder how this'll work out. Hopefully it'll be less action outside the Animus - I never really liked that. I also hope that they open up assassination a bit more again, in III it was more like hit'n'run whereas in I and II you had to plan a bit ahead.

However, I do think they should have waited a year more to release it. Just so III wasn't so fresh. They made us believe that III would end the series so announcing a IV so soon was a bit of a shocker. That's actually my main gripe with this game.

One thing I must say about this series is that I think the whole future part of the game is just a load of bollocks and the story is a bit pants.

I'd rather a different story completely set in the past time periods of each game. None of this animus bollocks!

Assassin's Creed is like having sex with a beautiful girl, and every time you orgasm and just want to roll over and take a nap, she immediately jumps onto your penis again.

Assassin's Creed is like having sex with a beautiful girl, and every time you orgasm and just want to roll over and take a nap, she immediately jumps onto your penis again.

Wait...am I playing it wrong?

One thing I must say about this series is that I think the whole future part of the game is just a load of bollocks and the story is a bit pants.

I'd rather a different story completely set in the past time periods of each game. None of this animus bollocks!

I agree! I quite like the setting of this game, however in the past the Assassins Creed games have left me a little cold, I just haven't been bothered to try any of them. I'm tempted by AC3 simply because it's on the Wii U, however it would need a price drop before I decided to pick it up.

ShopTo have strangely removed the Wii U version from their database. If you pre-ordered, it's still there, but otherwise it can't be found

New trailer showing off actual footage of the game. Have to say I wasn't too bothered at first about this game after number three, but the idea of pirates and ship sailing is tempting me...

At least he wears a hood, unlike Aveline in Liberation. Thankfully, you can buy one for her. Assassins are supposed to wear hoods, woman! :blank:

Locations and Activities - 10 Minute Gameplay Walkthrough | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [uK]

Locations and Activities - 10 Minute Gameplay Walkthrough | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [uK]

Looks great. Can't wait :)

As much as AC3 annoys me is it reyt weird that im looking forward to this game?

So my initial thoughts after starting AC3 were that I'd not bother getting this one at all. AC3 was such a pain to play at first. Needless gameplay (just walking to a point) followed by a cutscene, repeatedly, in the opening couple hours of the game. It was infuriating!

After further play and finally upon completion of the game, I'm now lookin forward to this. AC3's story eventually won me round but I still thought it a pain to play.

I just hope that Black Flag does away with a lot of the nonsense that AC3 was plagued with (walk to a point, cutscene, walk to another point, cutscene... rinse and repeat).

Also, the setting does look gorgeous!

Ubisoft has today announced a round of DLC and an accompanying season pass for Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, but the reveal excludes the Wii U.

Platforms confirmed in the press release for EMEA territories were PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC — the North American equivalent didn't list platforms — which obviously suggest that Nintendo's system will miss out. If this is indeed the case, it would perhaps help explain the rather vague response we received when querying DLC on Wii U in our interview with Wii U Project Manager Robin Lavallée, in which he declined to give a comment.

Only some of the DLC has been outlined to date, but in North America the season pack will cost $19.99 and offer an overall discount of 20%. Below are the details on the included three hour+ single player adventure and additional content on the way.

Freedom Cry: Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard the Jackdaw as Captain Edward Kenway’s second-in-command. Fifteen years later, Adewale has become a trained assassin and finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue with no weapon nor crew, starting a new adventure of his own.

The Exclusive Kraken Ship Pack – Only available to Season Pass owners, this pack includes personalization elements for the Jackdaw

New ways to personalize the player’s pirate experience – Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles

More Multiplayer Mayhem – Unlock new characters for an even more expansive multiplayer experience

We've followed up with Ubisoft to confirm if the Wii U is, as indicated, missing out on DLC for this title.

Not a fan of AC but for those who are it sux if you want the Wii U version.

Not a fan of AC but for those who are it sux if you want the Wii U version.

I'll still get the game because the content is worth the price for me.

Too bad, but I guess the Wii U userbase seems too small to make DLC worthwhile for Ubisoft?