NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Phase Three

Looks quite decent, actually. May want to watch that when it becomes streamable.

That looks awesome! I'm really looking forward to the next Avengers movie, as well as the Captain Marvel-movie. I like that they're building up a rather unknown hero (outside of the comics) to save the universe. How is the new Ant Man? Is it good, or is it just brain dead entertainment? And does it connect to the Avengers Infinity War plot at all?

I havent seen Ant-Man yet but I hear its good, probably better than the first. It sounds like the mid credits scene links to Infinity War.

• Thanks 1

As for Captain Marvel, while I am looking forward to seeing her in Avengers 4, I do hope she doesn't have too big of a role in defeating Thanos. This has been built up for so long, I wouldn't want someone just been introduced at the last minute as a bit of a deus ex machina.

• Like 2

Yeah, I get that. I guess she'll be a key character in his defeat, but it being an Avengers movie, it's going to focus more on the hardships and the teamwork of the group as a whole. It's gonna be interesting to see how they solve it, but seeing as how good Avengers Infinity War was, I have high hopes that the next Avengers is gonna be a really good movie that ties a lot of knots.

53 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

As for Captain Marvel, while I am looking forward to seeing her in Avengers 4, I do hope she doesn't have too big of a role in defeating Thanos. This has been built up for so long, I wouldn't want someone just been introduced at the last minute as a bit of a deus ex machina.

Yeah, i'm the same. I hate the fact they are adding in another hero at zero hour in order to defeat him. I'd much rather the team that we have spent the last 10 years with being the ones to bring home the victory.

• Like 1

Infinity War blu ray trailer seems a lot more spoilery than the cinema ones.
There can't be that many people left who don't know the ending by now tbh.

I can't wait to see this again, it was so good. Really wish I'd been to see it more than once at the cinema.

5 minutes ago, bob said:

There can't be that many people left who don't know the ending by now tbh.

I can't wait to see this again, it was so good. Really wish I'd been to see it more than once at the cinema.

I didnt really mean the ending, more some other plot points and jokes.

I also regret not going to see it again. Can't wait for it to come out to watch at home.

I didnt really mean the ending, more some other plot points and jokes.
I also regret not going to see it again. Can't wait for it to come out to watch at home.
Yeah, but this trailer is more for people who've already seen it, so they want you to be all like "oh yeah, i member that joke!", "That bit was awesome!" and "I completely forgot that the Black Order were in this film, so inconsequential to the plot were they!"

I really hope we get Mjolnir back in some way in Avengers 4. I know we had the jokey moment in Avengers 2 but I think it would be incredible to see Steve Rogers wield it properly at least once before a lot of these characters retire to a farm on an island.

Considering where James Gunn started his career these taboo jokes are hardly a surprise, though I'm pretty shocked he or someone from Disney PR didn't trawl through his timeline and eradicate anything even remotely offensive. 

The ridiculous thing seems to be that Marvel and Disney apparently knew about all this stuff years ago as it surfaced before he directed Guardians 1, he apologised then as well and they didn't seem to care then. The difference this time seems to be that a right wing blogger and his followers kicked up a stink about it all.

While I think the tweets are fucking stupid I do think its bad that there rarely seems to be an opportunity for people to have believed to have grown or changed in the years since. If the tweets were new then it would be different but the guy apologised and completely owned up to them.

The cast are publicly asking for him to be reinstated as the director of Volume 3

4d9kf8ci74d11.jpg

He was fired by The Walt Disney Company, not Disney Pictures or Marvel Studios. Kevin Feige is probably pissed, and rightly so. I’m happy to see him being supported by his cast, especially Bautista, who supported him from the very start of this whole controversy. 

Anyways, see you all in August when James Gunn returns to direct GOTG Vol. 3

Edited by Julius Caesar

So annoyed that Infinity War's digital release wasn't the same for the US and the UK. They got it on the 31st while we have to wait until the 20th Aug. I want to watch it now!

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

So annoyed that Infinity War's digital release wasn't the same for the US and the UK. They got it on the 31st while we have to wait until the 20th Aug. I want to watch it now!

Yeah, it kind of blows. Same story for the Star Wars films too, we always get them a few weeks after the US on home media ::shrug:

On the upside, we typically get the Marvel films anywhere from a day to a whole week earlier than them, and we’ve been getting Star Wars films a day earlier, too. So I suppose it’s a calculated trade-off? :blank:

Just now, Julius Caesar said:

Yeah, it kind of blows. Same story for the Star Wars films too, we always get them a few weeks after the US on home media ::shrug:

On the upside, we typically get the Marvel films anywhere from a day to a whole week earlier than them, and we’ve been getting Star Wars films a day earlier, too. So I suppose it’s a calculated trade-off? :blank:

If I remember right we got Antman and the Wasp 2 weeks after the US at the cinema as well so not much of a trade-off.