NEurope
tapedeck

What HD remakes do you want on Wii U?

Once again, the same could be said for Wind Waker. But I do agree with what you're saying, they could be spending time, money and resources on far more productive projects.

Yes it could. But you're kinda barking up the wrong tree with the Wind Waker one. Go check out the Dolphin video I posted of it. Most useless remake ever? I'd argue so... it's only being remade to keep the Zelda clamouring to a minimum.

@Cube Yeah, it's quite depressing that we're prob never gonna get a sequel to that one, the original was just amazing :/

The 32 bit consoles should have been 2D consoles, and that's that (imo, obviously).

Very true. I really think we lost out on some excellent sprite games because almost everyone used polygons as soon as they became available.

Hybrid Heaven HD come on someone make it happen!

i totally forgot about that game, yes someone make it happen

i totally forgot about that game, yes someone make it happen

How can you forget about Hybrid Heaven, you should be ashamed of yourself :laughing:

How can you forget about Hybrid Heaven, you should be ashamed of yourself :laughing:

lol yes i realy do :P

that game was brilliant

lol yes i realy do :P

that game was brilliant

Bloody right it was I played that game to death, my first playthrough of it is to this day one of my favourite gaming memories.

Jet Force Gemini... LOVED that game!

Now that 4J Studios have that silly Minecraft thing out of the way, I hope they hurry up and get started on Jet Force Gemini.

I tried to love that game I really did but it was just meh :hmm:

Once again, the same could be said for Wind Waker. But I do agree with what you're saying, they could be spending time, money and resources on far more productive projects.

I'd consider HD-Remakes to fill the "cash cow" slot in their lineup. And I'll rather see Nintendo remake all their classic games in HD to earn a quick buck, than watching yet another E3 where Nintendo make a desperate attempt at making the next "Wii *insert random word here*" seem to be anything to care about.

If Nintendo don't want to make sequels, then please remake Waverace 64, Pilotwings 64 and Mario Kart 64 in HD. With online modes. Because to be honest, these 15 year old games are far superior to nearly anything Nintendo have put out over the last 5 years. Even the graphics in Wii Sports impress me less than WR64 and PW64! Complete list of good Nintendo (home console) games over the last 5 years= Mario Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword.

I'd consider HD-Remakes to fill the "cash cow" slot in their lineup. And I'll rather see Nintendo remake all their classic games in HD to earn a quick buck, than watching yet another E3 where Nintendo make a desperate attempt at making the next "Wii *insert random word here*" seem to be anything to care about.

If Nintendo don't want to make sequels, then please remake Waverace 64, Pilotwings 64 and Mario Kart 64 in HD. With online modes. Because to be honest, these 15 year old games are far superior to nearly anything Nintendo have put out over the last 5 years. Even the graphics in Wii Sports impress me less than WR64 and PW64! Complete list of good Nintendo (home console) games over the last 5 years= Mario Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword.

But you're forgetting Wii Chess, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Wii Play, Wii Sports. They're all Wii Cheap and Wii Lazy. Also Skyward Sword belongs in the cluster of games I just mentioned.

I'd love to see a full remake of Wii Sports personally.

I loved the first game and it'd be great to see all the sports revisited in a remake but with added extras, and more modes to choose from.

To be honest, we might even get this as a Wii U game which would be great! Add to that some HD visuals and I'm sold!

I mean it would be very easy for Nintendo to do this anyway, as it's such a lazy title with no effort, thought or creativity required to make it. It's just a collection of shit thrown onto a disc really quickly so it'll be dead easy for them to just churn out. :indeed: Hillarious stuff.

Complete list of good Nintendo games on the Wii:

Wii Sports

Excite Truck

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Super Paper Mario

Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Battalion Wars 2

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Super Mario Galaxy

Link's Crossbow Training

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Mario Kart Wii

Wii Fit

Wario Land: Shake It!

Animal Crossing: City Folk

New Play Control! Pikmin

Punch-Out!!

Wii Sports Resort

Metroid Prime: Trilogy

Wii Fit Plus

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Metroid: Other M

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition

Pandora's Tower (Japan and PAL only)

Kirby's Return to Dream Land

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Xenoblade Chronicles

New Play Control! Pikmin 2

Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition

Yep, the Wii was just totally bereft of decent titles from Nintendo. Let's hope we never see any of the above again!!!

Forgot "The Last Story", Zechs. Thought you liked/loved that game?

Also, did Pandora's Tower not get a US release? :( I thought they were getting/got that after that whole Operation Rainfall thing

Loved being the key word. I tried playing this again just this month and man it hasn't aged well at all. I used to love it as a kid as well. :(

Forgot "The Last Story", Zechs. Thought you liked/loved that game?

Also, did Pandora's Tower not get a US release? :( I thought they were getting/got that after that whole Operation Rainfall thing

I don't know how I missed that, I loved it! I think I missed Endless Ocean as well. To be fair, others would also include games like Wii Music and Wii Party.

Might as well include Excitebots as well. Shame we didn't get it, but it does exist.

Games i would really like for the eshop, if they remake the VC games, like nes and snes/sega games into 2D HD games, i would love to see a game like probotector coming back in a new coat, the original streetfighter in HD redrawn etc that would be worth my money. they can hire a special team to do stuff like that. (but that is just my thought.

Loved being the key word. I tried playing this again just this month and man it hasn't aged well at all. I used to love it as a kid as well. :(

The biggest problem with it are the controls. Sort that, and I think it would help a lot.

That's why a HD remake would be brilliant, to bring it up to today's standards.

The biggest problem with it are the controls. Sort that, and I think it would help a lot.

Yeah, it was so clunky without a second stick. I just couldn't get to grips with it.