NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2013

I hate so much that I can only watch half the races live!

It's so unfair making people have to pay... especially the UK, the home of #F1 and motorsport! Whilst others all around the world can just watch as normal!

I don't expect Sky to give up the reigns of F1 anytime. They've got ridiculous amounts of money, they'll keep it for quite some time. Same as they've got the license for Bond to show on TV, again they won't give them up anytime soon. It's a typical company, get all the TV you want to watch in order to entice you to them.

I can't complain, i only pay for the Sports pack. Parents pay the rest, so the cost of Sky is reasonable/good for both parties.

Senna's famous interview with Sir Jackie Stewart

Imola worth an F1 roadtrip/visit next year?... 20 years!

Edited by Retro_Link

Crap.

[for Kimi's title chances]

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107258

Lotus technical director James Allison to leave team

James AllisonLotus has suffered a shock early-season loss with technical director James Allison electing to leave the outfit, AUTOSPORT has learned.

Allison, one of the most highly rated designers in the Formula 1 paddock, was viewed as a key asset for Lotus as it pushed to challenge Red Bull for title glory this year.

But just months after initial speculation that other outfits were trying to lure him away, high level sources at the outfit have revealed that Allison has handed in his notice at the Enstone-based team.

Although Lotus was unavailable for comment when contacted, it is understood that an official announcement confirming the news - and the appointment of Nick Chester as the team's replacement technical director - is imminent.

It is not known where Allison is heading, but the most obvious destinations would be McLaren, Mercedes or Ferrari.

However, McLaren has ruled out the possibility, and Mercedes already has a wealth of technical directors. That leaves Ferrari - which has been on a recruitment drive over recent seasons - as clear favourite.

Sources suggest that Allison has signed a contract forbidding him from revealing his new employer until it makes the announcement.

Sod this. Why couldn't he have stayed until the end of the season! (well I know the answer, presumably to help which ever team build their 2014 car, which I now hope they get wrong :p)

I would have thought he'd be headed to McLaren after they lost Paddy Lowe, so would be a bit confusing if that isn't the case. Ferrari have apparently denied he's joining them, but then I wouldn't trust Ferrari as far as I could throw them. Williams are another possible destination, and tbh the outcome I'd most like to see.

If he's joined Mercedes well then... :blank:

Best sign for Red Bull Kimi.

Edited by Retro_Link

Looks he's off to Ferrari, a lot of cards being traded it seems - this year doesn't feel so much like 2013 as it does pre-2014.

Take heart though, Kimi's in high spirits.

Reporter: Kimi, do you think Alonso will have an advantage this being his home race?

Kimi: I don't care.

I'm really annoyed about the 2014 year atm. I don't want one team to potentially dominate.

Another lol

Journalist: "Did you watch the last race?"

Kimi: "I was in it..."

Lol at the Kimi quotes!

A bit annoyed to see a wet practice after the extra tyres and and updates were due for this race..oh well. Great to hear the cars again!

I think this season started off quit slowly with the occasional bit of interest regarding the Webber / Vettel issue,China was by far the more interesting of the few races we have seen so far.

Anyone read Hamiltons updates on BBC sport? My god it looks like something a child would write up. "Blah blah I have a dog and he's so cool and its cool I can bring him to the race, he's a dog and does dog things and he makes me happy cause he's a dog and dogs are loyal and I'm happy my dog is here with me this weekend"

Much preferred Webbers.

But on a different note. Exciting seeing the silver arrows lock the front of the grid. Well done Perez on out qualifying Button.

^ lol, it is a bit of a strange F1 column! ;)

Button's probably crapping himself, that Perez shows him for undeserving F1 champion he is.

Last race he was telling them to hold Perez back, this race he gets obliterated in Qualifying... and oh my god all his problems/moaning over the team radio all the time!

In the words of Rubens... 'blah, blah, blah, I don't want to hear it!' :p

It's setup for a great race tomorrow!! :D

Incredible Q2 lap from Hamiton!... it was like he'd found a shortcut!! And then great from both drivers in Q3.

But personally I'm hoping they don't have the race pace and drop back; also Nico is good at waving people past him during the opening laps! Fernando will maybe gain a place or two in his rocket ship... but once it all settles down it should be amazing!

Hoping Kimi can take this one of course with a great race :D or at least finish ahead of Vettel to close the gap in the WDC!

Damn, them Mercs just can't keep quali pace on race day. Must be frustrating for Hamilton & Rosberg.

