NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Phase Three

Apparently some Endgame scenes have started to leak on YouTube and Twitter so watch out if you don’t want to get spoiled. I wouldn’t read past the thread title saying this so I don’t know anymore than that!

• Thanks 2

Just caught the end of Guardians of the Galaxy and this still might be my favourite scene in all the Marvel movies so far. Not only do we have the brilliant dance off but I just love how everything is done with the power stone.

Just to echo the sentiments made regarding the leaks from last week by Happenstance: the LA premiere of the movie takes place tonight (ending at roughly 23:00 local time, or 07:00 BST), meaning that if you care at all about the film being spoiled for you, it's probably wise to put the necessary safeguards in place to avoid that possibility, whether it be Google filters, deleting YouTube et al temporarily, or going into hiding altogether, lest you wake up to a world of spoiler-filled hurt.

I'll be off the web altogether until the midnight screening, so happy watching folks, and stay safe! :)

Edited by Julius

Just a few more hours! But watching Infinity War again first is going to be such a slog.. :laughing:

I'm going to wear my favourite Iron man t-shirt! :laughing:

Wow. It's today! Can't wait! 5.20 pm CEST. 

Reviewers are going crazy about it, saying it's so good.

My wife can't understand why it's so important to me to see this today but it is. It's like telling a soccer fan that he can just watch the game another day. That doesn't work as well.

Endgame was amazing!

Spoiler

Truly a masterpiece in the Marvel universe and put together with Infinity War it feels like a whole new league of superhero movies. The way the story flew forward made the movie seem like a breeze, and I was surprised it was almost over, when we reached the 2.5 hours mark. 

The beginning was surprising, I did not see them killing Thanos so quickly. Can't help but wonder, though, how his timeline has become messed up now with his 2014 self also gone but that's timetravel in a nutshell. Hulk Banner's explanation of time travel was a fun angle on it.

Generally, the movie was a lot more fun than I'd thought it would be, mainly Scott Lang and Thor provided the jokes, and they were delivered perfectly, I found.

I have a few observations, though:
1. How was Thanos so strong suddenly? How could he single-handedly defeat Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America without a single Infinity Stone?
2. They started out by saying that they couldn't find Thanos after a lot of deep scans of the universe - but then they found him because of a power surge two days prior... Convenient.
3. I don't believe that civilisation would stop for 5 years - they depicted a world in ruins but I would have thought that life would be going on and people would be out and about after five years.

Last - where's Loki now? That was a nice twist.

• Like 1

Been avoiding this thread like the plague, didn't want anything ruined for me. I saw Endgame last night though, so there is no reason to fear any longer.

I'll write a longer set of impressions later, but yes, its brilliant. First thing I thought though was, 'I need to see that again'. It is possibly the densest movie of all time, and I'm finding it impossible to summarize in my mind. But thinking back there were so many great moments, so much pay-off, so much character and heart. Regardless of what you think of these movies, you must recognize the achievement. Well done to everyone involved!

I caught it this morning, really enjoyed it but I think I enjoyed Infinity War more.

9 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Endgame was amazing!

Thoughts (Hide contents)

Last - where's Loki now? That was a nice twist.

Spoiler

I think the Loki series that Disney announced for their Streaming service a week or so ago, will probably launch off of him stealing the Tesseract back in 2012. Or at least that is what I assume.

Probably my favourite moment in any superhero movie ever in this movie (maybe movie ever)

Spoiler

"On your left"

Wow. That was incredible. I would write about all my favourite bits of that film, but I don't trust Tapatalk to do spoilers correctly.

One of my favourite films of all time though (maybe not as a stand-alone, but considering the buildup, it defo is). That scene near the end made me feel like a 10 year old child again.

Edit: the Russo Brothers managed to slip in Community actor number 3 near the beginning too!

• Like 1

Just went to see it for a 2nd time.

Spoiler

“THAT IS AMERICA'S ASS”

11 hours ago, bob said:

Edit: the Russo Brothers managed to slip in Community actor number 3 near the beginning too!

And number 4 in the middle of the film! 

• Like 1

Just got back from watching it again. Still amazing!

Crowd wasn’t as good though this time around. Much better at the midnight showing.

On 28/04/2019 at 9:00 PM, Mr-Paul said:

And number 4 in the middle of the film! 

I’d forgotten but we’ve had more than 4.

The Dean, Abed, Troy, Chang, Shirley, Abed’s girlfriend (Brie Larson).

Jeff Winger as Galacticus confirmed!

49 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

What exactly are community actors?

Actors from the tv show Community which the Russo brothers worked on

• Thanks 1

A Ghost Rider tv show has been announced. From the tweets flying around at the moment it’s looking like it’ll be a spin off from Agents of Shield with the same actor which is great because he was really good in that.

9 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Didn't count Brie Larson, was thinking more of the study group cameos! 

But which film was Troy in? I can't think of that one! 

6 hours ago, Mr-Paul said:

Didn't count Brie Larson, was thinking more of the study group cameos! 

But which film was Troy in? I can't think of that one! 

Spider-Man Homecoming.

I loved Endgame. My only disappointment was the lack of a reference to one particular character. I didn't expect him to make an appearance, but a mention would have been nice.