NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Phase Three

Did he say "Hulk smash"?
I thought he said something like that when he clapped his hands together to put the helicopter fire out, but watching it again on Youtube he doesn't.

Of course Cap says Hulk Smash in The Avengers.

Did he at least say "Bet-ty" in The Incredible Hulk?

Whedon says not thinking of Planet Hulk...

When we sat down with the director to talk about his upcoming version of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, we couldn't resist asking if there was any truth to the rumours that future Avengers movies would make use of the Planet Hulk or World War Hulk storylines.

His reply, which can be watched in the above video, was, "Well I’m really not supposed to comment, but no, that’s nonsense."

Bit of a relief.

Marvel Studios Schedules Two Untitled Movies for 2016 and 2017

Disney announced today they have scheduled two untitled Marvel Studios movies for release in summers 2016 and 2017.

The first unspecified film is slated to open May 6, 2016, while the second mystery title is slated to debut May 5, 2017. What could they be?

We know Marvel's The Avengers 2 is already slated for release May 1, 2015 so it's not that. Ditto Ant-Man, which opens November 7, 2014. So what does that leave?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/marvel-studios-schedules-two-untitled-movies-for-2016-and-2017

Speculation time... and GO!

I'll just stick this in here for now

Marvel and ABC Developing Agent Peggy Carter TV Show

Marvel and ABC are just a few days away from the debut of their first TV show, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but the next potential Marvel series is already in the very early stages of development. Deadline reports that there is a possible Agent Carter series in the works for ABC, as in Peggy Carter, the character first seen in live-action in Captain America:: The First Avenger, where she was played by Haley Atwell.

Atwell is reprising her role in a short that will be seen on next week's release of the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray and DVD, which it seems may now function as a pilot of sorts for a potential Agent Carter series. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. itself first had its beginnings via the Item 47 short that appeared on The Avengers Blu-ray and DVD, which led to Marvel thinking S.H.I.E.L.D. could be a good concept for an ongoing series. Deadline notes that the secretive Marvel will not comment on the Agent Carter project and that it is one of several possible TV shows they are developing. A writer is currently being sought for Agent Carter and the big question is whether Atwell would reprise the role if the projbect comes to fruition.

As Deadline points out, Agent Carter might be a good fit for the female-skewing ABC. Previously, ABC and Marvel were developing AKA Jessica Jones, based on Brian Bendis' Alias comic book, but that show never came to be. What makes Agent Cater especially notable is that it is a period piece, as well as a Marvel comics adaptation.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/marvel-and-abc-developing-agent-peggy-carter-tv-show

i read somewhere recently that Hugh Jackman has "TOLD" his studio that Wolverine "HAS" to be in the Avengers.

It's tragic that Spidey and Wolverine are not in the Marvel Universe.

If their actors, who are basically the main focal point of the move demand it, then well i'm sure a deal will get sorted

I think Marvel blabber mouth Vin Diesel hinted at a change coming down the line or something, but left his comment completely vague.

Not that I'd expect him to know everything, but I'm hoping some crossovers do start to happen. Despite the success of the Marvel films, I still think it would benefit them massively. Help keep the films fresh by throwing in surprises/things the fans are calling out for.

I really don't think much good would come of X-Men being in Avengers films. Wolverine as an Avengers is such a pointless marketing tool and always was. He has *no* business being there. Until VERY recently, when the 'Avengers Unity Squad' was formed specifically to include mutants (It's Cap, Thor, Wolverine, Sunfire, Wonder Man, Scarlet Witch, Rogue and Wasp), it never made much sense.

The only reason them existing in the same universe would be cool would be in terms of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being the same actors/characters, as they have their places in both franchises.

I don't think it needs any other reason than it would be awesome to see Hugh Jackman's Wolverine in there!

And the best thing about Wolverine in the New Avengers was the scrap he DIDN'T have with an Extremis-enhanced Tony Stark. That was about it.

I don't think the X-Men really fit in with the rest of the Marvel Universe, to me they kind of exist in their own separate place. I wouldn't really like to see Wolverine in The Avengers franchise.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/14/johnny-depp-reportedly-eyed-for-doctor-strange-movie

Johnny Depp Reportedly Eyed for Doctor Strange Movie

Pirates star said to have taken a meeting with Marvel brass, but that's it.

Could Pirates of the Caribbean and Alice in Wonderland star Johnny Depp soon add another quirky Disney-owned character to his filmography?

"A well-connected source informed me tonight that Johnny Depp has taken a meeting with Marvel to discuss taking on the role of Dr. Strange," claims Latino-Review.

They say Marvel's eager to land Depp despite the commercial failure of last summer's The Lone Ranger and that they would even rework the script's thirty-something Doctor Strange to better fit the 50-year-old actor.

