NEurope
Eenuh

February Draw-a-Day 2013

I want to see more stuff from people, too! It doesn't matter if you've missed a few days. Just try your best! Even if all you have to show at the day's end is a work in progress, it's still probably better than the junk I'm posting. =P

FebDay12.png

Impressive Hiding!

A different page, not bad!

But I still found you~.

I'm sorry you guys, it's just that most of my time ends up studying. I have such a tight schedule it's insane.

I shall definitely try do get something done in the weekends, though I cannot guarantee it.

I'm working on something sort of big though (making a work with pastels), but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it in February, but I might post a snapshot of it in progress then. But only if I deem the progress worthy of being shown :3

Even if all you have to show at the day's end is a work in progress, it's still probably better than the junk I'm posting. =P

Would you artistic geniuses stop belittling your own talents already! X3

Well, I can post the assignment I just did this weekend. Does that count? :heh:

Assignment in what? If it's creative, then yes! Anything, every day or not(though the idea is to push yourself) - post stuff! Was really hoping @Magnus might contribute this year after his excellent stuff last year, but one can only hope.

(i realise how hypocritical it is for me to say for folks to post stuff when i do not, but creative is one of my most weakest sides)

Assignment in what? If it's creative, then yes! Anything, every day or not(though the idea is to push yourself) - post stuff! Was really hoping @Magnus might contribute this year after his excellent stuff last year, but one can only hope.

(i realise how hypocritical it is for me to say for folks to post stuff when i do not, but creative is one of my most weakest sides)

Hardly, it's just a bunch of Latin grammar questions and translations. :p

Since I am very very tired, here is a quicker one. Now I can go and rest, yay!

autumnwind.jpg

Would you artistic geniuses stop belittling your own talents already! X3

I know that's a popular thing for artists to do, but I genuinely am a novice, especially when compared to other artists on n-e. There's a lot of things that I struggle with, and I could never do stuff like the images in this post with my skills for example. It probably takes me longer to draw my stuff than it takes for Ine to do these quick images of hers, haha.

It doesn't really bother me that much though, I can accept that there are people much more skilled than I am. They've put much more time into becoming better artists after all! If you enjoy my stuff too though, thanks. =P

FebDay13.png

Playing with Portals!

Man, this sure makes me hungry...

Hope I get some cake!

Since I am very very tired, here is a quicker one. Now I can go and rest, yay!

autumnwind.jpg

Just out of interest, how quick is 'quicker'? Cos it still looks amazing.

I know that's a popular thing for artists to do, but I genuinely am a novice, especially when compared to other artists on n-e. There's a lot of things that I struggle with, and I could never do stuff like the images in this post with my skills for example. It probably takes me longer to draw my stuff than it takes for Ine to do these quick images of hers, haha.

It doesn't really bother me that much though, I can accept that there are people much more skilled than I am. They've put much more time into becoming better artists after all! If you enjoy my stuff too though, thanks. =P

FebDay13.png

Playing with Portals!

Hope I get some cake!

Ahhh, but this is the sort of thing that is beauty of art in some ways. It isn't just how much time it takes you/what you put in, but how it's appreciated and received! This for example is in perfect context imo, the name is draw a day and in that drawings/'standard' paper art is expected; yet you're bridging in to paper-craft, poetry and essentially delivering something different but still artistic - and that's brilliant! It's not to say those that aren't are worth less though, it's the fact that each person's got their style etc. I loved seeing Magnus's clayworks(did I mention this already :p?) for last year's, despite the 'draw' theme. What made it fantastic is that it was kinda more a 'create-a-day' - and so many people stepped up to it!

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Just out of interest, how quick is 'quicker'? Cos it still looks amazing.

Hmmm, I think this took about 2 hours? Not counting in the sketch, as that was done at work. So the linework and colouring took about 2 hours. Whereas some of the others have taken me up to 3-4 hours. But I guess it all depends on how fast I work, how much I concentrate on it etc. And the more linework there is, the longer it will take me I guess. I don't know. =P

*is a slow artist*

FebDay13.png

Playing with Portals!

Hope I get some cake!

But I'm not talking about your drawing, I'm talking about your amazing creativity in combining 2D drawings with 3D ... well, real life. :heh: It's so effectful. And then you add cream on top with your poems! :p

Super tired and having an artist's block (where I have ideas to draw but can't get them on paper, argh), so here is a very simple one.

Halfway! Yay!

paperplane.jpg

I appreciate your thoughts @Dannyboy\-the\-Dane, heh. It's nice to hear what you think. I do like at least some of the stuff I've made, but I know that there's still a lot of room for me to improve. I'm not really thinking, "My stuff isn't good enough!", but rather, "How can I make my stuff better/stand out?" Hopefully if I can find ways to answer that question, I'll be able to create stuff that you will like more than the stuff you've seen so far, heh.

