NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Phase Three

I literally just bought a collection of Dr.Strange stories alongside a Sherlock Holmes book. At first I thought it was a neat coincidence, getting two books with characters played by Cumberbatch.

And then I come online to see that picture for the first time. Uncanny.

No idea if this is classed as phase 3 but....

12744716_10153165740966157_5309066470210744898_n.jpg?oh=111d30843c5280cb63b98ba3f2273768&oe=5762F443

Official photography on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has started, and I couldn't be more stoked.

My favorite movie as a small child was The Strongest Man in the World, so I'm glad to announce that, yes, Kurt Russell has joined our cast and, yes, he is more awesome a dude than I ever could have imagined.

The last few days around here with him and our other new cast members, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, and Chris Sullivan, have been some of the best of my life. I never thought anyone was missing from our island of misfit toys, but now that these folks are here there feels like there was.

Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Glenn Close are all returning.

We'll have more surprises for you in the coming months. But, for now, this will have to do.

I have to get back to set!

Have a great day, everybody.

:bouncy:

Love that little Groot! :D

I think he'll have grown by the time we see him in the film ;)

No we'll see him bouncing around Yoda from Attack of the Clones Style

I had best be god damn wrong

Benedict Cumberbatch is going to drop the first Doctor Strange trailer on Jimmy Kimmel, April 12th!

Whoop Whoop!!

Benedict Cumberbatch is going to drop the first Doctor Strange trailer on Jimmy Kimmel, April 12th!

Whoop Whoop!!

...In the early hours of an English morning.

Unlike with The Force Awakens 'final' trailer, I won't be getting up at 3AM in the morning, but I definitely look forward to waking up and seeing it!

I have so little interest in Dr Strange, I don't understand the appeal at all.

I have so little interest in Dr Strange, I don't understand the appeal at all.

First major comic book movie to delve into the realm of magic.

And, I mean...Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwitel Ejiofor, Mads Mikkelsen and Rachel McAdams...

Years ago, I didn't have any interest in Iron Man, Captain America, talking raccoons and shrinking men, and all those other fuckers.. Look at me now.. I'm considering pre-ordering a $500 statue from Sideshow collectibles of a character I haven't even seen on screen yet.

And Julius mentions the cast, which is simply droolworthy. He forgot Tilda Swinton though, shame on him. I'd fucking watch anything with that cast.

In short, yes, I am excited for Dr. Strange. More so than Black Panther or Spider-man actually.

Years ago, I didn't have any interest in Iron Man, Captain America, talking raccoons and shrinking men, and all those other fuckers.. Look at me now.. I'm considering pre-ordering a $500 statue from Sideshow collectibles of a character I haven't even seen on screen yet.

And Julius mentions the cast, which is simply droolworthy. He forgot Tilda Swinton though, shame on him. I'd fucking watch anything with that cast.

In short, yes, I am excited for Dr. Strange. More so than Black Panther or Spider-man actually.

Which statue would that be? And yeah, I forgot Michael Stuhlbarg too. Oops.

To the contrary, though. I'm super excited for this film, yes, and Civil War, but Black Panther is probably my most anticipated of this phase. The mystic elements of Wakanda and Black Panther's lore, as well as vibranium and the fact he's what, five times richer than Tony? I cannot wait, African billionaire panther versions of Batman all the way!

Which statue would that be?

That would be this one.

To the contrary, though. I'm super excited for this film, yes, and Civil War, but Black Panther is probably my most anticipated of this phase. The mystic elements of Wakanda and Black Panther's lore, as well as vibranium and the fact he's what, five times richer than Tony? I cannot wait, African billionaire panther versions of Batman all the way!

I'm simply not hyped for Black Panther and Spider-man, but regardless, I'm optimistic they'll deliver and I'm seeing both in the cinema in any case. Black Panther to me is an unknown character but I'm not really familiar with Dr. Strange either. But the magic from Dr. Strange appeals to me more than the African setting of Black Panther. Spider-man.. I'm just a bit tired of the 3rd reboot, I wasn't done with the previous reboot, and actually liked Andrew Garfield a lot in the role. Black Panther and Spider-man are portrayed by actors I'm not familiar with, so that also doesn't get me hyped, unlike the total cast of Dr. Strange. That said, Marvel has pretty much God-like casting choices, they never disappointed so far me in that aspect.

