NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Phase Three

Now that's an actual teaser trailer (unlike Rogue One). Looks good. Hope it isn't too pandering.

Now that's an actual teaser trailer (unlike Rogue One). Looks good. Hope it isn't too pandering.

Yes, I've actually been able to watch it a few times because the entire plot isn't revealed. Awesome trailer. Looks so different and visually impressive. Looks a bit Inceptiony with the worlds all folding and ting.

Just reading through these here non-spoiler reviews, with the embargo lifted two weeks out from the UK release and just under a month from US release.

A, 5*, 4*, A+, A-, 10/10, 9/10...

IGN: 7.8

too much water

I'll skip the last trailer of Captain America.. I've seen enough. Was tempted to check out the Dr. Strange teaser, but I'll see it eventually in the cinema.. So I'll skip it for now as well.

There's been other Marvel news as well.

Captain Marvel news is coming in the summer, with a casting announcement at the end of it I believe. I think I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy 3 confirmed, Inhumans seems to be delayed, and I think there were a few other casting announcements. And a few tidbits about Infinity wars.. The first part would properly introduce Thanos, and both parts apparently will feel different (as opposed to directly related I guess). Speculations about part 1 featuring mostly the B-team, and part 2 the A-team. They did seem to all but confirm a Guardians of the Galaxy crossover for Infinity wars though.

Just reading through these here non-spoiler reviews, with the embargo lifted two weeks out from the UK release and just under a month from US release.

A, 5*, 4*, A+, A-, 10/10, 9/10...

IGN: 7.8

too much water

Is that Civil War you're referring to? If so, nice scores!

In relation to taking up the suit again in a solo film, RDJ teased ABC Nightline:

I feel I could do one more.

Feel like updating this with some key news from the last few weeks:

• CW opens internationally to raving reviews and $202.2 million

• Inhumans is shelved

• We're getting a Daredevil spinoff Netflix series; Punisher

UPDATE: a word on a Namor film from Civil War co-writer Steve McFeely;

"Namor. He is kind of a jerk and has a chip on his shoulder and he is a king and lives underwater. The degree of difficulty is so high, though. Cause it could be a great movie or it could be truly terrible."

This sounds excellent! I mean, could this be one of their 2020 releases? Who knows! But what better way to recoup after a massive thing like Infinity War than to have Namor attack the land, requiring the remaining Avengers to have to come together once again?

Edited by Julius Caesar

The currently slated Infinity War Part I, due for release Friday 4th May 2018, and Infinity War Part II are due for title changes, according to the Russo brothers.

Calling it now: Avengers: The Infinity Gauntlet and Avengers: Infinity War/The Infinite Titan

I think the first film title will reference Thanos, and I expect that film to be his story in many ways... whilst the second will have a more war like title.

Just having a think about where Marvel goes after this. I think Norman Osborne will be the next big bad.

It's a bit weird we've had no more mention of Red Skull actually. I know Hugo Weaving is done with it, but you can put any decent actor behind that face now.

I think the first film title will reference Thanos, and I expect that film to be his story in many ways... whilst the second will have a more war like title.

Just having a think about where Marvel goes after this. I think Norman Osborne will be the next big bad.

It's a bit weird we've had no more mention of Red Skull actually. I know Hugo Weaving is done with it, but you can put any decent actor behind that face now.

Well, I'd like to see them reference the comics with the titles (and not Thanos, unless it's via his race). Infinity Gauntlet is very similar to how this arc will play out, and he'll have to get the gems in the first film, and I'd imagine it would end with him getting the gem from Vision. That would be a pretty dark cliffhanger.

I think keeping Infinity War makes sense, simply because the title card looks awesome, and it follows the Gauntlet story too, in the comics.

So yeah, I'm sticking to:

Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet and

Avengers: Infinity War

As for where they go after Thanos? I hope that the F4 come over to the MCU in Phase Four, with the stories being much more personal in the space inbetween. The next film in the Spidey trilogy (?) should be Peter coming to terms with any possible deaths in the team and doing poorly at school as a result, and this I feel would also be the perfect time to introduce Venom, or at least the symbiote, into his arc. Basically, become much more personal stories with each character.

Big Bad? Well, they have Dormammu, who's more than a Strange villain, and if they get the F4 rights they could go down the path of Kang or even Galactus. And what about the Raft? I'd assume the villains would escape from there...heck, we could have the Secret Wars if and when they decided to go again with the Inhumans movie.

Osborne i think could be a Stark competitor/rival, and it'll be interesting to see if he's introduced in passing in Homecoming, along with Harry.

Well if they get FF back, which sadly I don't see happening, then they'd have Doom to throw into the mix, which would be awesome. And Silver Surfer joining some of the heroes out in space.

I'd love to see Kingpin show up in Spiderman, he'd be an absolute hulk compared to Tom Holland's Spidey.

As much as I had no trust in Sony doing it, the Sinister Six stories were my fav parts of the 90's Spiderman cartoon. I swear there was a team Red Skull put together in that cartoon?... and there base was in another dimension or something?

Very interested to know: how do you rank the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies?

For me it goes:

1. Civil War (needs another watch mind, but I'll leave that until after my exams)

2. The Winter Soldier

3. Iron Man

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. The Avengers

6. Ant-Man

7. Age of Ultron

8. The First Avenger

9. Thor

10. The Dark World

11. The Incredible Hulk

12. Iron Man 3

13 Iron Man 2

I think mine would be

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

2. Civil War

3. The Avengers

4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

5. Ant-Man

6. Thor: The Dark World

7. Captain America

8. The Avengers: Age of Ultron

9. Iron Man 3

10. Iron Man

11. The Incredible Hulk

12. Thor

13. Iron Man 2

Thor: The Dark World

Thor

Captain America: Winter Soldier

Captain America: Civil War

Guardians

Avengers

Ant-Man

Iron Man

Captain America

Iron Man 2

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Iron Man 3

The Incredible Hulk

Not sure. I suspect something like this:

Iron man / Avengers / Guardians of the Galaxy / Captain America: winter soldier / Captain America: civil war

Thor: the dark world / Ant-man / Avengers: age of Ultron

Captain America

Thor

Iron man 2 / Iron man 3

I'd have to rewatch The Hulk, but I suspect I'd place it next to the first Captain America.

Kevin Feige has gone on record as saying that they are most committed to a Black Widow solo movie outside of the slated movies.

Probably won't be until the next phase (after 2019/20) or until 2020 at the earliest, but it's about time!

Does anyone know if they are planning on releasing a Phase 2 boxset? I've been holding off buying the films as i assumed there would be one, but the only one i can find is the super-duper expensive one with loads of extraneous guff.

I don't think so.. I don't believe they ever released one for phase 1. I would love boxsets with all the cool alternative covers, but without all the plastic toys.

I meant like this one - just all six films together, no gimmicks or extras.

If i had to rank them on personal preference it would be

Guardians

Avengers

Ant-Man

Iron Man

Captain America

Iron Man 2

Iron Man 3

Thor

The Incredible Hulk

If i had to rank them on personal preference it would be

Guardians

Avengers

Ant-Man

Iron Man

Captain America

Iron Man 2

Iron Man 3

Thor

The Incredible Hulk

That's pretty similar to my own, but I'd put the two latest CA's a bit lower down, and Hulk a bit higher up.

I think my list would be:

Avengers

Captain America: First Avenger

Iron Man

Thor

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

Iron Man 3

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk

I meant like this one - just all six films together, no gimmicks or extras.

I too have been holding out, but it doesn't seem like they're doing it