How big is your backlog  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your backlog

• Zero - I don't buy a game until I'm ready to sit down and beat it
    • 1-5 - I only ever have a few games queued up to play
    • 6-20 - I could probably clear it out if I played for a few weeks straight
    • 21-99 - I've got many months of play ahead to clear it out
    • Over 100 - I think I may have a problem

So @Rummy got the idea of having and discussing the Gamefaqs Daily Poll so all credits to him but he never got around to making a second poll/thread. I thought today's poll would be interesting to discuss seeing as it is at least ten people mentioning their backlog in every single thread about whatever the lasted released game is :p

So How big is your backlog?

I actually don't think I have that many games that I haven't even started on, and those would probably be PS Plus games. Most of them are games that I have started on with various degrees of completion but got sidetracked with other games/life.

Edited by Tales

In terms of games i actually intend/want to complete, i'd say around 6-8 games.

If it was actually games that i hadn't yet completed, then it would be well into double figures.....

Including all the steam sale and humble bundle games....probably over 100.

My Backloggery says 11, but I realise I can't (or don't want to) beat some of them, so the 1-5 option would be the most fitting for me (I still voted for the next option, though)

I always try to beat or complete the games I have. Thinking with my wallet, yes, but I also find myself with less time than I'd like to play games, so I end up playing few of them.

Including all the steam sale and humble bundle games....probably over 100.

haha, yerp... stupid steam sale.. *grumble*

I say 1 to 5 but that's being realistic. I have a massive backlog which I know I will never be bothered to play.

Between Playstation Plus and Steam, although mostly the former because I stopped buying stuff off Steam, I literally have over 100 games waiting to not be played.

In my 'realistically finashable' list are:

Halo 4

Far Cry 3

Halo CE Anniversary

Borderlands 2 (DLC)

Harry Potter Lego 1-4

In the 'games i would like to complete but probably never will':

Skyward Sword

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Prototype

Red Dead Redemption

GTAIV

And that's just from the past year or two. I've given up on older games - will most definately never get round to beating them.

My backlog isn't that big if we're only counting games that I own. But if we're also counting games that I don't own but want to get at some point, I could probably list several dozen. :heh:

But that's probably because I only own nintendo systems

Well, at least the lack of games is good for something! ;)

I have a couple of games I'm replaying as part of unlockable bonus modes, about 6-7 which I'm part way through but have yet to beat but there are only two games I own that I am yet to start and that's because one is a sequel to game I'm part way through and the other was gift that I only recently got.

When I just stuck to console gaming, both releases and my interest was sparse enough that this rarely ever happened but thanks to the wonders of Steam, I'm starting to slip into that deadly trap...

There are lots of games I want to play but I just need the money to buy them and time to play them!

My backlog isn't that big if we're only counting games that I own. But if we're also counting games that I don't own but want to get at some point, I could probably list several dozen. :heh:

There are lots of games I want to play but I just need the money to buy them and time to play them!

This is me.

I'm suffering similar to others from new media like steam, humble bundle, essentially digital distribution with a cheap price tag. Counting those I'm probably in the 21-99 bracket, maybe even the over 100 if we mean backlog in an uncomplete sense? In terms of console/handheld though; I'd say I'm about 6-20, but I'm thinking about sealed/games I've played none or less than an hour or two of. In terms of being 100% complete, then I'm certainly in the 21-99 there too.

There's a few from Xbox Live - Fez sticks out as one I should probably finish. There's also Machinarium on my mac and Left 4 Dead 2, although I hesitate to include that because my Mac can barely run the fucking thing :heh:

I voted 21-99. Not going to say what the number is but it's miles closer to 99 than 21 and yet I keep buying more. Honestly, I've been told many times I have an addiction. I like it though, it's a hobby and a collection that might be worth something some day.

Shouls something like this include games I don't own but want to eventually play or just games I own but haven't completed?

Also, do games we don't intend to complete count?

It's games you own, should complete, but keep putting off in favour of new games.

I must have at least a dozen. If it wasn't for Dark Souls, I might have halved that by now...

Edited by Shorty

I'll have to work out how many unfinished games I actually want to complete.

In the current pile, i have

• Halo 4
  • NBA 2K13*
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Witcher II
  • Skyrim
  • Assassins Creed III
  • Pokemon White II
  • New Super Mario Bros II
  • Skyward Sword (don't ask)

In the replay pile, i have

• Mass Effect III
  • Fable II

*Realistically, would take sometime to beat. It's one to play if i get tired of shooting people/creatures

If i focused, i could clear one, maybe 2 over this weekend. Skyrim would take forever, so many side-quests.

Lol Halo 4, I've apparently clocked about 80hrs on that now and not even touched the campaign! Not sure if I will. I'd forgotten about Fable II, too! One day I'll get back to it/get Fable III too. Seems so crazy to think how I once would have had so much time to just play play play!

It's games you own, should complete, but keep putting off in favour of new games.

So that's what it means...

Usually I refer to my backlog as the games I'm still looking to buy AND play.

Thus, I voted 1-5, because I have quite the list of games I want to buy, but I usually only buy something new once I've finished a game that I own.

I'm usually very good at completing any game I start playing, because I know that as soon as you decide to take a break from a game, you're never going to play it again.

So then you end up with games like Hotel Dusk, which I decided to take a break from nearly four years ago and had to start over from the beginning when I finally decided to get back to it this year. I could just... not finish games, I guess, but that bothers me more than slogging through a game I'm not really enjoying.

So, I decided to do a list of the unfinished games that I would like to finish at some point

PC:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

And Yet It Moves

Bastion

The Binding of Isaac

Crysis

DiRT Showdown

Skyrim DLC

Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Far Cry 3

Half-Life + Expansions

Metro 2033

Portal 2 Co-op

Psychonauts

Saints Row The Third

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Adacemy

Star Wars Republic Commando

Star Wars Starfighter

Trine

The Witcher 2

360:

Darksiders (I actually own this on 360, PS3 and PC)

LIMBO

Sonic Adventure

Sonic 4 Episode 2

Child of Eden

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Vanquish

PS3:

Borderlands 2

Ratched & Clank: A Crack in time

Motorstorm Apocalypse

InFamous 2

Sleeping Dogs