So in short, I may not be hyped for Black Panther and Spider-man (yet), but I'll see them by default, I'm too much invested in the MCU at this point, and although I didn't like all of it, I certainly liked most of it, so I'm looking forward to those films and all the others nonetheless, even if I'm not hyped.

That would be this one.

I'm simply not hyped for Black Panther and Spider-man, but regardless, I'm optimistic they'll deliver and I'm seeing both in the cinema in any case. Black Panther to me is an unknown character but I'm not really familiar with Dr. Strange either. But the magic from Dr. Strange appeals to me more than the African setting of Black Panther. Spider-man.. I'm just a bit tired of the 3rd reboot, I wasn't done with the previous reboot, and actually liked Andrew Garfield a lot in the role. Black Panther and Spider-man are portrayed by actors I'm not familiar with, so that also doesn't get me hyped, unlike the total cast of Dr. Strange. That said, Marvel has pretty much God-like casting choices, they never disappointed so far me in that aspect.

So in short, I may not be hyped for Black Panther and Spider-man (yet), but I'll see them by default, I'm too much invested in the MCU at this point, and although I didn't like all of it, I certainly liked most of it, so I'm looking forward to those films and all the others nonetheless, even if I'm not hyped.

I agree, it does seem a bit soon still for another Spidey reboot, but alas, in Tom Holland and Feige I trust.

Kind of still hoping they eventually claw the Fantastic Four back from FOX in time for Phase 4 (oh how charmingly fitting), both to stop them from making horribly destructive versions of those characters appear on the silver screen and so that we can see Marvel do it right. That and I'm hoping Infinity War actually has some major repercussions which Civil War looks like it will have, so adding them and more members (as well as the rights to Galactus!) just makes too much sense for me.

Disney have plenty to offer in return, too.

I'm actually more excited for Spidey because it will be a different origins story this time round.

They've already said they wont go into the spider bite stuff - hopefully they stick to that and it'll be some throwaway line in Civil War - so maybe the story of him first meeting Tony, going to Stark Industries for a science internship, revealing what he's been through to Tony and having him mentor him/build him a suit...

I've got my Imax tickets for the midnight screening of Captain America on Wednesday -> Thursday.

Yay!

I've got my Imax tickets for the midnight screening of Captain America on Wednesday -> Thursday.

Yay!

I'm perplexed. My local Odeon has had Civil War tickets up for about a month now, but with no VIP seating (mine and my friends' standard set since going to see The Force Awakens). Emailed them about it, said they'd look into it.

Month later and still nothing...sigh

It's being shown at Cinema Con next week and the embargo has already been lifted, boy oh boy is the Mouse confident with this one. Early anonymous reviews already praising it, but Apocalypse not so much. The new Bourne film may be shown too.

I'm perplexed. My local Odeon has had Civil War tickets up for about a month now, but with no VIP seating (mine and my friends' standard set since going to see The Force Awakens). Emailed them about it, said they'd look into it.

Month later and still nothing...sigh

It's being shown at Cinema Con next week and the embargo has already been lifted, boy oh boy is the Mouse confident with this one. Early anonymous reviews already praising it, but Apocalypse not so much. The new Bourne film may be shown too.

I believe ticket sales went up yesterday, not sure.. Though they've been selling tickets for Captain America marathons longer, I'm guessing a week, but the marathons don't have the Imax screening. There are no VIP seats here.. I just took the seats closest to the middle.

On a sidenote, I'm still looking forward to X-men, although not nearly as much as Captain America. I've never seen a Bourne film in my life, and I suspect I'm going to keep it that way.

On a sidenote, I'm still looking forward to X-men, although not nearly as much as Captain America. I've never seen a Bourne film in my life, and I suspect I'm going to keep it that way.

I would HIGHLY recommend Bourne 1-3. Bourne 3 is incredible (but you need to watch the first 2).

I would HIGHLY recommend Bourne 1-3. Bourne 3 is incredible (but you need to watch the first 2).

Could not agree more.

but do yourself a favour and skip Legacy

Dr Strange-trailer

I think it sets the scene rather well. We didn't see much action but still got some glimpses of what could happen.

Right, I had high hopes for Doctor Strange. It's one of my three most hyped new MCU properties (the others being Black Panther and Spider-Man are my two others).

I AM SO ON BOARD

Edited by Julius Caesar

Much more interested in it now :) I like the look of the Inception-esque visuals, magic on a huge scale with a big budget, should be good!