NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2013

People are going spare about how little Red Bull are being penalised for the accident. Honestly, Red Bull are ruining F1 with the actions. They need to go away, take a look at themselves then come back with a different look at things.

t'was a good race... so frustrating to watch as a webber fan though. 3rd time this year.. same wheel.. just as he's about to get released neck and neck with vettel... get fucked red bull =\

Will be keeping a tab on it. Suzia Wollf will be getting a drive so it'll be interesting to see what comes out of it tyres aside.

Good News: The F1 2013 game will have a bevy of classic F1 cars, circuits & drivers from the 80s & 90s. I've barely bit a chunk out of F1 2010 but I may snap for this anyway. You can buy them as 2 DLC packs or get them with a pre-order.

1982 Williams FW07

1988 Williams-Judd FW12

1988 Lotus 100T

1992 Williams FW14B

1996 Williams FW18

1999 Ferrari Ferrari F399

You get classic versions of some racetracks as well, from before they got chicanes and runoff strips in the names of lower speeds and higher safety.

Jerez

Brands Hatch

Imola

Estoril

There are also classic drivers to go along with the classic cars and tracks These include, but again are not limited to:

Nigel Mansell

Mario Andretti

Gerhard Berger

David Coulthard

Alain Prost

Jacques Villeneuve

Eddie Irvine

ku-xlarge.jpg

Edited by gaggle64

Lovely. Will post/promo those on my Tumblr F1 blog, I know a few fangirls who would be interested.

EDIT: Ooh, stickers!

Edited by gaggle64

ah cool, cheers man! :)

FYI, I have seen photos of fangirls, a couple of kimi fans in particular, wearing your T-shirts. To GPs too.

Just thought you'd like to know. :)

FYI, I have seen photos of fangirls, a couple of kimi fans in particular, wearing your T-shirts. To GPs too.

Just thought you'd like to know. :)

Have you really!!... and they're definitely mine?!

Be cool to see.

If it wasn't for Luca di Montezemelo (spelling?... I'm not gonna spend any more time on the guy than I have to), I'd be down with this move.

But it ended badly between him and Kimi and I can't see him as a guy who would want to admit he was wrong... nor can I see Kimi wanting to put himself in the environment where he is working under this guy again.

Dominicalli has always maintained a good relationship with Kimi, and even recenetly said Alonso and Kimi would be his dream F1 pairing.

The positive this time around is that Kimi would have James Allison in his corner... who hopefully has gone to Ferrari from Lotus and told them what an absolute fuck up they made in letting Kimi go and treating him the way they did.

Kimi's drive at Lotus has ultimately shown everyone in the paddock how badly Ferrari mismanaged him last time, and that all their bullshit was ultimately that.

Along with James Allison, Rory Byrne being back at Ferrari would also be a plus for Kimi. Hopefully they can get whatever the hell is going on with their development and wind tunnel sorted out.

Ferrari also has an advantage in designing their own 2014 engines and in tandem with their 2014 car.

Also hopefully Kimi might have heard the Ferrari engine may be stronger than that of Renaults.

Worst case scenario for me is that Ferrari are just doing it to take Kimi away from Red Bull, because ultimately Kimi is the key to either team winning the constructors championship in terms of his points scoring consistency there is no one better to have on board.

... And that once they secure him, they'll just treat him in the same way they did before, and not give him a car suited to his driving style, which is the opposite to Alonso's.

Again James Allison for me is the saving grace in all this. Well that and Ferrari would need to think twice about pissing off Kimi's fan base for a second time... along with all the new fans and respect he's gained from inside and outside the paddock this time round... everyone will be much more aware of what's going on.

I have to admit, the Red Bull package seems a strange one to overlook, so if this rumour is true then I hope it's because he knows something we don't.

(can you tell I've been thinking about this a lot recently :p)

Edited by Retro_Link

I'll believe when I see it, especially how content Kimi seems at Lotus. Ferrari have been sounding pretty desperate to pick themselves up recently so I wouldn't be surprised if Kimi did go and was able to practically dictate terms. Hope this doesn't mean Massa getting booted out of the field.

A bits of interesting tech information for next year: Pirelli are pushing for wider tyres because the engine power output is likely to be bigger than expected - 850bhp with engine + Kers rather than the expected 750bhp total (this year's output being roughly 780-ish). Can't wait to see what the new cars look like with the new engine & tyre specs.

Also Mercedes have give an idea of what their engine will likely sound like. It's a higher finer note but doesn't seem radically different.

I heard that Mercedes video before and wasn't that keen on the sound. I'm hoping it's not all that reflective (despite that defeting the purpose of the video).

Amazing qualifying session today! Thought Di Resta had it...so close! Amazing lap from Lewis Hamilton, he is in the form of his life right now and he thoroughly deserves these results! Here's hoping he gets a win tomorrow.

Tomorrow will certainly be a cracker, with light rain expected throughout the race and the Lotus and Ferrari pair out of position. Hoping for some fireworks between the top 3 into turn 1 ;)

Glad Hamilton got pole but gutted for DiResta & Massa, they almost played it perfectly but still lost out. Amazing result for the Caterhams & Marussias of course. Should be a banger of a race tomorrow, will be rushing home from work to get on iPlayer.

Niki had some, er, interesting thoughts on the upcoming movie Rush -

tumblr_ms13vc5j0h1r54owzo2_1280.jpg

Bad luck Kimi. :(

Usually like Spa, but did anyone else think today's race was a bit lacking?

Bad luck Kimi. :(

Usually like Spa, but did anyone else think today's race was a bit lacking?

It was. Mercedes seemed to be gambling on a wet race and the Red Bull was just mighty out in front. It's a shame we didn't get a bit of wet weather :/

It did rather turn out to be a disappointingly ordinary race after an extraordinary qualifying but that's the way it goes. Fingers crossed for a good race at Monza.

It was a little meh, unlucky for Kimi though. 27 races with scoring points on the bounce, and now this. Felt sorry for him though.

Hamilton did well i thought, very well indeed. Shame the Red Bull's didn't break down or the wet weather didn't set in. Bring on Monza, here's hoping for a better race, and more close.

Just knew once Vettel was passed Hamilton that was the race over, baring some mechanical failure or pit fuck up. Was hoping everytime he pitted that the mechanics would mess his stop.

Alonso flew through the field. Shame for Kimi, nice to see the other title contenders picking up podiums & Points, but it all seems to be in vain I guess it's now inevitable we'll see a Redbull & Seb 4th year in a row as champions.

It does seem somewhat inevitable that Vettel is going to get his 4th Driver's Championship which has really dampened my enjoyment of the racing recently. That and the BBC's coverage has been crap, I feel. Only having half of the races live has taken a lot of the enjoyment out of watching F1. Still one of the most asinine ideas that that money grubbing Ecclestone has had in recent years. The sooner he buggers off, the better.

Spa was just rather boring. Didn't really have much of the excitement that has been seen there in recent years (I still think one of my favourite races at Spa in recent years was 2009 I think when Fisichella was chasing down Raikkonen). Obviously, we can't deny that the Red Bull car is brilliant when out front, pretty much untouchable, but it's starting to feel a bit like the Schumacher days and all feeling a bit flat as none of the other teams/drivers seem to be able to catch Vettel out front unless there's a technical problem or pit stop issue. But then these seem more confined to Webber than Vettel.

I really hope that whoever gets Webber's seat next year in the Red Bull doesn't just lie down and let Vettel run the place. Hope he gets pushed both on the track as well as in the garage. And with current rumours, I'm not too sure that Riccardo will be able to bring that. Good driver but definitely would probably be brought in as a "2nd" driver.