NEurope
bob

Citizenship test.

It really should be less about the country and more about etiquette and stuff useful to know, covering stuff like:

- Currency

- Road safety (knowing our traffic signals/road signs from a pedestrian perspective).

- Public transport (how/when to pay, how to let the driver know you want to get off, which ones you can eat on).

- Laws specific to our country (the obvious ones, not obscure/out of date ones).

- English

I think if you want to do a practice run of the old test, you can do it here:

http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk/

That one seems even more ridiculous and pointless. No clue how some of those questions would contribute to a better integration into UK society.

Wow, that was...hard. 9/24 (38%).

I agree that it should be more about the law, general rules/common sense and the language. From what I understand, you need to have lived in the UK for 5 years before you can apply (or 3 years if your husband/wife is a British national), so you would already have a grasp of most of these things just from having lived here I think.

In Denmark we had (and may still have, I'm actually not sure what the current standing is) a ridiculous test under the previous government, thanks to their lovely supporting party, the nationalistic Danish People's Party. As a foreigner you needed to pass this test, which was about more or less completely pointless knowledge of Denmark, to even be allowed to stay in Denmark; most Danes weren't able to pass it.

10/10. How are you (English) people getting it wrong?

I know it was on the news and it had to be over 50(longest ruling monarch)

Actually she's only second longest. Queen Vic holds the record with 64.

So we went from a test full of pointless trivia, to a ridiculously easy test? (11/24)

For the record, in Norway we only require people to pass a language test, with between 250 and 550 hours of language training plus 50 hours of education in Norwegian society. After looking around, I don't think the latter has a test.

I agree that it should be more about the law, general rules/common sense and the language. From what I understand, you need to have lived in the UK for 5 years before you can apply (or 3 years if your husband/wife is a British national), so you would already have a grasp of most of these things just from having lived here I think.

25 years and I got 42% :heh:

But frankly, it asks stuff about kids and driving and neither of those things are important to me.

10/10 in the easy one though.

I got 9/10, got the jury service age wrong.

I may have took an educated guess at the landmark & admiral ones though....

Got 6/10.

-No idea about the name of the guy whose statue stands in Trafalgar

-Didn't even know Poppy was the name of a flower. Got that one wrong

-The 2nd Party question was a trick question, I hope. "The Opposition", I swear...

-Had no idea about the jury question. Guessed 21, I thought it should be older than 18, at least.

Also, even I know that the Scottish Flag bears the St.Andrew's cross. I learned that in english class.

Regarding the other one, I got 10/24.

I got pretty much all of them wrong. At the end the quiz told me to go home (to another country) and be a family man.

9/10, to be fair I guessed the first 2 completely.. got a bit lucky :P of all the questions I could have gotten wrong, I got the one about the Queen's Jubilee wrong.. wow.

Knew some, guessed some and got 9/10 (I almost picked the right answer on the Speaker question). Some of them were so easy I suspected they might be trick questions.

This test is so weird. When my friend was studying for it, she mentioned some of the questions and I thought she was joking. I don't think we have an equivalent.

I got 5/10 =__=