NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ReKonvicted

A Few Questions :)

Hiya all.

just got myself a shiny new black Wii U and have a few questions please.

With regards to the store, is it set to be updated regularly like PS Store / XBL Store? If so is there a designated day of the week / date of the month it is scheduled for?

Also, I was expecting loads of awesome retro games to play via the Virtual Console thingy (I never had a Wii but heard loads about it) so, was very disappointed to see that there is only one retro game on the store :( Anyway, is the Wii U likely to get the Virtual Console? Or, if I was to buy a cheap original Wii, buy the games on that then transfer them over - would that work?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Also, does the Wii U play Gamecube games :)

Edited by ReKonvicted

Hiya all.

just got myself a shiny new black Wii U and have a few questions please.

With regards to the store, is it set to be updated regularly like PS Store / XBL Store? If so is there a designated day of the week / date of the month it is scheduled for?

Also, I was expecting loads of awesome retro games to play via the Virtual Console thingy (I never had a Wii but heard loads about it) so, was very disappointed to see that there is only one retro game on the store :( Anyway, is the Wii U likely to get the Virtual Console? Or, if I was to buy a cheap original Wii, buy the games on that then transfer them over - would that work?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Also, does the Wii U play Gamecube games :)

1. The eShop will update on Thursdays. There might be weeks where there are no updates, though.

2. The Wii U eShop only has one game, but there will be more on the way. You can also go to the original Wii Shopping Channel via Wii U's Wii Mode, and buy them there. Of course, those games cannot be played on the GamePad.

3. GameCube games do not run on Wii U.

Thanks very much for that Andy.

Didn't know the Wii U had a original Wii / shop mode - looks like that's the way forward then. Going to have to get myself the Wii controllers then.

Thanks again :)

The wii u is getting its own virtual console. It's rolling out a game a month for 6 months at 30p - bargain! Then the VC store is launching officially from spring.

I would say DON'T buy any wii VC games as you have to pay to upgrade to the wii u version - which allows you to play solely on the gamepad and customise controls and such.

Pretty much what dazzybee said, if you can hold off until June/July you will see a lot of the current VC games ported accross, if you have a title you just cant wait for though buy it by all means but if you want to play on the WiiU gamepad later on you will need to pay one or two pounds to upgrade it. Although, there is nothing to say you have to move your VC games accross, there are plenty of games for me (Donkey Kong Country for instance) that are no longer available so i will always have to play those game using the Wii front end.

I think it's worth for everyone to bear in mind that we have no idea at what rate Virtual Console games will be released on Wii U. We also don't know how many of Wii's hundreds of Virtual Console games Nintendo is ultimately even planning on bringing out on the Wii U VC. It obviously takes some time and resources to create the new version. All I'm saying is don't expect a steady stream of dozens of Wii U VC games per month.

I'd say if you're desperate for some gaming action, get on Wii Mode and download from the original store. As these people have said, you could wait until the official VC is unleashed in June/July but it will take a very long time to get the huge amount of amazing titles on the Wii VC on the Wii U VC.

It just depends how much you want to play on the GamePad!

Here's a Classic Controller Pro for under £6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Pro-Controller-Black-Wii/dp/B007KLYX64/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359569895&sr=8-3

I just ordered one, so give it a few days and I can tell you if it's good quality (I'm only dubious because of the low-low price :P)

You'll need a Wiimote to stick it into, but if you're not gonna play any actual Wii games just get yourself a cheap third party one, the classic controller is all that matters!

That pad looks really good to be honest so please do let me know how you get on with it.

I have about 4000 points on my Stars account (Not bad for only having it a week lol) so may just get some Wii points and download some VC content (theres slim pickings in that catalogue fair play - only DSi accessories, general tat and Wii points lol - shame there's no eShop vouchers).

I could always buy / upgrade any games as they come onto the Wii U store.

Thanks for the info guys.

Sign in to follow this