NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Falcon

Half-Life/Portal: The Movie

Gamesindustry have posted this article about a rather unusual colloboration that has been announced at DICE 2013.

Gabe Newell (he of Valve fame) and JJ Abrams (he of new Star Trek, new Star Wars and some crap about a bunch of idiots on a desert island who knew more the story than the script writers who hadn't come up with it yet, fame) took to the stage to discuss the merits of story telling.

After a great deal of waffling on, they concluded that the best way to demonstrate the insection of their story telling abilities was to actually make a story... or rather a film.

So which will it be, Half-Life or Portal? They didn't say but given they both take place in the same universe (Black Mesa and Apperture science) it will likely draw parallels with both.

Maybe this will be the new format for the Episode 3 that never was or at least tie into it given the ending of Episode 2 and fill in a few gaps after a release of Half Life 3? That's the kind of wild speculation that goes from rumour to report in 2 citations so look out for it on every website going in about 30 minutes as categorical fact.

I prefer Half Life to Portal as games (even I love both). But Portal will definitely suit a movie better as Half Life is so cinematic I think a movie would just ruin what I think of it.

Plus Portal would be funny.

A film set in between episode 2 and HL3 would be an awful idea. The Seven Year War or side-story would be great.

For Portal, setting when GLaDOS turns on everyone would be a good idea.

A film set in the same world could be anything, or anything else in between! Could be a sit-com set in australia where tehy've been cut-off from the rest of the world and nobody knows why.

Sign in to follow this