NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Phase Three

Captain Marvel looks great, can't wait for that!

The Asian superhero film looks interesting too. I wonder if they'll end up with mostly Asian-american cast and crew, or if it will actually have Asian born people in it. Will be interesting to see how it turns out either way, even if I've never actually heard of the hero.

I'm reading things about the Avengers 4 trailer releasing today.. Around 14:00 UK it seems.

49 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'm reading things about the Avengers 4 trailer releasing today.. Around 14:00 UK it seems.

Yeah, it’s been rumoured to be coming this week for a while now: originally it was Monday Night Football (which Captain Marvel got), then it was supposed to be Wednesday (possibly postponed due to the Bush funeral), and it’s been heavily rumoured to be dropping today, but there’s currently nothing substantial to indicate that it actually will (i.e. no official confirmation, no word from people in the rumour mill other than those who are hit-or-miss and have been saying “it will drop any day now” for weeks). It’s certainly the right time to do it, either way, but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see ::shrug: either way, it’s been a massive week for Marvel fans.

Also, the first trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home drops tomorrow; it will be first shown at the Brazilian Comic Con.

Edited by Julius

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Also, the first trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home drops tomorrow; it will be first shown at the Brazilian Comic Con.

If that's official, it would make sense for the Avengers trailer to be released today, as Spider-man comes after Avengers.

Just now, Sméagol said:

If that's official, it would make sense for the Avengers trailer to be released today, as Spider-man comes after Avengers.

It’s official. And yeah, for sure — after all, the first Infinity War trailer dropped pretty much this time last year. Then again, Spidey is Sony, so Marvel Studios don’t have much of a say with regards to when that drops (plus Venom doing surprisingly well and Into the Spider-Verse releasing very soon is more than likely the reason that trailer is dropping now).

I’m just saying that “insiders” have been saying that the trailer will drop for the last four or five weeks, so while I think and hope it drops today, I think it’s worth mentioning that it’s still worth taking with a grain of salt :) 

Either way, I’m just excited to see how they market this film (I expect some time/space travel shenanigans, so it’ll be interesting to see if we get hint of that in the trailers) and to finally learn what the title is :D 

We'll know this afternoon. And while not MCU related, I've missed Venom, but I'm excited about Spider-verse.

If the title is a spoiler, what does it spoil? I assumed it might be a spoiler for Captain Marvel, so wouldn't be revealed until after that had been released. But that's obviously too far away, so it'll be interesting to find out what exactly it spoils. Maybe it just spoils the ending to Infinity War, and they wanted to make sure everyone has seen that first...

41 minutes ago, bob said:

Maybe it just spoils the ending to Infinity War, and they wanted to make sure everyone has seen that first...

That's my thinking too - something like "Avengers: Regeneration" or "Return".  I don't think it'll spoil Captain Marvel because we're bound to find out the Avengers title before that launches anyway.

That's my thinking too - something like "Avengers: Regeneration" or "Return".  I don't think it'll spoil Captain Marvel because we're bound to find out the Avengers title before that launches anyway.
"Avengers: Don't worry, they're not all dead!"
  • Haha 1

Avengers: We bring them all back again! Then kill off some of them again.

Or:

Avengers: Hawkeye is not in it.

BOOM. You looking for this?

HELL. YES. 

Now THAT is a great trailer. It feels epic, tells us virtually nothing — and gives us more than enough to speculate to our heart’s content. Also: Ronin. 

Roll on April :D 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hell yeahs! Steve Rogers looks doll-ish without his beard now, though.

Also, it got a name! 

Spoiler

Endgame

Edited by MindFreak

@MindFreak, I know some people might not mind, but it seems like Marvel intentionally left out the subtitle in the name of the video because they probably want people to learn it for themselves when they first watch it, which is why I didn’t mention it in my post :) 

Edited by Julius

Avengers: Shawarma is such a dumb name though. I don't get why they kept it a secret for all this time.

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Pretty Perfect trailer really, doesn't show a thing but builds hype, well it shows some things! like fuck me they need a better gate buzzer system

The most important question is, does Thanos sell the crops from his farm? Would we bump into him at the alien farmers market?

The film doesn't look all that action-packed so far.  Perhaps they're going for an Oscar!

We have our first poster for the film! It also officially confirms the film’s release date: Friday 26th April 2018. 

MLou2_Teaser_1-Sht_v6_Lg.jpg

Edited by Julius

The trailer really got me hyped. Can't wait for this one. 

Only thing that has me worried is that IMO, Infinity War had a somewhat inconsistent depiction of the characters and their powers.

I mean, the Hulk, whose whole schtick is that he's insanely strong, got his ass kicked by Thanos. To the point where he doesn't want to appear for the rest of the movie. Yet later in the movie, we see Captain America stop Thanos' punch no problem at all.

Vision is supposedly this beyond-belief powerful being which was designed to single-handedly take out all of the Avengers. Yet he loses ONE of his gajilion abilities and then gets his ass whooped by some goon. Said goon then gets pwned by Black Widow, a character who, well trained and quite intelligent, has no actual powers.

And while the Guardians of the Galaxy good up and have funny lines in their movies, in IW their banter with the rest of the Avengers make them look like litteral idiots. 

Also, I personally found the new Iron Man suit to be stupid. Seriously, that thing can transform into absolutely anything with no rhyme or reason.

I really hope they get Endgame right, because it at least seems it'll be the last movie featuring the characters which have been the pillars of the MCU thus far.

I watched Infinity War again last night, funnily enough.

1 hour ago, Hogge said:

I mean, the Hulk, whose whole schtick is that he's insanely strong, got his ass kicked by Thanos. To the point where he doesn't want to appear for the rest of the movie. Yet later in the movie, we see Captain America stop Thanos' punch no problem at all.

True, but it wasn't the full-powered Hulk.  He was more like his "Contest of Champions" self and expected beating Thanos to be easy.  Plus, although Thanos only had the Power Stone at that point, that was still the one that would have affected his strength.  When Captain America temporarily stopped Thanos, I think it was because he underestimated Cap's strength and resolve, and subsequently adjusted how much power he was using himself.

I'm sure we'll see the really angry Hulk in the next film.  I just hope they don't try to make Captain Marvel more physically powerful than him.

1 hour ago, Hogge said:

Vision is supposedly this beyond-belief powerful being which was designed to single-handedly take out all of the Avengers. Yet he loses ONE of his gajilion abilities and then gets his ass whooped by some goon. Said goon then gets pwned by Black Widow, a character who, well trained and quite intelligent, has no actual powers.

Yeah, Vision does seem to have been tamed a bit too much.

1 hour ago, Hogge said:

And while the Guardians of the Galaxy good up and have funny lines in their movies, in IW their banter with the rest of the Avengers make them look like litteral idiots. 

I actually didn't like their films until Infinity War.  I thought they were portrayed much better in it, which made me go back and enjoy their own films more.  Rocket and Quill were funny, and Zoe Saldana was fantastic as Gamora.

1 hour ago, Hogge said:

Also, I personally found the new Iron Man suit to be stupid. Seriously, that thing can transform into absolutely anything with no rhyme or reason.

I started to think this with Iron Man 3 - how the suits could attach themselves to him (and be shredded) in a split-second.  As the films have become more fantastical in general, however, I've found it easier to suspend my disbelief.

1 hour ago, Hogge said:

I really hope they get Endgame right, because it at least seems it'll be the last movie featuring the characters which have been the pillars of the MCU thus far.

They probably will.  The Russos are geniuses and haven't put a foot wrong so far. :cool: