NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2013

For me it would be a shame if Massa and Hulk miss out and Barrichello gets a drive (although Massa may class Sauber too midfiled). Also I though Rubens couldn't find any money to stay around F1?

For me it would be a shame if Massa and Hulk miss out and Barrichello gets a drive (although Massa may class Sauber too midfiled). Also I though Rubens couldn't find any money to stay around F1?

He did find a sponsor but it turns out Sauber didn't rule him out right away out of respect. They have since ruled it out. Ah well.

Really impressed with Grosjean today, he's come along in leaps and bounds since last year. If he can keep this form up I wouldn't be surprised to see him regularly in the championship mix starting next year.

So now that Vettel has walked to his 4th consecutive World Championship, what other battles are we all looking forward to as the season is drawing towards it's conclusion? I know it's still mathematically possible for Alonso but I don't see Vettel DNF'ing the rest of the season now, the Red Bull team are just too good apart from Webber's side of the garage.

Also RIP Vilotta

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Tbh I'm really enjoying the races behind Vettel, Korea was fantastic! Just a shame the little bugger has to be out in front all the time ;p

Tbh I'm really enjoying the races behind Vettel, Korea was fantastic! Just a shame the little bugger has to be out in front all the time ;p

Kinda spoils things when one person is so dominant the whole damn time, no? Every attempt to get "into" formula one has been spoiled by the fact that it often ends up as a one-horse (speedy little car thing?) race by about 15 minutes in. Then my attention completely wanes.

I agree the action behind Vettel is pretty sweet to watch, but seeing Vettel romp to victory from pole or second is just frustrating, it's just that Red Bull just get much stronger from halfway whilst the other teams struggle to keep up, which is where credit to Adrian Newey and his development team comes into play, which is something I don't think we were expecting to say in Neweys earlier career in F1. But that's just how it goes, I think the entire Red Bull development team should get more credit than they do, it's all down to Newey's designs in the publics eye but he has a team behind him to make this dominance happen. So I tip my hat to the men and Women who work under him, great group of people there.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Seb wins again, really is unstoppable.

Tbh Mark lost the race for himself though not managing the tyres well enough and also taking an age to overtake Grosjean where Seb did it in one.

Relatively good race. Not a huge amount of meaningful action down the field though other than behind the Daniel train for a while.

Grosjeans a real contender now, good to see after his dreadful season last year. Very disappointed about Hamilton, he could've been in the mix. Sometimes it feels like if he didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all. Not a bad race, hopefully we'll get at least one more thriller to see us for the winter.

Grosjean had a great start yesterday, so fast off the line. But again shows the dominance of the redbulls in the fact that Grosjean got a gap between Webber and Vettel because they were told to ease off to save the tyres, once Rocky said to Seb "Go Get him...!" Seb did it with ease. Same for Webber after the pit stop, granted Grosjean was running on different & older tires to Webber, but still. Shame that Webber couldn't pass Grosjean as easily as Seb, would of been quite nice to see Mark chase Seb down for the win, although by that point I guess a team radio would of come on telling Mark to back off Seb.

Is this shit true that i'm hearing... that Alonso may be going back to McLaren next season, and that Hulk is potentially resigning for Force India?

I also heard that Chilton is being considered for a seat at Force India too??

In Rally news...

Kubica is to drive one of the factory WRC Citroen's for Rally Wales.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110642

In kind of interested in going... it's the 14th-17th of November... the Austin GP is that weekend, but it's not a live race for anyone watching on the BBC, and lets face it. Seb's got this ;p

Has anyone been to a rally before, or knows anything about going to one?

Would anyone maybe want to go on the Saturday? or is Sunday the better day?

I literally have no idea how you do it, it seems really complicated. How do you know where to stand?... and then the cars come past you 1 and minute or whatever, and then that's it?... you have to then drive and beat the cars to another section to watch from or?

Best to stay around the service park(s?).

Dunno ;p

Also,

Another look inside the cut-in-half F1 car

Crazy to see Robert was just sat on the plank and they cut his seat away!

Also I'd forgotten or didn't realise about the area behind the drivers head being soft!

Edited by Retro_Link

I hate dragging this thread back so deep into the non-season but there is news and it is bad: Michael Schumacher has suffered a serious head injury while skiing in the French Alps earlier today. After multiple conflicting reports it has now be confirmed that he has suffered "serious brain trauma" and has been in a coma since arriving in the hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25545993

The hashtag going around is #prayforschumi. :(

Really hope the old man is alright :(

He was my hero growing up and there are very few sporting icons and legends that compare to him. Such cruel irony that he competed in the worlds most dangerous sport for almost 20 years and injures himself skiing.

Keep fighting Michael.