However, as the site wisely cautions, "while Depp has met with Marvel, and both sides want this to work, it doesn’t mean it will."

Doctor Strange, a longtime favorite of Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige, is a Marvel Phase 3 project, meaning it likely wouldn't hit theaters until at least 2016. Depp currently has Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Alice in Wonderland 2 on his docket of upcoming projects.

Seems like such a bad idea to me for many reasons...

- If people are wondering how much longer RDJ (48) can go on playing Iron Man... Depp is already 50 and they haven't even got a script for this yet! So what in a sequel he'd be getting on for 60?...

- Ever since Pirates became successful Depp has given the same bloody predictable performance in everything he's done! Alice in Wonderland, Lone Ranger... and hamming it up more and more as the Pirates sequels went on. He's become like a caricature, and you just know with 'Strange ' in the title of this film he'd do it all over again... giving the audience what they love [albeit actually are bored of].

- Seems like to established a name for a lead role. All the others leads have gone to far more deserving actors and I thought this was more the philosophy behind the Marvel films, to makes actors, have them become these characters.

With his Disney ties it wouldn't be a surprise.

Dr Strange has always been an older character so I dont think the age thing would be that much of an issue.

It does seem an odd role for Depp though. Despite the name, Dr Strange has always been one of the more serious characters in Marvel comics. Im sure Johnny Depp could actually do a good job but it just isnt in line with his usual work i guess.

Dr Strange has always been an older character so I dont think the age thing would be that much of an issue.

It does seem an odd role for Depp though. Despite the name, Dr Strange has always been one of the more serious characters in Marvel comics. Im sure Johnny Depp could actually do a good job but it just isnt in line with his usual work i guess.

Yeah but older like 40 though right? like RDJ started off. To start Depp in these movies at 53 or something seems an odd decision. I guess at least with the magical qualities of Strange they could 'regenerate' him at least :p

I saw someone suggest Viggo Mortensen. I don't know the character, but he seems like a better choice to me.

EDIT: Shit just googled Viggo, HE'S 55!!!?... ok scrap that!

Edited by Retro_Link

Maybe around 40, possibly a bit older though I guess. Still though, they arent held by the ages they appear in the comics, just look at the new Hank Pym. Plus Samuel L Jackson is 65 now, I cant see it being too much of an issue.

Maybe around 40, possibly a bit older though I guess. Still though, they arent held by the ages they appear in the comics, just look at the new Hank Pym. Plus Samuel L Jackson is 65 now, I cant see it being too much of an issue.
Yeah that's a good point actually. Perhaps an older member on the team itself would be a welcome dynamic. And I presume he's less hand-to-hand anyway and keeps his distance/moves around.

And I presume he's less hand-to-hand anyway and keeps his distance/moves around.

Yeah mostly just a lot of funky hand movements

WIll be interesting to see how it turns out if it happens.

Also....damnit there goes my idea of Strange getting introduced in Agents of SHIELD :(

Where I thought Ron Glass' character might become Strange.... I don't think age is an important issue for Strange...given Glass is what 67 now? haha

Interesting discussion about Thanos and his potential role/story in the Marvel Cinematic Universe...

Edited by Retro_Link

Casting rumours...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/25/joaquin-phoenix-may-play-marvel-studios-doctor-strange

Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly in talks to play the title role in Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange movie.

According to both TheWrap and Variety, the Her and Gladiator actor is in early talks for the role of the neurosurgeon-turned-Sorcerer Supreme, but both outlets stress that a deal is far from finalized.

Edited by Retro_Link

Anthony Mackie reveals Captain America plans

Anthony Mackie has revealed Marvel Studios' future plans for the character of Captain America.

It has been widely speculated that Chris Evans's Steve Rogers will pass on the mantle to either Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) or Sam Wilson, aka Falcon (Mackie), at some point after Captain America 3.

Speaking to Comicbook.com last weekend, Mackie appeared to confirm that the plan is for Stan to take over from Evans.

Asked whether he expects to take over the Captain America identity, Mackie said: "I don't know. I mean I'm excited about it. I think if it goes that way in the movies that it would take a long time, because there's so many evolutions before that.

"You know, I'm excited to see Sebastian play Cap. I think Sebastian's a great actor.

"But I love seeing Chris Evans as Cap, so I feel like they can go any way they want. I'm enjoying my part beside Cap. I'm in no rush to be Cap."

Bucky took over as Captain America in the comic book series when Rogers was presumed dead, while Wilson was announced as his latest replacement last month.

Evans, who recently hinted that he wants to take a break from acting, is contracted for three more Marvel movies including Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America 3.

Captain America 3 will be released on May 6, 2016.