NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Phase Three

There were pics going around of a Phase 2 collection. Not sure what happened to it.

There was one in the US for ~$300

There was one in the US for ~$300

Bob wants a vanilla boxset.

I haven't checked, but the box Bob links to just looks like a repackaged bundle to me, in other words the original releases in a simple box. I didn't know there was one. Now it seems there is, I suspect they'll do one for phase 2 eventually, but I personally still want an actual boxset, but without all the plastic stuff.

After Doctor Strange, Thor is also getting an insane cast.

Apart from Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo, returning are Tom Hiddleston, Idris Alba, Anthony Hopkins and Jaime Alexander. Added are Cate Blanchett, Tessa Thompson, and just announced: Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban.

That's a fine cast right there.

Bob wants a vanilla boxset.

I haven't checked, but the box Bob links to just looks like a repackaged bundle to me, in other words the original releases in a simple box. I didn't know there was one. Now it seems there is, I suspect they'll do one for phase 2 eventually, but I personally still want an actual boxset, but without all the plastic stuff.

Na, I have that boxset and it's not the original releases put in a box. I'm sure the discs are the same, sure, but it's a special boxset

Excited for Valkyrie in Thor! and going forward in the Avengers line-up.

Gotta admit I've been a bit worried about Thor Ragnorok; but the cast had helped put my mind at ease somewhat. People must like what they read.

Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong’o and Michael B. Jordan join the cast of Black Panther.

Plus there's plenty of news coming from SDCC, but it'll mean more to people familiar with the comics.

I'm waiting / hoping for a Captain Marvel announcement.

Ridiculous cast for Doctor Strange, so many great actors and Benedict Wong is among the top billing at the end of the trailer, its crazy to see him doing so many huge Hollywood films. Errol sure has come along way since working as a walk-wipe at Billingsgate fish market.

And there it is.

Brie Larson is Captain Marvel. Brie is great.

There also seems to be a new trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Dont want to play favourites so I'm putting this in both threads (Although DC would totally win!)

Fuck me, that was so well done!

Makes me really want a Hulk vs Superman film now.

Marvel all the way.

Doctor Strange, Prof Xavier can kick Superman's ass since Superman's weakness is not limited to Kryptonite but also magic and Psychic powers. :P

It's looking good. There's also a teaser poster out there. Really looking forward to it and Dr. Strange next week!

Edit: Might as well embed it.

guardiansofthegalaxy2-teaserposter-full-highquality-700x1037.jpg

Edited by Sméagol

They need to find a way to get some sort of dimensional rift going so they can get the good version of Hooked on A Feeling on that tape instead.

We all know the one I mean...

Does anyone know between which two episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will Doctor Strange be located? Or whether this is relevant?

Anyone else seen Dr Strange yet? I thought it was really good. Some of the visualisations are fantastic! Really enjoyed it, and left me wanting more.

It was a complete and satisfying story but I still felt like it was too short and I wanted more. I guess that's how films should be really!

Anyone else seen Dr Strange yet? I thought it was really good. Some of the visualisations are fantastic! Really enjoyed it, and left me wanting more.

It was so much better than I thought it would be. I was just hoping for a generic superhero movie, but watched a magic/kung-fu space-time temporal distortion mash-up with fantastic character development, and an awesome cast and it was humorous to boot. Plus, it wasn't too long.

Can't wait to see Cumberbatch in Thor 3

Saw Dr Strange last night, loved it. Thought it was a breath of fresh air that the MCU desperately needed. I always feel in comparison to DC that many Marvel properties lack an iconic score and whilst I wouldn't use the word iconic, the soundtrack for Strange was phenomenal.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/26993/marvels_the_inhumans_coming_to_imax_abc_in_2017

Looks like Inhumans has changed from a film to an 8-episode TV show. The show will be filmed entirely in IMAX and the first two episodes will be shown in cinemas in September 2017.

That's an interesting move. I'm wondering when or why they decided to change. Also I find a bit odd that the whole series is filmed in IMAX, if only the first two episodes will be screened in the cinema. I don't know much about this though -- will it be noticeable on TV?

I presume part of it is a marketing deal, and that IMAX will get credits in the episodes or something.

Saw Dr Strange last night, loved it. Thought it was a breath of fresh air that the MCU desperately needed. I always feel in comparison to DC that many Marvel properties lack an iconic score and whilst I wouldn't use the word iconic, the soundtrack for Strange was phenomenal.
It instantly reminded me of Star Trek.

And upon finding out it's the same composer, it's strange he seemingly just ripped off his own fantastic score.