NEurope
Retro_Link

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

50eb5118f39c8.jpg

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS handheld system, Nintendo 3DS handheld system and PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system. "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" is the first installment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.

“Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”

In "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes," players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.

Edited by Retro_Link

Being a Lego game, this has a chance of being good unlike a lot of recent Marvel games. Let's hope so anyway.

I'm really starting to tire with the Lego games now.

I feel like it's just a massive cash cow for the developers seeing how they push it to every single platform they possibly can.

They are a bit too slow paced for me to warrant a purchase. I usually rent the Lego games and have a bit of fun with them, but buying them on release for full price just to button mash things into pieces and hold a button to build things, AGAIN. Nah. :p

Maybe if they Lego'd up a franchise I was really into then i'd be more excited. But so far only Batman raised my interest and that was just more of the same.

I'm really starting to tire with the Lego games now.

I feel like it's just a massive cash cow for the developers seeing how they push it to every single platform they possibly can.

They are a bit too slow paced for me to warrant a purchase. I usually rent the Lego games and have a bit of fun with them, but buying them on release for full price just to button mash things into pieces and hold a button to build things, AGAIN. Nah. :p

Maybe if they Lego'd up a franchise I was really into then i'd be more excited. But so far only Batman raised my interest and that was just more of the same.

I dunno, they've been getting even more awesome. Lego Batman 2 brought the open world to the games and Lego Lord of the Rings is just amazing. If it's anything like those, then I'm all for it

Hmm see I despise Lord of the Rings so I have zero interest in the game tbh.

That's probably slightly ignorant of me I know, but it's one franchise I just can't abide.

Like I say, I'll maybe rent this. At a push :grin:

I've never bought a LEGO game so I'm not tiring of them particularly. But this will be the first one I buy I think because I love the Marvel films! :D

You have to pick and choose your lego games, i liked the Star Wars ones but stayed away from Indiana Jones, picked up Batman but missed Harry Potter. I havent played anything since the last Batman one and being a fan of superheroes ill likely pick this up, if nothing else my girlfriend enjoys the lego games so its one of the few things i can get her to play with me.

Definitely getting this on the Wii U. Hope it uses the GamePad well

I've just received the 3DS copy of this and thought I'd drop in here to say that though the story is the same as the console versions the gameplay is completely different. The gameplay is even different to the previous portable LEGO games.

The levels are incredibly short and you can't swap between characters during the levels.

You have the main character and then a character you can call in to do a super move.

When you die you restart the level.

There doesn't seem to be a jump button.

Additionally the cut scenes aren't in 3D, though I don't remember them being in the prior 3DS games.

It's relatively fun, and arguably more suited to a mobile platform, but if you're looking for something similar to the past portable LEGO games you'd be disappointed with this.

Been playing the Wii U version. Great fun, enjoying the story, love flying around New York. Think I'm almost at the end of the narrative now, then begins the massive hunt for all characters, bricks etc.

Had a couple of glitches/freezes though, but it's a Lego game...it wouldn't be right for it not to have any.

Weird thing is, the Miiverse community still isn't up. Had things I wanted to post :(

Didn't have much time to play today, so I have just played the intro level. God, I've missed playing LEGO games - it's been far too long since the last one!

Can't wait to keep playing, but unfortunately I'll have to... Hopefully I'll find some time to continue tomorrow!

It has single screen co-op, which is pretty much something I wish all Wii U games supported. One on TV, one on gamepad.

Especially useful as the split screen on the newer LEGO games is ridiculously confusing.

Pretty gutted I missed out on this being £22 at GAME earlier this week. The demo is a blast.

Edited by Guy

gamepad use on this is pretty basic right?

It makes changing characters MUCH easier

Pretty gutted I missed out on this being £22 at GAME earlier this week. The demo is a blast.

Me, too. My son won't stop playing the demo, and I'm having a blast with him on it. Want to play through the whole experience.

As not getting a PS4 till next month was kinda leaning to getting Wii U version now but gamepad features not bringing anything new to the table so might as well wait.

Unless it goes on sale again. :)

I picked this game up during the Steam sale a few days ago, it really is fantastic.

I'm waiting for this to drop price on the WiiU, especially after playing Lego Batman 2, good stuff all round.