It might even lead to the return of the Advent comics. Who knows!

FebDay14.png

It's the halfway point!

Hey! You can't take a break, now!

There's still two more weeks!

This one is kind of a call back to an image I did last year. I prefer last year's image. =P

Edited by Sprout

Aliens_zps243cfe54.jpg

Alien Vanity. (I cut myself with lazers)

That distant drum,

That whirling tongue.

I took myself to another dimension,

I loathed what I saw.

So instead, I broke the connection,

and kissed myself no more.

But I'm not talking about your drawing, I'm talking about your amazing creativity in combining 2D drawings with 3D ... well, real life. :heh: It's so effectful. And then you add cream on top with your poems! :p

I just realised "effectful" isn't a word. I don't know why I thought it was.

I appreciate your thoughts @Dannyboy\-the\-Dane, heh. It's nice to hear what you think. I do like at least some of the stuff I've made, but I know that there's still a lot of room for me to improve. I'm not really thinking, "My stuff isn't good enough!", but rather, "How can I make my stuff better/stand out?" Hopefully if I can find ways to answer that question, I'll be able to create stuff that you will like more than the stuff you've seen so far, heh.

It might even lead to the return of the Advent comics. Who knows!

FebDay14.png

It's the halfway point!

Hey! You can't take a break, now!

There's still two more weeks!

This one is kind of a call back to an image I did last year. I prefer last year's image. =P

Nah, yes we all need to improve etc. but DrawaDay isn't quite about that. It is, but it isn't. DrawADay is about doing something, daily(you'd never do that otherwise, right?) and going with it, whatever it is. Every thing you make is another step in the creative process, and forcing yourself to produce something IS another step in quality improvement - draw a thousand things and at least one is bound to be greatness - if not a lot more being rather good!

So um, yeah... I kinda failed at this challenge. :heh:

Good to see @Sprout & @Eenuh keeping up with the daily drawing though. icon14.gif

I'll try to get a few more done before the month is over. :)

So um, yeah... I kinda failed at this challenge. :heh:

Good to see @Sprout & @Eenuh keeping up with the daily drawing though. icon14.gif

I'll try to get a few more done before the month is over. :)

I am struggling though. =P

Have to force myself to keep drawing now haha. And I can't always think of things to draw, or when I do think of something, I can't seem to get it on paper. Today was another of those days, so again I did something simple.

Winter is ending, Spring is coming!

winter.jpg

Nah, yes we all need to improve etc. but DrawaDay isn't quite about that. It is, but it isn't. DrawADay is about doing something, daily(you'd never do that otherwise, right?) and going with it, whatever it is. Every thing you make is another step in the creative process, and forcing yourself to produce something IS another step in quality improvement - draw a thousand things and at least one is bound to be greatness - if not a lot more being rather good!

Oh, my last comment was speaking generally, not specifically regarding the Draw-a-Day. I should have been more clear about that, heh. I know I'm not gonna improve significantly in the space of a month. I'm mostly doing it so I'm doing something productive with my days which, yeah, is a plus! Oh, and I'm also doing it to make sure Ine isn't the only one taking part. =P

It's really hard coming up with something everyday though! Not sure if I can last the whole month...

FebDay15.png

When I was a child...

I played in cardboard boxes.

I'm the best racer!

Oh, my last comment was speaking generally, not specifically regarding the Draw-a-Day. I should have been more clear about that, heh. I know I'm not gonna improve significantly in the space of a month. I'm mostly doing it so I'm doing something productive with my days which, yeah, is a plus! Oh, and I'm also doing it to make sure Ine isn't the only one taking part. =P

It's really hard coming up with something everyday though! Not sure if I can last the whole month...

FebDay15.png

When I was a child...

I played in cardboard boxes.

I'm the best racer!

Totally reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes. :D

FebDay16.png

You can't win this fight!

I've got the advantage, see?

Paper beats rock! Ha!

Having limbs is also probably an advantage.

When we were little, my sisters and I would love to slide down our staircase on pillows and big teddy bears. This would often result in bruises and an angry dad, but we kept trying to do it whenever he wasn't around. =P

staircase.jpg

tumblr_mi9r4mPbln1rggos5o1_500.gif

heheh this would be my date for June 14th :p

Gosh this thread is so so so amazing! I love all your drawings guys! And @Sprout & @Eenuh, great job keeping up so far, it's a pleasure to see!

Does Frits still teach there? He always kinda scared me haha.

Yup still there haha, hasn't changed :p

Edited by M_rock