Pretty happy with the final standings for the Podium. Ferrari look so different, and glad to see Kimi getting such great results with the Lotus.

It's nice having the unpredictably of last season again. While I don't think a mid table team like Williams or Sauber will make podium this season, as long as Lotus, Ferrari, Mercedes, Redbull, McLaren and Force India are all battling for points and podiums should make it another great season.

can't believe how fucking shite webbers start was.. the time he lost because of that and getting stuck behind terribads could have seen him pressuring for a top 3, and at the very least getting up in vettels grill.

I'm sure he'll be strong in Monaco as he has been the last few years, but he isn't doing a good enough job in that car at the moment.

I didn't even know where he was / completely forgot about him during the race on Sunday. Ok so he finished P5 which was good, but he's so off the radar most of the time!

Race weekend helmets -

d6HLC3d.jpg

iSS5CpoC2nS3l.png

and stupid Lewis Hamilton...

article-2329128-19F039FD000005DC-924_634x540.jpg

Oh and Lotus did some sort of Daft Punk vibe thing -

5lIgzWE.png

4klOHLy.png

Dke3zFZl.jpg

Well things look good for Mercedes for this weekend, probably the best track to qualify on pole and win the race.

Not if their tyres behave like they're made out of cheese again, but fingers crossed.

No not fingers crossed! :p ... Monaco is bad enough without a Mercedes train for the whole race! :p

But yeah it looks likely!

So this was this morning's GP2 race at Monaco. In it's entirety.

tumblr_mn9yran7hV1s9n4cro1_250.gif

Damn I was just this second gonna post that! :p

It's hilarious how they stuck in two joined lines of cars!!

well, this has had it all so far :) secretly hoping webber takes vettel out and announces his immediate retire from f1 :P this is the best chance he's had for revenge!

Well that was a very eventful race.

Glad to see Kimi just sneak into the points to keep his record up. Reading the story on BBC, he thinks Perez should be punched in the face for the way he was driving heh.

Understandable I guess, Perez was doing to aggressive driving, he knew which point of the lap he wanted to take people.

Shame Alonso had a quiet race, and also sucks that the safety car pit stops just didn't work out for Hamilton.

That was a weekend to forget as a Kimi fan!

Honestly I love Lotus at times, but then oh man can I hate them! They can be so shambolic as a team it's unreal! How they couldn't fix Kimi's brake problem from FP2 I don't know... and then they go and undo all the work he did in the race with an atrocious pit stop! Honestly he scores all their points for them and they still can't give him a decent pit stop. Lotus are so bad at them! Meanwhile they keep an idiot like Grosjean around. I hope they are happy falling back in both championships. Morons!

Kimi's the only World Championship component in that team, makes them look better than they are. I hope Red Bull do sign him.

*Rant over*

I imagine quite a few others enjoyed that race though?

The Red Bull is looking scarily dominant again. Hopefully it's just Canada though and Silverstone, Germany, Hungary will through the other teams back into the mix. Ferrari usually go well at Silverstone and Lotus almost won Hungary last year so we'll see.

Fernando raced well to finish second. Though it seemed quite a likely outcome anyway given the cars in front of him.

Mercedes... urgh I hate them. They're so cold and corporate as a race team.

---

Anyone thinking of going to Silverstone at all?

I'm hoping to go on the Friday maybe.

I enjoyed the race yeah. Was another case of pretending that Vettel isn't in F1 to make it more interesting.

God Damn McLaren are having a shit season so far. And it really doesn't look likely to improve. I am however happy to see that Perez is matching and on occasion bettering Buttons performances. But it's hard to spin it... Is it Perez making Button look bad, or Button making Perez look good?

Somewhat happy to see Alonso grab 2nd place. Dunno why. Hamilton's just not really my cup of tea this season.

I hope it closer in the title race again, It already looks like Redbull will wrap the constructors championship up unfortunately.

I remember at one stage in F1 wanting anyone but Alonso to win the championship, Not just because he was a double champion, but also due to how arrogant and smug he was. How the times change aye. I'm rooting for him. It's not as if Seb's that bad personality wise, in fact after seeing him on top gear, and paying more attention to his interviews, he's a genuine bloke. It's just the dominance again, I dislike it.

He pulled a 2 second lead within 3 laps in Canada... reminiscent of the 2011 season where he ran away with the title.

lastly. Very unfortunate to hear / read about the death of a marshal at the Canadian GP.

Apparently the Lotus F1 Team are supposed to be at the Lotus store next Wednesday at 4pm.